Lol...this guy is such a fuckin clown. Emmitt 2.0
The fucking worst!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-16-2018, 11:21 AM   #77
MTK
\m/

Re: Around the league Week 6

McFarland is the only decent part of the MNF booth and he's nothing special. I've said it before but Tessitore is like a used car salesman, he just comes off phony to me and he's way too hyped up. Witten just isn't natural at all.

Whoever put this booth together needs to be fired.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #78
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

A group of us went through all of the starting QB's and identified Alex at number 15. This is a QB league and 15 means you are average at the position. Last night is an example of a great QB can fix other issues. Until Alex's performs better, or we find someone new, we will 7 - 9 to 10 - 6. If he improves throughout the season and lowers his ranking to number 10, we will be in a better place during the second half of the year.

Any thoughts on were he should be ranked?
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:15 PM   #79
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
A group of us went through all of the starting QB's and identified Alex at number 15. This is a QB league and 15 means you are average at the position. Last night is an example of a great QB can fix other issues. Until Alex's performs better, or we find someone new, we will 7 - 9 to 10 - 6. If he improves throughout the season and lowers his ranking to number 10, we will be in a better place during the second half of the year.

I think that sounds right for this year. He needs to play better and Jay needs to continue to prep him and get him ready. Alex doesn't have the offense down nor does he have a good report with the WR outside of P Rich.

Id like to see Alex moving a little more...move the pocket and maybe some design runs.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:18 PM   #80
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Alex is mid tier so 15 is about right. Last yr was a top 10 year for him but he has came back down to earth a bit. Reviewing the tape from Sunday right now, he needs to let that damn ball rip some, stop playing so safe.

66 Got his ass kicked BTW
Old 10-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #81
MTK
\m/

Yeah I'd say 12-15 for Alex. I'm a little surprised at some of the reactions from fans this year. He's never going to be a drop back and kill you from the pocket QB. We've seen the formula for winning with him from the 3 wins. Run the ball, play well defensively, and he will manage the offense, make some nifty plays on the run and by scrambling, and not turn it over. No he hasn't played his best ball yet and I think a lot of that comes from Gruden continuing to mold the offense to suit his strengths. They'll get there, it takes time.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:05 PM   #82
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post

I would still have him in the top 10, for one main reason - he doesn't make blunders. He may not be the flashiest, but with a few more games with these receivers he will be one of the "winningest"

Looking at QB rating he is #18th, but 7 of the 17 ahead of him have 5 or more than turnovers, and another 6 have 3 or more turnovers. In terms of touchdowns, his number is comparatively low, 6 versus double digits for most qb's, and if that number doesn't pick up over the next 4 weeks, then I will re-evaluate it.

Finally stats alone aren't everything, wins and contribution to the win, or loss, are sometimes judgement calls, and best I can tell Smith has contributed to our wins with important 3rd down completions, and not had any boneheaded/lack of awareness plays that led considerably to the other team's winning.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:19 PM   #83
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah I'd say 12-15 for Alex. I'm a little surprised at some of the reactions from fans this year. He's never going to be a drop back and kill you from the pocket QB. We've seen the formula for winning with him from the 3 wins. Run the ball, play well defensively, and he will manage the offense, make some nifty plays on the run and by scrambling, and not turn it over. No he hasn't played his best ball yet and I think a lot of that comes from Gruden continuing to mold the offense to suit his strengths. They'll get there, it takes time.
The TD pass to PRich was big time, back of the end zone and placed it on a rope. He is a good QB and I'm still happy we got him
Old 10-16-2018, 02:24 PM   #84
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The TD pass to PRich was big time, back of the end zone and placed it on a rope. He is a good QB and I'm still happy we got him
People just need to get used to a different style of QB. He's going to be fine once he and Jay get all the kinks worked out.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:25 PM   #85
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
People just need to get used to a different style of QB. He's going to be fine once he and Jay get all the kinks worked out.
Agree, we need to remember its just 5 games in.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #86
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Agree, we need to remember its just 5 games in.
I hate to even say this, but you know we had 4 preseason games that might have helped getting on the same page...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #87
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Wrong thread. Damnit.

Big Panthers fan this week. Good chance to gain a game on the whole division. Take advantage.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #88
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Giants owner John Mara just now at owners meetings, re: Odell Beckham: "I wish he would create the headlines by his play on the field as opposed to what he says and what he does off the field. I think he needs to do a little more playing and a little less talking."

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:04 PM   #89
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Giants owner John Mara just now at owners meetings, re: Odell Beckham: "I wish he would create the headlines by his play on the field as opposed to what he says and what he does off the field. I think he needs to do a little more playing and a little less talking."
Lololol! This would have been a valid position before unloading the Brinks truck.

OBJ can and will do whatever he wants now!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2018, 09:23 PM   #90
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Beckham is the kind of guy where if the Giants lose and he gets 8 catches for 130 and a td or two he's totally fine. It's seems to be all about him all the time. Giants were really in a tough spot. They kind of had to pay the guy.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote