Welcome your Washington Commanders

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-06-2022, 10:03 AM   #436
irish
Playmaker

Re: Welcome your Washington Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I have mixed feelings about that. I loved the fight song, and I want to be happy that they listened to those of us saying it needed to stay. But I'm not sure how it connects well with Commanders... But I'll wait and see the revamped version.
No matter what, glad the song is staying.
They aren't going to play the old tune with new lyrics. They have said it will be a new arrangement of the song so there will be familiar elements to the tune but it will sound more different than the same.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-06-2022, 10:12 AM   #437
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
If your dad had a sex change would you start calling him mom?

REDSKINS!!

I know a man who is now a woman and her kids call her mom. So the answer to your question is yes.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:26 AM   #438
nonniey
The Starter

Yeah this isn't a scientific poll but from the responses here less than a 3rd choose to primarily/exclusively use Commanders as the name, a bit more than a 3rd will mix Redskins and Commanders (preference to Redskins) and a bit more than a 3rd won't call them the Commanders.

If that translates to the general fan base I think that my prediction that name Commanders won't last long and the team will go thru yet another name change will occur.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 10:52 AM   #439
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Yeah this isn't a scientific poll but from the responses here less than a 3rd choose to primarily/exclusively use Commanders as the name, a bit more than a 3rd will mix Redskins and Commanders (preference to Redskins) and a bit more than a 3rd won't call them the Commanders.

If that translates to the general fan base I think that my prediction that name Commanders won't last long and the team will go thru yet another name change will occur.
No way are they going through another name change. We'll be looking back at this in a couple of years and wonder what the big deal was. Especially if we have a decent team and win a couple of games.

And I'm no Johnny come lately, been a Redskins fans since '66.
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 10:55 AM   #440
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I just got this hoodie off Fanatics and I'm pretty pleased with it, I actually love the crest. But I still call them the Redskins when I talk about them out loud with people. Nobody bats an eye.

I just read that they're bringing back the marching band and revamping the words to the fight song. Bro, you can try, but that crowd is singing Hail to the Redskins when that tune plays, no matter what words you flash up on the jumbotron.

Maybe you can use that sweatshirt as a rag. Clean the house or car w/ it. :-)
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 11:28 AM   #441
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post

There is ZERO chance they change the name again. Wizards sounded strange and people called them the Bullets for awhile until the new name stuck in their mind. Now Wizards seems normal and nobody cares what the old name used to be.
Old 05-06-2022, 02:36 PM   #442
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
There is ZERO chance they change the name again. Wizards sounded strange and people called them the Bullets for awhile until the new name stuck in their mind. Now Wizards seems normal and nobody cares what the old name used to be.
You can't compare the Bullets name change and the Redskins. It is two totally different beasts w/ two totally different scenarios. On top of that the Bullets are not the major draw in DC.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 05:03 PM   #443
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Agreed. Not a fan of the new name, but no name was going to be used right away by the majority of fans. Many said right away, before the new name was picked, they were going to keep saying Redskins. The only, very unlikely, scenario where the name was going to change a second time was if Dan was forced to sell the team before September and the new owner wanted to be the nice guy in town. But in all likely hood that's not happening. And other than that, the new name is Commanders.
Old 05-09-2022, 08:50 AM   #444
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Agreed.

0.0% chance it changes again in our lifetimes.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:10 PM   #445
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
You can't compare the Bullets name change and the Redskins. It is two totally different beasts w/ two totally different scenarios. On top of that the Bullets are not the major draw in DC.
Have you seen the attendance at Washington's football team's games? They aren't a major draw anymore either.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:12 PM   #446
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Have you seen the attendance at Washington's football team's games? They aren't a major draw anymore either.
Exactly.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 12:18 PM   #447
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'm sorry but if you are hating on this helmet , you are in denial.. Nothing will replace the Skins Logo but they NAILED it with the W and matte
Old 05-09-2022, 12:37 PM   #448
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

I'm sorry but if you are hating on this helmet , you are in denial.. Nothing will replace the Skins Logo but they NAILED it with the W and matte
Looks really sharp
Old 05-09-2022, 09:03 PM   #449
rocnrik
Playmaker

I’m so glad they went with the W on the helmet !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:32 PM   #450
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

Yeah helmets are looking great. I like jerseys too, minus the away one, they gotta fix that...