Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-20-2018, 03:59 PM   #46
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Re: Proof This Team is Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
What if all you knew was misery?

What if your best memory of an entire Redskins season was them going 10-6 (only due to a 5-0 run at the end of the year?).

What if all the times you had witnessed the Redskins make the playoffs in the last 15 years they had to scrape in by the skin of their teeth only to get bounced in the first or second round (in 2005)?

What if you had never really witnessed a true "build a team through the draft like all other yearly contenders in the NFL" and the one time you did, they fired one of the main architects and made up a lie to use as reasoning?

What if every time the team managed to get your hopes up, they found new ways to comically crush your dreams?

For years I didn't mind, dc sports misery was all I knew. But now I've gotten a taste of the good life, I've had the experience of seeing one of my teams compete at the highest levels and walk away champions. I want more for this team. If the Eagles can go from laughingstocks under Chip Kelly to SB champs in a few years why not us?

Exactly. I started following football the year after Gibbs retired. That was 25 years ago. What have fans like me witnessed since then? Let that sink in....it’s bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-20-2018, 04:06 PM   #47
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Things are pretty bad. How many playoff appearances since 93? How many playoff wins since 93? What’s our record since 93? How many embarrassing blunders has this team went through since 93? Compare us to the Browns over that tenure. You get my point.

Point made

Since 1993 The skins have had 8 winning seasons, 5 playoff appearances, and 3 divisional titles.

The Browns have had 3 winning seasons, 2 playoff appearances and 1 divisional title.

We are much more similar to the Bears
8 winning seasons, 4 playoff appearances and 4 divisional titles (they did go to the Super Bowl with sexy Rexy)
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:18 PM   #48
MTK
\m/

First place with a HUGE division game coming up and people are crying about the past like we're 0-10 right now, talking about curses, etc. Get a grip folks.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:18 PM   #49
skinsfan69
Living Legend

How is a team cursed? Does someone wave a majic wan and put a cloud over the team? Is it the Indians doing it because they don't like the team name? Is it George Preston Marshall because the Redskins now have a lot of black players? Is Jack Kent Cooke doing this from his grave because he doesn't like Dan Snyder? GTFO w/ this cursed BS.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:11 PM   #50
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Since 1993 The skins have had 8 winning seasons, 5 playoff appearances, and 3 divisional titles.

The Browns have had 3 winning seasons, 2 playoff appearances and 1 divisional title.

We are much more similar to the Bears

8 winning seasons, 4 playoff appearances and 4 divisional titles (they did go to the Super Bowl with sexy Rexy)

Yay we aren’t as cursed as the Browns. Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:11 PM   #51
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
How is a team cursed? Does someone wave a majic wan and put a butt over the team? Is it the Indians doing it because they don't like the team name? Is it George Preston Marshall because the Redskins now have a lot of black players? Is Jack Kent Cooke doing this from his grave because he doesn't like Dan Snyder? GTFO w/ this cursed BS.
I can't tell if this is directed towards me or not but to be clear, I don't think we're cursed. I think we're the equivalent of Plaxico Burress with a gun in his waist (just can't help but to shoot ourselves).

Also Matty I can't tell if your post is directed towards me or not, but if it is, stamp my name on it.

For the record, this might be a huge division game and all but we're literally trotting out a 3/4 backup offense for it, against a team whose strength is their D. Are we supposed to have blind faith right now? Because I ain't feeling it. And I say this knowing McCoy is 1/1 going into Dallas as a backup and leading us out with a win.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:41 PM   #52
MTK
\m/

My post was at this whole thread and the idea of a curse
Old 11-20-2018, 08:52 PM   #53
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

We are far from cursed. Are we historically a mismanaged, misguided, and straight up bad team by most standards? Sure. Fine, we get it. We get injuries a ton too. Gotcha.

Whatever.

We have an entire off season to bitch and moan about historical context, curses, and bad decisions.

I'm actually surprised that there ton isn't excitement going into a Thanksgiving Dallas game. Did anyone else see Colt McCoy sling the rock around last week? It was new, it was different, it was fucking fun to watch.

All you people (including myself) that were bitching and moaning about the boring Alex Smith conservative play-style... you have absolutely got to be excited about Sunday. Cowboys - Redskins on Thanksgiving to pull away in the division. I'm all in on Colt baby, and you should be too.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:40 PM   #54
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie

Quote:
But not to the same team, same position, same day, same score, same injury, same bones, same place on the field. Too many coincidences.

Wait a second? You are serious with the curse-BS?
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:02 AM   #55
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
We are cursed I can't think of anything else to explain all of the injuries over the years

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The injuries aren't a sign of a curse just a bad strength and conditioning staff. Look at Brian Orakpo who was oft injured and only played one full season here. Since he left for Tenn he hasn't missed a single game.

And not having depth to step in for injured players is a sign of poor managment and second rate player acquisition. Thats a big reason Smith got hurt because Wash had to resort to nabbing players of off the streets instead of having quality back ups to come in for their starting linemen.
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:50 AM   #56
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Hammer View Post
The injuries aren't a sign of a curse just a bad strength and conditioning staff. Look at Brian Orakpo who was oft injured and only played one full season here. Since he left for Tenn he hasn't missed a single game.

And not having depth to step in for injured players is a sign of poor managment and second rate player acquisition. Thats a big reason Smith got hurt because Wash had to resort to nabbing players of off the streets instead of having quality back ups to come in for their starting linemen.

We’re cursed with the never ending turnstile of bad management, and poor organizational leaders. No real GMs, Cerrato, Allen, Snyder, Spurrier, Zorn, the list goes on and on.

Yet we let the likes of McVay, Norv, Gregg WIlliams, Shannahan walk.

We finally had a competent GM in place named Scot M and that was handled like another blunder.

Redskins leadership is really good at creating blunders and messes and dysfunction.

5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:56 AM   #57
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
We’re cursed with the never ending turnstile of bad management, and poor organizational leaders. No real GMs, Cerrato, Allen, Snyder, Spurrier, Zorn, the list goes on and on.

Yet we let the likes of McVay, Norv, Gregg WIlliams, Shannahan walk.

We finally had a competent GM in place named Scot M and that was handled like another blunder.

Redskins leadership is really good at creating blunders and messes and dysfunction.

You know, I once was a Scot M defender, but as his draft picks and FA hauls come due...really not that great.

Also, I heard on one of his last trips to I believe it was the North vs South after season College player exhibition game he was drunk as a skunk. Like could not be hidden...embarrassing
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #58
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Hammer View Post

Not quite true, in 6 seasons with the Redskins he played a full 16 games twice, and played 15 out of 16 in two other seasons. He missed significant time in 2012 and 2014.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:24 AM   #59
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
You know, I once was a Scot M defender, but as his draft picks and FA hauls come due...really not that great.

Also, I heard on one of his last trips to I believe it was the North vs South after season College player exhibition game he was drunk as a skunk. Like could not be hidden...embarrassing
He drank himself out of the job, let's put this issue to bed finally. He lost his grievance against the team, it was found he was fired with cause.

The fact that people find it so outlandish that a self professed alcoholic who lost other jobs due to drinking was fired yet again due to drinking is fucking hilarious. And yes the team handled it about as poorly as can be. Doesn't change the fact SM is a drunk. Good dude by all accounts, but a drunk nonetheless.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:19 AM   #60
Meks
Pro Bowl

Bump.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote