Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Should we be drafting Tua???

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins take Tua #2 overall?
Yes 7 15.56%
No 38 84.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2020, 11:14 AM   #241
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Wonderlic.scores for QB’s. Tua is not the sharpest.
Jake Fromm: 35
Joe Burrow: 34
Jordan Love: 27
Justin Herbert: 25
Anthony Gordon: 25
Jacob Eason: 23
James Morgan: 23
Jalen Hurts: 18
Tua Tagovailoa: 13

https://sports.yahoo.com/tua-tagovai...204156385.html
These have already been debunked as fake, or at least very inaccurate
EdmundDorf is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-19-2020, 11:15 AM   #242
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Nobody cares about that lol
Old 04-19-2020, 03:34 PM   #243
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

We draft Tua this year JMO the same people will be saying do you think we should draft Lawrence.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 04:15 PM   #244
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
We draft Tua this year JMO the same people will be saying do you think we should draft Lawrence.
Only if he blows a knee or hip
Old 04-20-2020, 09:05 AM   #245
Warthog
The Starter

Tua was a good attempt by Rivera to smokescreen our real draft intent (Chase Young) and generate a possible monster trade with our #2 pick with a team that ACTUALLY WANTED TUA. We NEVER wanted him.

Our interest in Tua was a lie, smoke, misdirection, fake, urban legend, rumor, propaganda. To some extent it self-generated a lot of press interest, sports stories by writers who were desperate to fill their columns after the SB, and fan desire looking for the franchise QB this team has lacked for over 30 years. Tua was the next shiny thing the Redskin’s fans have become addicted to in the Snyder era (“winning the spring”).

But Tua is an illusion, because he will land in Miami. A lot of people have been fooled by the alleged interest in Tua. But NOT the people who matter, meaning Miami’s leadership.

We will draft Chase Young and we will move on with Haskins and see if HE’s our real franchise QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:38 AM   #246
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Tua was a good attempt by Rivera to smokescreen our real draft intent (Chase Young) and generate a possible monster trade with our #2 pick with a team that ACTUALLY WANTED TUA. We NEVER wanted him.

Our interest in Tua was a lie, smoke, misdirection, fake, urban legend, rumor, propaganda. To some extent it self-generated a lot of press interest, sports stories by writers who were desperate to fill their columns after the SB, and fan desire looking for the franchise QB this team has lacked for over 30 years. Tua was the next shiny thing the Redskin’s fans have become addicted to in the Snyder era (“winning the spring”).

But Tua is an illusion, because he will land in Miami. A lot of people have been fooled by the alleged interest in Tua. But NOT the people who matter, meaning Miami’s leadership.

We will draft Chase Young and we will move on with Haskins and see if HE’s our real franchise QB.

I don't think it was a smokecreen, Ron also met with Utah State QB Jordan Love over the weekend per NFLN and Peter King, as did several teams.. You have to evaluate everyone
Old 04-20-2020, 11:03 AM   #247
AnonEmouse
The Starter

There's a difference between due diligence and actively looking at recruiting, even if the latter is for show. If he didn't interview the top prospects it would arouse more suspicion than going through the motions. I agree with Warthog, unless Miami come to us with a blockbuster deal we can't say no to, they will either deal with the Lions or trust Tua will drop to them. They will get better value with the Lions than us and still almost surely end up with their man.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:46 PM   #248
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I don't think it was a smokecreen, Ron also met with Utah State QB Jordan Love over the weekend per NFLN and Peter King, as did several teams.. You have to evaluate everyone

Sure, Rivera has to look at every major draft prospect, like Tua, because we are drafting after Cincy and they may NOT draft Burrow ( extremely unlikely but it still could happen). Or something could happen to Haskins, such as a freak injury or bad drug test or something like that.

What I was talking about regarding Tua was the leaked media reports that we might actually draft him -with Haskins being traded after the draft or TC. THAT idea was just largely fiction in order to see what trade offers or feelers were generated by teams (mostly Miami) that really want to draft Tua. If Miami offered their #5, #18 draft picks and something in the second round, then Rivera would have to really consider that offer. Those high draft picks gets you excellent or very good starters in three separate holes on the team. Say we fill CB, OT and WR or TE. THAT might be worth Chase Young.

But the media leak about Tua was just a fake and Miami knows it. I bet the ‘phins can sit pretty at their #5 pick and Tua comes right to them. No trade needed. We take Chase and he’ll be a star here. I also think Haskins will be our franchise QB of the future. When Chase helps our defense become one of the best squads in the NFL, we’ll all forget about how Rivera tried to trade our #2 spot for a bunch of good starters.....

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:59 AM   #249
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I agree with the NFL.com article that the likely trade is between Miami and Detroit. Miami likely believe they can wait on us picking CY and then can sound the Lions out on 2 x 1st rounders or even push for 1 x 1st, 1 x 2nd to get pick #3. If that doesn't happen, as Warthog says, they can likely hang until #5 and get Tua anyway. I just don't see them throwing all their draft capital at us when there's a high chance they can get their guy with better value or by not even trading at all.

If anything it's the Lions pick that get's into a bidding war if the Chargers and Raiders want to move up for a QB. Miami are the only ones that can outbid anyone else and the Chargers and Raiders don't have the capital to push us into a trade for #2 (at least not without throwing the baby out with the bath water).
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:32 AM   #250
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

"The Redskins have talked to a couple teams that are interested in moving up"

Rap sheet

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2020, 10:13 PM   #251
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame