RAMS Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-13-2020, 10:18 AM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: RAMS Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Because he goes back on his word "Dwayne is the guy" Benches him a week later lol.

"We can compete for this division" Literally gave up in 2 games this yr.
LOL I'm still failing to see how he's different than any other coach.

First two weeks Haskins wasn't gloating about his 300 yard game despite the fact we've lost every goddamn game by double digits this year.

Circumstances change, people change their decisions. Get over it. We have no idea what happened in that locker room, whose to say other players didn't get tired of Haskins shit and go to the coach?
Old 10-13-2020, 10:16 AM   #2
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I mean does anybody really believe we're competing for a division title? We've lost 7 straight by double digits, we're literally 1 more away from setting a new NFL record. How about we lose a game by single digits first?

I think Ron is just conducting tryouts right now, hoping someone will step up and seize a job. Way too many holes on this roster to actually compete for a division title.
4 = number of wins our next 6 opponents have combined (4 against NFCE)
1 = number of games back

I can see how Ron thought coming into this year it would be an eval year. Then the NFCE shits the bed, he looks at the schedule and thinks there is a chance that they could actually make something of this season.

So he thinks if Kyle Allen can just run the playbook, defense plays decent .... theres a chance.

not so crazy talk ... theres still a chance. We could very well be 6-6 if we go 4-2 over the next 6.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:20 AM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
1 = number of games back

I can see how Ron thought coming into this year it would be an eval year. Then the NFCE shits the bed, he looks at the schedule and thinks there is a chance that they could actually make something of this season.

So he thinks if Kyle Allen can just run the playbook, defense plays decent .... theres a chance.

not so crazy talk ... theres still a chance. We could very well be 6-6 if we go 4-2 over the next 6.
This is true. Teams get hot all the time, and I'm not gonna count us out until we're past the 8 loss threshold. But at some point the on-field performance needs to change drastically.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:28 AM   #4
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
This is true. Teams get hot all the time, and I'm not gonna count us out until we're past the 8 loss threshold. But at some point the on-field performance needs to change drastically.
Todd Collins 2.0.

If Kyle can just move the chains and the D can win the LOS .. then who knows.

I do not think we will make the playoffs or be near .500 though.

I honestly just wanted to ride Haskins, Martin, Christian, Moreland, Moreau, the WRs as long as possible so we are confident in our decision on whether they can be considered starters or need upgrading next year. All while collecting a top 5 draft pick for next year that could be used to address QB, LT or CB.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:35 PM   #5
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I agree that the messaging has been mixed at best, but I too am willing to give RR a mulligan of sorts this year, just given the circumstances of everything he is dealing with.

I am fine with keeping A Smith in the game despite K Allen being cleared. That was not a love tap he took on the sideline, and just because you're "cleared" to play, doesn't mean that is in your best interest.

I'm done with the talk about A Smith, and whether he should play because of the devastating injury he had. He rehabbed - extensively, the doctors say he can play, he wants to play, so if he's capable and his number is up, then he plays. That is all.

It's really simple to me. All this talk about let's use this year to evaluate the roster, blah, blah, blah. You can't do that...you can't NOT try to win the games, because you want to have a season long tryout. No, you go out and you try to win them all. You put in the players that give you the best chance to do that. That doesn't mean you don't give your first round QB a chance to prove he is the guy, but four games in you have to agree that he isn't. K Allen is the guy that gives this team the best chance to win right now, and it appears that the job is his for now - so long as he's healthy.

It's ridiculous to even think that this team is still in the race to win the Division, but that is how things have shaken out so far. Leave the tanking to the NBA. I hope they find a formula to go win some games, and gain some momentum going forward and into the offseason, whether they win the Division or not. That is more important than "trying" to lose so you can better your draft position. That is just stupid and always has been.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:23 AM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
1 = number of games back

This is true...but my issue is we don’t look like a competent football, much less competitive. Also, my big takeaway from 5 weeks is we are lacking talent at the and have vastly overpaid for guys giving us nothing.

Cooley brought this up, our top 3 big cap hits we get nothing from:

Alex Smith .... bigly mistake. He can’t play at all, he’s god awful

Collins...paid as a top 5 safety, plays like a JAG

RK...great first game, nothing since.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:36 AM   #7
rocnrik
Playmaker

I’m worried that if RR gets covid it could be really really bad... maybe he needs to take a leave of absence for his health sake .
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:38 AM   #8
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Ron is a mess. He is like a flickering light bulb and has no idea how to run the game.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:42 AM   #9
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Ron is a mess. He is like a flickering light bulb and has no idea how to run the game.
I'll wait a couple years to let him build his own team but yeah I'm not too optimistic after the last 4 games
Old 10-13-2020, 10:22 AM   #10
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

You guys are just hot right now because we've lost 4 in a row and looked terrible in all 4. No easy solutions right now. Just have to work hard to get out of it.

Give us a win next week and I bet the tone around here does a complete 180. All this "Ron doesn't know what he's doing" talk will go out the window, even if it is only for 1 week.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:53 PM   #11
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
You guys are just hot right now because we've lost 4 in a row and looked terrible in all 4. No easy solutions right now. Just have to work hard to get out of it.

Give us a win next week and I bet the tone around here does a complete 180. All this "Ron doesn't know what he's doing" talk will go out the window, even if it is only for 1 week.
He may very well know perfectly what he's doing from a football standpoint, and I actually kinda like the fact that he doesn't seem to give a F what we and the media think.

But in game management and communication have been a mess. The whole developmental year thing, throwing the towel 3 halves in a row, having the QB take in game test on 4th and goal from the 13 instead of making the game a 2 possession one... and then saying he's benching him to try to go for the division and because there's frustration on the sidelines.

I also hate the leaks being back (the meeting with Dwayne before the Ravens game, then Dwayne's work ethic etc...).
Old 10-13-2020, 01:42 PM   #12
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Good piece here. Read it all.

https://riggosrag.com/2020/10/13/was...team-not-tank/
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:59 AM   #13
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Very relevant and good read for the fans of tanking here. I also agree with your above post. And I don't have any defense for Rivera's not trying to win games early on, but it's not going to be a big deal to me unless it continues the entire year.

@French: I hate to say it because I hate the leaks too, but that's been a long time part of the culture around here and it's going to take more than a HC change to change that going forward.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:16 AM   #14
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Very relevant and good read for the fans of tanking here. I also agree with your above post. And I don't have any defense for Rivera's not trying to win games early on, but it's not going to be a big deal to me unless it continues the entire year.

@French: I hate to say it because I hate the leaks too, but that's been a long time part of the culture around here and it's going to take more than a HC change to change that going forward.
You're probably 100% right... but the beginning of the season had me hoping the culture change was already a thing. Maybe it's just not to that extent yet...
Old 10-14-2020, 08:28 AM   #15
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Some of you are real optimistic. Not sure why. This team has like 4 good players.

What is the situation w/ Foster and Holcolm? I'd get them on the field. The LB are serious JAGS. They remind me of Mason Foster types.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote