Giants Pre Game Thread (Version1)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-24-2018, 03:36 PM   #31
calia
Playmaker

Re: Giants Pre Game Thread (Version1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Skins seriously have nothing to worry about this week.

Argh!!!!! Don’t say that!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2018, 03:41 PM   #32
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
He is not alone.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:49 PM   #33
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Argh!!!!! Don’t say that!!!!

To me its not about the Giants...its about the Jay and the Skins. If they come out like they did with Indy, its a loss all day long. They thought they could sleep walk through the game.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:55 PM   #34
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

This game could get ugly, if the Skins live up to their potential. I don't fear the Giants as much as I fear the Redskins (hopefully discarded after b2b wins) 60 game mortal enemy of being unprepared in consecutive games. Giants have clearly thrown in the towel, if Gruden doesn't have the team prepared it could be Indy 2.0.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:13 PM   #35
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

This is the type of game the Skins need to get up early, and I think the Giants as a team won't play well together. If the Skins make a few stupid mistakes, and let the Giants get a good feeling then they will play hard all game long.

Unfortunately, the Skins have a longer track record of the second scenario then the first.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:43 PM   #36
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

With Snacks gone AP should have a field day. Apple gone too. Not that he is any good but he is better than whoever was behind him on the depth chart. I really hope this isn’t the game that leaves me scratching my head. I will say, again, that if we lose to a one win team with a chance to really take a nice little lead in the division (cowboys have a bye) than Gruden might as well get his bags packed.
I should not be nervous about this game, but I am. However......
Skins 33
G-women 17
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:26 AM   #37
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Vegas has the game at EVEN, how's that for a vote of no confidence in Gruden.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:26 AM   #38
calia
Playmaker

Hope they use it as motivation.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:33 AM   #39
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Vegas has the game at EVEN, how's that for a vote of no confidence in Gruden.
Vegas is look at some big time trends:

- We usually suck in Met Life stadium
- We usually suck coming off a win

It's a matter of Vegas believing we'll return to who we've been the last few years. So the question is do you believe it's different now?

The constant is Gruden. At the same time, the team is built completely differently now, with the ability to stop the run and pound the rock with Peterson.

If I were betting it, I'd take the Skins here. I don't think Gruden has had a defense like this until now, and it changes things.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:10 AM   #40
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Here is why the Giants can win. They have wr's, rb and a TE that can make big plays. Beckham can get loose a few times and score from anywhere, as can Barkley. We don't have that kind of playmaker. I want to see Preston Smith dominate this week. Everyone is pissing on Solider. He wasn't this bad playing for the Pats.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:16 AM   #41
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Here is why the Giants can win. They have wr's, rb and a TE that can make big plays. Beckham can get loose a few times and score from anywhere, as can Barkley. We don't have that kind of playmaker. I want to see Preston Smith dominate this week. Everyone is pissing on Solider. He wasn't this bad playing for the Pats.
Center, right guard and right tackle are utter trash...solder and Hernandez are head and shoulders more talented on the left side. Payne, Matty I and Kerrigan should feast. Allen should do well against Hernandez...but Preston job will probably be to set the edge and don’t let saquon turn the corner. I won’t have a problem if that is the strategy.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:20 AM   #42
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
exactly why I'm a bit concerned, we SHOULD win this game by 7 but we all know that's not how we roll.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:26 AM   #43
MTK
\m/

The only way the Giants win is if we beat ourselves.

If we play the run tough as we have all year and don’t turn it over, it will be next to impossible for the Giants to win.

It might not be pretty but honestly who cares. If you’re worried about style points this year it’s time to find a new team.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:26 AM   #44
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
He wasn't as bad playing for the Pats as he had a QB who got the ball out in less than 2 seconds, and brilliant playcalling that makes up for various deficiencies. Solder has been solid but not spectacular, and is being asked to do a lot more this season -- he's finding his limits pretty fast.

I agree re: the playmakers -- they have a better RB and stud WR (head case though he is) than we do, and each can score every time they touch the ball. Their offense is a lot better than the one we just faced, and while their D is much worse, we're not a team built to win a shootout. We will need to control the ball and keep their playmakers off the field, just like we did with Green Bay. I think we can, but they cannot take this team lightly.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:18 PM   #45
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The only way the Giants win is if we beat ourselves.

If we play the run tough as we have all year and don’t turn it over, it will be next to impossible for the Giants to win.

It might not be pretty but honestly who cares. If you’re worried about style points this year it’s time to find a new team.
They're going to look to get the ball out of Eli's hands quickly because they know our pass rush is decent. So we'll have to swarm to the ball and tackle well. The one concern I have is letting Beckham or Saquon have any space to breathe after they catch the ball - if they have some open space to work with they'll take it to the house.

So my plan would be to make Eli have to beat you deep, meaning make their line block you long enough to throw downfield. I doubt they can do it. So I'd bring DJ up towards the line quite a bit and let the corners play up on the line. When they try those little quick bubble screens to Beckham you have to be there to hit him immediately.

If they want to try 7 step drops behind that line with statue Eli back there, I'll take my chances with Montae in single high. Chances are our pass rush will disrupt Manning often enough.

I think you're right, I think the Skins know that the Giants will try to get the ball out of Eli's hands quickly. They'll have a plan to squash any possibility of Beckham or Saquon having space to work with.