Never had any doubt, IDK why folks were all freaking out lol

Advertisements
Old 06-30-2022, 11:33 AM   #32
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Re: McLaurin is signing a 3-year extension worth up to $71 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Can't wait to see what this WR group can do this year.
My thoughts exactly. Dotson and a healthy Samuel are just what we needed. Weapons and speed everywhere. Think Cam Sims could prosper also. Wentz has the arm to make any throw. Dramatic improvement on arm strength at the qb position going into 2022. Cannot wait.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:06 PM   #33
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'm a little concerned about how slow Ron and Jack are to react to challenges. Last year it took them way too long to realize they needed to force Landon Collins down into the box. By the time they finally made the change our secondary had already been torched game after game.

I'm concerned they're taking the same approach with assessing their LB depth and with assessing the capabilities of the '11th defender'. I'd be very hesitant to count on Percy Butler or Ben St. Juste as the 11th man. They're promising sure. But I wouldn't go forward without a contingency plan. It doesn't make sense to go into training camp without enough depth there to consider yourself covered in the event we need it.
Spot on. Makes me wonder what would have happened if Bostic didn't get injured , which was at least in part what forced the move of Collins.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 02:45 PM   #34
That Guy
Living Legend

Good sign this got done. Team got a bit of a deal (though doing this last year could have been much cheaper). Can't say he's not worth it. I wouldn't care if this was 100% guaranteed.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 09:29 PM   #35
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'm a little concerned about how slow Ron and Jack are to react to challenges. Last year it took them way too long to realize they needed to force Landon Collins down into the box. By the time they finally made the change our secondary had already been torched game after game.

I'm concerned they're taking the same approach with assessing their LB depth and with assessing the capabilities of the '11th defender'. I'd be very hesitant to count on Percy Butler or Ben St. Juste as the 11th man. They're promising sure. But I wouldn't go forward without a contingency plan. It doesn't make sense to go into training camp without enough depth there to consider yourself covered in the event we need it.
Agreed. And again, the fact that we can't even line up a proper 4-3 as of now makes me say that, even without any injury, we're already in "we need it" mode. An injury to Holcomb or Davis and we can't even line a decent Nickel formation...
Old 07-04-2022, 08:12 AM   #36
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Agreed. And again, the fact that we can't even line up a proper 4-3 as of now makes me say that, even without any injury, we're already in "we need it" mode. An injury to Holcomb or Davis and we can't even line a decent Nickel formation...
It would be nice to know their plan for sure as we near camp. Hopefully we're in for good surprise but you have to start wondering at this point.
Old 07-04-2022, 09:08 AM   #37
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
It would be nice to know their plan for sure as we near camp. Hopefully we're in for good surprise but you have to start wondering at this point.
Yeah I would loved to be proved wrong at the last minute but I've been saying since before the draft we needed to bring in (at least) a proven vet, and everybody was, rightfully so, pointing out it would be cheaper to do so after the draft and would avoid losing the compensatory 3rd round for Scherff... So I waited till after the draft to freak out again. Then it was "still early" and waiting would allow us to get somebody on the cheap... To be fair there are still plenty of very decent guys available and it could be a non issue come TC (to some extent, even with an extra LB, we still have zero depth at the position).
But I'm beginning to have a weird feeling about this... 2 years ago they let KPL walk and thought Bostic, a rookie and Holcomb was good enough... Are they about to think Davis Holcomb and Mayo is a viable starting line up... ? I sense there might be some ex NFL LBs' "we can coach anybody up" ego involved...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2022, 12:48 PM   #38
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Yeah I would loved to be proved wrong at the last minute but I've been saying since before the draft we needed to bring in (at least) a proven vet, and everybody was, rightfully so, pointing out it would be cheaper to do so after the draft and would avoid losing the compensatory 3rd round for Scherff... So I waited till after the draft to freak out again. Then it was "still early" and waiting would allow us to get somebody on the cheap... To be fair there are still plenty of very decent guys available and it could be a non issue come TC (to some extent, even with an extra LB, we still have zero depth at the position).
But I'm beginning to have a weird feeling about this... 2 years ago they let KPL walk and thought Bostic, a rookie and Holcomb was good enough... Are they about to think Davis Holcomb and Mayo is a viable starting line up... ? I sense there might be some ex NFL LBs' "we can coach anybody up" ego involved...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Banking on Davis to work out at olb and Holcomb at mlb is rolling the dice. I'd bet on Holcomb more really but hope Davis works out. Mayo is usually considered a run stopping lb. Not great against the pass. Hudson maybe? Of all units, this is the one that should be continually great with Rivera/Del Rio running the show. Hasn't been so far.

Last edited by WCommandersfan99; 07-04-2022 at 08:12 PM.