Race for the NFC East

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-14-2020, 04:43 PM   #31
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Race for the NFC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
I have to admit, Haskins did look pretty good in the first drive of the second half. We drove down the field before stalling inside the 10 yard line, settling for a field goal.
His first couple throws were good, accurate and he got the ball out quick. But he couldn't keep it up. I mean by the end Ron tried to kneel out the clock even though the numbers didn't add up, he didn't even trust Haskins enough to attempt to get a first down.

Advertisements
Old 12-14-2020, 04:47 PM   #32
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
I have to admit, Haskins did look pretty good in the first drive of the second half. We drove down the field before stalling inside the 10 yard line, settling for a field goal.

If I remember correctly most of that drive was on the ground, and he had two good intermediate passes. He has set the bar so low for himself that 30 or so yards passing during one drive is noteworthy. Lol. He stinks. It’s unfortunate.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 09:39 PM   #33
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Best win II: Washington Football Team 23, 49ers 15. The NFC team with the longest current winning streak? That’s the Washington Football Team, which after going to Glendale, Ariz., to play the 49ers, extended its streak to four games and took over first place in the NFC East. Sunday’s win was especially impressive after starting quarterback Alex Smith was sidelined shortly before halftime with a sore calf. But what we’re learning about Washington is that while Smith has been a steadying offensive presence, if Washington is going to win this division it’s going to be because of a legitimately good defense. Chase Young had likely already done enough to wrap up the defensive rookie of the year award; his performance on Sunday, with a 47-yard fumble return touchdown, along with a forced fumble, a sack, two quarterback hits and two pass breakups should have us talking about Young not just among the best rookies, but among the best defensive players, period. We can’t rule the Eagles out of the NFC East race after they’ve shown life over the past game and a half — and they have the benefit of the Week 3 tie should Washington fall back — but right now Washington doesn’t just look like the best team in the worst division, but a team that no one in the NFC should want to play.

The Athletic
Old 12-14-2020, 09:45 PM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

3rd worst Offense in the league, that makes it very hard to keep a long streak alive.

4th best Defense however
Old 12-14-2020, 10:25 PM   #35
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
3rd worst Offense in the league, that makes it very hard to keep a long streak alive.

4th best Defense however
Tell me something, did Smith's play help in Cincy, Dallas, Pitt? Was Gibson on the field then? yes. Did that help? Yes. Smith does enough to get the offense moving, he was hurt yesterday and was horrible. I believe with this defense that this team can keep winning even without Gibson like the Pittsburgh game in the short term. We will get Gibson back sooner than later, all we need to win is 2 games. Giants don't have Daniel Jones and eventhough they beat Seattle it won't happen again.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:08 AM   #36
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Best win II: Washington Football Team 23, 49ers 15. The NFC team with the longest current winning streak? That’s the Washington Football Team, which after going to Glendale, Ariz., to play the 49ers, extended its streak to four games and took over first place in the NFC East. Sunday’s win was especially impressive after starting quarterback Alex Smith was sidelined shortly before halftime with a sore calf. But what we’re learning about Washington is that while Smith has been a steadying offensive presence, if Washington is going to win this division it’s going to be because of a legitimately good defense. Chase Young had likely already done enough to wrap up the defensive rookie of the year award; his performance on Sunday, with a 47-yard fumble return touchdown, along with a forced fumble, a sack, two quarterback hits and two pass breakups should have us talking about Young not just among the best rookies, but among the best defensive players, period. We can’t rule the Eagles out of the NFC East race after they’ve shown life over the past game and a half — and they have the benefit of the Week 3 tie should Washington fall back — but right now Washington doesn’t just look like the best team in the worst division, but a team that no one in the NFC should want to play.

The Athletic
Boner alert 1 and Boner alert 2.

Alert 1. Glad we can all put to bed the notion that getting the best player in the draft at No. 2 was somehow a bad idea.

Alert 2. Awesome to read. We beat Seattle, I'll sniff the koolaid up my nose.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 06:18 AM   #37
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Tell me something, did Smith's play help in Cincy, Dallas, Pitt? Was Gibson on the field then? yes. Did that help? Yes. Smith does enough to get the offense moving, he was hurt yesterday and was horrible. I believe with this defense that this team can keep winning even without Gibson like the Pittsburgh game in the short term. We will get Gibson back sooner than later, all we need to win is 2 games. Giants don't have Daniel Jones and eventhough they beat Seattle it won't happen again.

Daniel Jones played last week.

After seeing that game last night the Giants are losing to both Cleveland and Baltimore. They can still beat Dallas. Which means we can go 1-2. As long as we beat Philly we win the division. Dallas could win out and it wouldn’t matter.
The way things look now we can lose the next two, then beat Philly and the division is ours.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:20 AM   #38
rocnrik
Playmaker

With Haskins at Qb we don’t win another game ...
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:25 AM   #39
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Daniel Jones played last week.

After seeing that game last night the Giants are losing to both Cleveland and Baltimore. They can still beat Dallas. Which means we can go 1-2. As long as we beat Philly we win the division. Dallas could win out and it wouldn’t matter.
The way things look now we can lose the next two, then beat Philly and the division is ours.
Jones will be fine but he shouldn't have played hurt last week. In that aspect they miss Eli. I'm excited about our Defense playing well but we still need some play makers at WR and TE the O line has improved but not by much, they still need work.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:44 AM   #40
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Definitely not over, probably gonna come down to week 17 if I had to guess. Eagles have renewed life with Hurts at qb and the advantage of his opponents having no game tape on him yet. Giants seem to be fading, Cowboys shouldn't even be mentioned in this post of division title contenders, but really I think we're probably looking at it coming down to week 17, us vs. Eagles. I'm just glad we get the Eagles in week 17 so we will have a few weeks of tape on Hurts to study.
Fuck Hurts. He played one good game and we have seen that before.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 09:26 AM   #41
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Jones will be fine but he shouldn't have played hurt last week. In that aspect they miss Eli. I'm excited about our Defense playing well but we still need some play makers at WR and TE the O line has improved but not by much, they still need work.

Jones problem is turn overs not injuries.
Old 12-15-2020, 09:28 AM   #42
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Race for the NFC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post

Well fortunately the Eagles game is three weeks from now. So hopefully Alex is back. Because honestly imo we only need to win that game.
No way Giants beat either team i saw last night and we can take care of the Eagles. If we do it don’t matter if Dallas wins out because we beat them twice. I feel much better after seeing that game last night.
Old 12-16-2020, 12:19 AM   #43
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I don’t believe that, we won Sunday with Haskins at quarterback and he played better than Smith did, having said that I don’t believe we could beat Seattle with the healthy Smith or Haskins.
One thing I have not seen anybody mention either on here or on the media is whether Smith’s injury in 49er’s Game is related to getting cleated in the Pittsburgh game with the bleeding?
Old 12-16-2020, 01:09 AM   #44
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I don’t believe that, we won Sunday with Haskins at quarterback and he played better than Smith did, having said that I don’t believe we could beat Seattle with the healthy Smith or Haskins.
One thing I have not seen anybody mention either on here or on the media is whether Smith’s injury in 49er’s Game is related to getting cleated in the Pittsburgh game with the bleeding?
Wrong leg, maybe fatigue from having had his leg rebuilt and playing a high level intensity game week to week. We don’t how his leg would respond long term after 17 surgeries.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 06:14 AM   #45
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Wrong leg, maybe fatigue from having had his leg rebuilt and playing a high level intensity game week to week. We don’t how his leg would respond long term after 17 surgeries.
It’s not unbelievable to me because it’s the Redskins and the media usually ignores them,but we did just vault into 1st place and I’ve heard no updates on Smith, why he even left the game,who’s starting Sunday etc.