Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2018, 11:06 AM   #31
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,421
Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Eagles had two cast offs that they picked up in FA and a trade. Worked well for them cause they have a pretty good line. It probably won't happen again but if there's a guard at #13 and he's BPA then please draft him. You win in the trenches. That's what use to win around here.
If Nelson fell to # 13 I'd take him in a heartbeat. Our line would be amazballs with him.

Or if we trade down I wouldn't mind Will Hernandez or Price from OSU.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-08-2018, 11:26 AM   #32
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,959
Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

Blount and Ajayi are both legit backs and far and away better than Kelley and Perine, come on now
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:35 PM   #33
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 3,185
Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Samaje Perine fights his guts out.
lmao.
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

We're on to Alex Smith.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:50 PM   #34
WillH
The Starter
 
WillH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,534
Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I keep hearing that you can just plug anyone in the backfield and it should work perfectly. Clearly that's not the case. It takes talent to be a good NFL running back, otherwise just sign an UDFA every year and plug him in. Hell, I'm available. The last great RB we had, we had to trade a HOF corner to get. We keep kicking the can every year on this position and saying this is the year we get a beast in the 6th round. Well, it hasn't happened. Lets get a badass back there.
AlfMo- 6th round
Thompson - 4th round

Matt Jones - 3rd

Not that AlfMo was a dominant RB, but he was a good one, better than Matt Jones and picked 3 rounds later. Thompson too was a later pick and is an important piece to the offense. Again, better value than Jones.

So, Matt Jones wasn't a first or second round pick and I think that's your point, and I tend to agree that this year's 2nd pick should probably be RB, but I'm just pointing out that if it's not as elite RB I wouldn't ever take them in the first. I'd even give pause to drafting Barkley at 13 depending on ago eke is on the board and who's willing to trade.

Marshawn Lynch is the only elite RB that has won a Superbowl in 15 years and he had some help at QB. It's a passing league, RBs don't last long and just can't impact a team as much as they used to. It's to me a luxury pick to get that elite RB that you make after you're solid across the board.

But yeah, I'd like to get a better back in the 2nd this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
You like that! You like that!
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:00 PM   #35
simbosargos75
Special Teams
 
simbosargos75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 127
Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
1) I like the idea of trading down, but couldn't we hope to get a 2nd if we trade even further down in the 1st? Or at least a 3rd and a 4th?
Legit question,I literally have no idea what's realistic or not here...


2) Even after trading down, I think I'd draft defense in the first (DT preferably), because I don't see us having the cap space to fill all our needs through FA.

Smith number is 17M, so we have 31M available. (Washington Redskins 2018 Salary Cap Table | Spotrac - overthecap says 48M without Smith contract so it matches)

It appears we're going to try to sign a WR, which I like, so that's at the very least 7M (apparently the number Richardson wants to get), that leaves us, at best, with 24M, enough to sign Brown and/or Breeland and/or Dontari Poe + a few cheaper signings/re-signings.
But not all three of them.

So, come draft day, we're left with at least one gaping hole in our defense.

I'd address that first, you can hope to get a good RB in the second round.
13 to 22 would be a 2nd I'd think.

For reference: NFL Draft Value Chart: WalterFootball.com

Edit: I see this has already been covered, but the draft chart is fun.
__________________
--Hail to the Redskins

--On Wisconsin
simbosargos75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:51 AM   #36
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Posts: 13,305
Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Blount and Ajayi are both legit backs and far and away better than Kelley and Perine, come on now
How dare you come on here and use logic like this?? You can't go around making sense Matty, that is how people get hurt.
__________________
https://open.spotify.com/artist/2DfaB5lr7hZsqiI4W15Lge

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:52 AM   #37
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Posts: 13,305
Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
AlfMo- 6th round
Thompson - 4th round

Matt Jones - 3rd

Not that AlfMo was a dominant RB, but he was a good one, better than Matt Jones and picked 3 rounds later. Thompson too was a later pick and is an important piece to the offense. Again, better value than Jones.

So, Matt Jones wasn't a first or second round pick and I think that's your point, and I tend to agree that this year's 2nd pick should probably be RB, but I'm just pointing out that if it's not as elite RB I wouldn't ever take them in the first. I'd even give pause to drafting Barkley at 13 depending on ago eke is on the board and who's willing to trade.

Marshawn Lynch is the only elite RB that has won a Superbowl in 15 years and he had some help at QB. It's a passing league, RBs don't last long and just can't impact a team as much as they used to. It's to me a luxury pick to get that elite RB that you make after you're solid across the board.

But yeah, I'd like to get a better back in the 2nd this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Morris was good as long as RG3 was a threat back there, how many 100 yard games did he have without RG3???
__________________
https://open.spotify.com/artist/2DfaB5lr7hZsqiI4W15Lge

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:55 AM   #38
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,301
Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

Like I said I would look at Demarco for a cheap deal, and then draft a guy in the 3rd or so. If not then I want Guice in the 1st but after a trade down situation.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:56 AM   #39
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,301
Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Morris was good as long as RG3 was a threat back there, how many 100 yard games did he have without RG3???
Morris for some reason is a legend to many skins fans, I liked the guy but he was a product of a great scheme his rookie yr.. After that he never lived up to those numbers again.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:11 AM   #40
GridIron26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,784
Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Like I said I would look at Demarco for a cheap deal, and then draft a guy in the 3rd or so. If not then I want Guice in the 1st but after a trade down situation.
You think we should give up on Perine? Signing Murray and draft a RB will only push Perine to #4 RB.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:24 AM   #41
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,301
Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
You think we should give up on Perine? Signing Murray and draft a RB will only push Perine to #4 RB.
Perine is a solid number 2, Kelley is the odd man out here IMO and CT is coming off an ACL, U never know how that will play out. We need RB's to compete, sign Demarco to a 1 year prove it deal. He's 30 so he won't get much $. I'd rather have Guice, Perine and CT but it's hard to justify taking a RB at 13.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:29 AM   #42
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Posts: 13,305
Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Perine is a solid number 2, Kelley is the odd man out here IMO and CT is coming off an ACL, U never know how that will play out. We need RB's to compete, sign Demarco to a 1 year prove it deal. He's 30 so he won't get much $. I'd rather have Guice, Perine and CT but it's hard to justify taking a RB at 13.
If that is what you want, it isn't hard to justify that
__________________
https://open.spotify.com/artist/2DfaB5lr7hZsqiI4W15Lge

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:53 AM   #43
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,301
Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
If that is what you want, it isn't hard to justify that
Lets wait and see what we do in FA , But if we don't address G,WR,LB then I would say draft one of those before a RB.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #44
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,421
Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

You "can't" take a G at # 5 either and I think that's worked out more than fine for us. Gonna be a 10 year starter.

I don't buy that there is a "can't" draft somewhere position, if filling that position will impact the team in a positive way. Get us a stud RB wherever you can find him.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:37 AM   #45
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,483
Re: 'No doubt about it,' Redskins need to upgrade at running back

What about CJ Anderson when the Broncos cut him

Just looking at rumors and names.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.12834 seconds with 10 queries