Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

ATTNER: 'Skins still throwing money away

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2004, 11:33 AM   #11
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Yeah, I think its just you. Its hard to argue about us giving a second rounder away, but we defintley shouldnt have gotten one for Champ. Dont even tell me the " great CB is harder to find than great RB " comment, because Cornerbacks have about 1/24th the impact on a overall season as Running backs do. In word to his contract, we have him locked up, and happy, and the contract is proboly backloaded so we can just restructure in a few years, if he dosent wanna restructure then screw him get the scissors. We need to win now. As far as that Brunell Contract, that money will never even see Brunell, hes got three years left in him then hes going to go, the only reason he got that much $ was because its spread out over all that time, and it looks like alot more than it really is. Shawn Springs sucks? How do you know? When healthy he is awsome, and there was a reason they drafted Trufant last year... because you need two corner backs on the feild, not one. Finally, Griffen is not just a " Average " player, I'm not saying hes a unbelivable player or anything, but hes a hell of a upgrade from what we have, as is Daniels. I, too, dont think our Dline work can be done, but I think its a good start. In addition, we have resigned some of hte key guys to our special teams unit, Lennie Friedman who may prove to be vital to our Oline, like last year, Kevin Mitchell who might make a run at a starting position, and we have a new punter in Tupa, and a upgraded LB in Marcus Washington. If that sucks, I dont know whats good.

Last edited by Gmanc711; 03-06-2004 at 11:46 AM.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote