Re: Brian LaFemina Out Less Than 1 Year In

I’m thinking this was a ploy to cover up the Swearinger news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 12-27-2018, 09:17 AM   #47
rocnrik
Playmaker

I’ve tried to look at this from a glass half full or half empty point of view and stay somewhat positive... but the UGLY TRUTH is simply this ...unless Snyder sells this team all this drama and the fan hatred and finger pointing will continue... yea the team may seem like it’s going in right direction at times but in the long run Snyder is the problem and he’s the owner .. so what’s a guy to do...
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:43 AM   #48
MTK
\m/

As I said before as fans all we can do is accept the fact the best we can hope for is 7-9 wins a year, and once in a while we might get lucky with 10 wins, sneak into the playoffs and lose in the first round.

There's absolutely no reason to expect more.

And off the field it's nothing but questionable moves, and sometimes downright embarrassing ones (Foster, Haynesworth, etc).

We can't attract top flight free agents anymore because we don't pay out crazy contracts anymore, so we end up with headcases like Swearinger or oft injured guys like Richardson.

This is our life Redskins fans.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:56 AM   #49
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinJake View Post
Fuck off... I've been driving 4 hours to games for over 20 years.. fuck. off.
Aww your so special! Go root for our opponents somewhere else you turncoat.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:41 AM   #50
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Listening to 106.7, according to them part of this was over the Foster signing. The business guys felt it was a terrible idea if you're trying to improve a relationship w/ a broken fanbase. Obviously Allen felt differently, the COO was going to quit and was fired before he could quit.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:50 AM   #51
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinJake View Post
Fuck off... I've been driving 4 hours to games for over 20 years.. fuck. off.
There is no way I could ever think about rooting for the Eagles. Just the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach. You're a fake ass fan.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:55 AM   #52
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Could any of this have to do with a potential stadium agreement? LaFemina helped with the new Rams stadium development. Could there have been problems on that front?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #53
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Could any of this have to do with a potential stadium agreement? LaFemina helped with the new Rams stadium development. Could there have been problems on that front?
https://deadspin.com/the-biggest-bac...der-1831256121

There are problems but Bruce the Politician is handling it.
LaFemina was responsible for the team image which indirectly can be related to the stadium deal since they need some public support to get land in DC.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:02 PM   #54
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I guess as long as Dan gets his moat all is good.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:59 PM   #55
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Listening to the Kevin Sheehan show with Thom Loverro and Thom has added some insights:

- Thoms sources said that Allen and Jay are both very worried about their jobs. They don’t know if they’re getting fired or not
- The Swearinger release was described by a source as a “Hail Mary” attempt to keep their jobs.

To me, this is good news. Hoping to see them both gone after the season.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:30 PM   #56
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Brian LaFemina Out Less Than 1 Year In

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Listening to the Kevin Sheehan show with Thom Loverro and Thom has added some insights:

- Thoms sources said that Allen and Jay are both very worried about their jobs. They don’t know if they’re getting fired or not
- The Swearinger release was described by a source as a “Hail Mary” attempt to keep their jobs.

Hearing that is what upsets me, and what I’ve been saying. Don’t gut the talent we have while you’re on your way out the door. You’ve screwed your chances with this team.

Let the next staff and FO decide his fate.

5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:35 PM   #57
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post

I would love this to be true but wouldn't the owner have some say on the firing of the COO?

Dan's only focus is getting the new stadium. He isn't going to start another rebuild while asking for public support to get land in DC.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:02 PM   #58
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I would love this to be true but wouldn't the owner have some say on the firing of the COO?

Dan's only focus is getting the new stadium. He isn't going to start another rebuild while asking for public support to get land in DC.

This has nothing to do with Lafemina’s termination. Lafemina reported to Snyder. Snyder fired him. And while, as fans, we lump everything together as it all represents dysfunction of Snyder’s ownership, lafemina was on the operations side. His firing has nothing to do with what Snyder does on the football side.

Lafemina was fired because he and his guys were getting ready to clean house and get rid of a bunch of long time lower level redskins employees who were “Snyder guys.” Snyder was not pleased with a lot of what Lafemina was doing, and he probably would not have lasted much longer here, but his firing yesterday was a “preemptive strike” from Snyder to keep
Lafemina from firing those guys.

While this reeks of dysfunction, it was on the operations side of things. It may impact the stadium plan, ticketing, concessions, etc, but it has nothing to do with the football side. It is completely independent of Bruce and jays job security.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:08 PM   #59
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Hearing that is what upsets me, and what I’ve been saying. Don’t gut the talent we have while you’re on your way out the door. You’ve screwed your chances with this team.

Let the next staff and FO decide his fate.

You’re talking about Swearinger as if he was anything special. He was just “a guy” and not someone big name player that jay and Bruce would have had to consult Snyder on before making a move.

Aside from that, it was the RIGHT move. Swearinger was told multiple times to keep his shit in house and he didn’t. He had to go. You don’t want guys like that on your team, even if what they’re saying is true.

There’s a reason Swearinger is on his 5th team in 6 years. There’s a reason only 3 teams made claims on him and they all have losing records. There’s a reason no playoff contending teams tried to grab him to help them in their championship run. He’s simply not talented enough of a player to be worth the distractions and baggage that he brings. Even Jonathan Allen told Jay that Swearinger needed to go. Dude was a locker room cancer. Good riddance.

Old 12-27-2018, 03:08 PM   #60
MTK
\m/

DJ would have only been a problem for the next staff to deal with. The guy can’t stick with a team for a reason.