Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-28-2020, 09:08 PM   #31
Warthog
The Starter

Most likely the Redskins take Chase Young unless something bad comes out in the combine. With as much as players prep for the combine now, the chance of Chase tubing it is remote.

Miami probably has the only combination of high enough picks to get us to trade down unless a team does a crazy Ditka-like offer of ALL their draft picks, plus their first-rounder next year.

I agree with a previous poster about falling too low in the first round with the first pick. You’ve got to get at least major player in the first round to give up on Chase. Isaiah Simmons (LB) or Andrew Thomas (OT) or maybe Jerry Jeudy (WR) in that order. Then another pick in the first round later.

This thread is just for fun. I put it out there rather than work hard writing on my next book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-28-2020, 09:17 PM   #32
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
And while the game has changed over the years, there are examples all throughout the game’s history. Lawrence Taylor won two Super Bowls. Reggie White won one (and the Eagles got decidedly worse when he left for GB). Bruce Smith played in 4 straight SBs. Charles Haley with both Dallas and SF.

Heck when you look back at the Skins we had QBs change out, but Mann and Manley were constants.

You’re right. It’s been over 25 years since we had the Mann and Manley combination of elite rushing edges. The thought of Young and Sweat, under the leadership and tutorial instruction of Del Rio / RR makes me drool. We have not had an elite rushing combo in all these years. Plus, I think the pass rush of Allen and Payne would greatly improve with the attention going to the edges.

However, if the team could get Simmons (LB) AND Jeudy (WR) and a first for next year, that would be tempting!

Flyboy.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:51 PM   #33
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Chase, Montez, Ryan rotation in a 4-3 is beautiful. All 3 of them are solid or above against the run too. I'll be pretty frustrated if we don't get Chase.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:54 PM   #34
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Chase and don’t look back, we can address some holes with FA. Fuck Peter Queen, fucking fat fuck who voted against Art Monk, POS!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:04 PM   #35
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Talking Re: Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Chase and don’t look back, we can address some holes with FA. Fuck Peter Queen, fucking fat fuck who voted against Art Monk, POS!!
Hey, stop holding back.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:41 PM   #36
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

He voted against Art Monk? What a tool!!

Art had 3 SB rings, 5 x 1000+ yd seasons, and three Pro Bowl years!

Flyboy.

Old 01-28-2020, 11:53 PM   #37
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
He voted against Art Monk? What a tool!!

Art had 3 SB rings, 5 x 1000+ yd seasons, and three Pro Bowl years!

I think he eventually gave in after 8 years, Art should have been 1st ballot HOF, King held him back. Fuck him!! Art got the last laugh with the best, longest, loudest ovation a player has ever received at the HOF induction.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:02 AM   #38
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Also think about from the other teams angle. Miami are rebuilding, so would they really give up all those picks for 1 potentially great player? I'd say everyone has learned from the blockbuster trades as above; you might get lucky with that 1 player but look what you'd be giving up. Hypothetically a trade would be tempting but I just don't see enough suitors with the capital they'd be willing to give up.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:33 AM   #39
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Peter King is such a tool. How'd that work out for the Rams? 1st round draft picks fail 50% of the time. Take the potentially elite player and get some corners in FA. You do that and combine with better scheme and you may have a middle of the pack d, or better.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:41 AM   #40
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I would be shocked if any team would give a king's ransom to trade up and get Tua. His hip injury should send up red flags as to his long term viability to hold up to the rigors of playing in the NFL. 80 year old people get hip injuries, not 20 year old ones.

Just watch, Tua talk is going to heat up as we move closer to the spring. It sounds like he should make a full recovery from the injury. Even with the injury there are people out there that like him just as much as Burrow if not more.

Old 01-29-2020, 08:15 AM   #41
Randall Nestor
Special Teams

I also like the idea of a trade back if we can get a haul from the dolphins. The thing with taking multiple players as compared to one player you have a better chance of hitting on the players. If we take one player and he gets hurt or turns out to be a bust then this draft was for nothing. If we get the haul that is being talked about then we have an opportunity to draft multiple starters. If one happens to get hurt you still have the others playing and contributing. Here is another possibility. What if the lions decide they want a particular QB and want to trade up one spot to make sure they get the QB they want then the skins could still get Young and get extra picks. It wouldn't be anything like they are describing from the dolphins but it would be extra picks. Just a thought
Randall Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:40 AM   #42
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Just watch, Tua talk is going to heat up as we move closer to the spring. It sounds like he should make a full recovery from the injury. Even with the injury there are people out there that like him just as much as Burrow if not more.

yup...alotta of folks like the fact Burrow performed so well this season and over shadowed Tua. If you polled the GMs, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tua is the majority favorite at QB.

I think we could get an RG3 like deal...the 2 highest 1st round this year, plus the dolphins 2nd and another 1st next year and maybe a 4th. To move back to move back 3 spots and pick that up? There are offers you simply cant refuse.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:44 AM   #43
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The combine will tell a lot about Tua's injury. If he doesn't participate that is not a good sign for him. I still don't see Miami trading up all that for 3 spots..
Old 01-29-2020, 10:25 AM   #44
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Nestor View Post
I also like the idea of a trade back if we can get a haul from the dolphins. The thing with taking multiple players as compared to one player you have a better chance of hitting on the players. If we take one player and he gets hurt or turns out to be a bust then this draft was for nothing. If we get the haul that is being talked about then we have an opportunity to draft multiple starters. If one happens to get hurt you still have the others playing and contributing. Here is another possibility. What if the lions decide they want a particular QB and want to trade up one spot to make sure they get the QB they want then the skins could still get Young and get extra picks. It wouldn't be anything like they are describing from the dolphins but it would be extra picks. Just a thought
No chance. We discussed this earlier. Again, if we did that, Detroit would take Young for sure, and we would look foolish. If the Lions wanted a QB - and there has been nothing reported that would indicate that they do - they would have zero reason to trade up one spot, since it is pretty clear that the Redskins aren't looking to pick a QB. The only possible reason the Lions would trade up one spot would be to hoodwink the Redskins and take Young. I don't think RR is that foolhardy.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:37 AM   #45
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
It seems the consensus here is that Tua's injury won't have an effect on his draft position, we shall see. It also seems people have forgot about Josh Rosen, when discussing Miami trading up to snag Tua. Quite a few here wanted the Redskins to get him.
There is a reason people forgot about Josh Rosen. Through 2 years, he's shown zero improvement and essentially lost his job twice to both Kyler Murray and Ryan Fitzmagic. In a lost season, Miami had every reason to stick with Rosen to see what they had before going into this year's draft. They decided they had seen enough. Rosen is a backup and not part of the equation.

As for those of us who wanted Rosen, it was less about Rosen himself and more about not wanting the Skins to trade UP to get Haskins (or even take him at 15).
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote