Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Race for the NFC East

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2020, 05:43 PM   #31
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,587
Re: Race for the NFC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
I have to admit, Haskins did look pretty good in the first drive of the second half. We drove down the field before stalling inside the 10 yard line, settling for a field goal.
His first couple throws were good, accurate and he got the ball out quick. But he couldn't keep it up. I mean by the end Ron tried to kneel out the clock even though the numbers didn't add up, he didn't even trust Haskins enough to attempt to get a first down.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-14-2020, 05:47 PM   #32
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 15,793
Re: Race for the NFC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
I have to admit, Haskins did look pretty good in the first drive of the second half. We drove down the field before stalling inside the 10 yard line, settling for a field goal.


If I remember correctly most of that drive was on the ground, and he had two good intermediate passes. He has set the bar so low for himself that 30 or so yards passing during one drive is noteworthy. Lol. He stinks. Itís unfortunate.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:39 PM   #33
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 30,016
Re: Race for the NFC East

Best win II: Washington Football Team 23, 49ers 15. The NFC team with the longest current winning streak? Thatís the Washington Football Team, which after going to Glendale, Ariz., to play the 49ers, extended its streak to four games and took over first place in the NFC East. Sundayís win was especially impressive after starting quarterback Alex Smith was sidelined shortly before halftime with a sore calf. But what weíre learning about Washington is that while Smith has been a steadying offensive presence, if Washington is going to win this division itís going to be because of a legitimately good defense. Chase Young had likely already done enough to wrap up the defensive rookie of the year award; his performance on Sunday, with a 47-yard fumble return touchdown, along with a forced fumble, a sack, two quarterback hits and two pass breakups should have us talking about Young not just among the best rookies, but among the best defensive players, period. We canít rule the Eagles out of the NFC East race after theyíve shown life over the past game and a half ó and they have the benefit of the Week 3 tie should Washington fall back ó but right now Washington doesnít just look like the best team in the worst division, but a team that no one in the NFC should want to play.

The Athletic
__________________
ďMediocre people donít like high achievers, and high achievers donít like mediocre people.Ē
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:45 PM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 30,016
Re: Race for the NFC East

3rd worst Offense in the league, that makes it very hard to keep a long streak alive.

4th best Defense however
__________________
ďMediocre people donít like high achievers, and high achievers donít like mediocre people.Ē
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:25 PM   #35
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,785
Re: Race for the NFC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
3rd worst Offense in the league, that makes it very hard to keep a long streak alive.

4th best Defense however
Tell me something, did Smith's play help in Cincy, Dallas, Pitt? Was Gibson on the field then? yes. Did that help? Yes. Smith does enough to get the offense moving, he was hurt yesterday and was horrible. I believe with this defense that this team can keep winning even without Gibson like the Pittsburgh game in the short term. We will get Gibson back sooner than later, all we need to win is 2 games. Giants don't have Daniel Jones and eventhough they beat Seattle it won't happen again.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 05:08 AM   #36
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,328
Re: Race for the NFC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Best win II: Washington Football Team 23, 49ers 15. The NFC team with the longest current winning streak? Thatís the Washington Football Team, which after going to Glendale, Ariz., to play the 49ers, extended its streak to four games and took over first place in the NFC East. Sundayís win was especially impressive after starting quarterback Alex Smith was sidelined shortly before halftime with a sore calf. But what weíre learning about Washington is that while Smith has been a steadying offensive presence, if Washington is going to win this division itís going to be because of a legitimately good defense. Chase Young had likely already done enough to wrap up the defensive rookie of the year award; his performance on Sunday, with a 47-yard fumble return touchdown, along with a forced fumble, a sack, two quarterback hits and two pass breakups should have us talking about Young not just among the best rookies, but among the best defensive players, period. We canít rule the Eagles out of the NFC East race after theyíve shown life over the past game and a half ó and they have the benefit of the Week 3 tie should Washington fall back ó but right now Washington doesnít just look like the best team in the worst division, but a team that no one in the NFC should want to play.

The Athletic
Boner alert 1 and Boner alert 2.

Alert 1. Glad we can all put to bed the notion that getting the best player in the draft at No. 2 was somehow a bad idea.

Alert 2. Awesome to read. We beat Seattle, I'll sniff the koolaid up my nose.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 07:18 AM   #37
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 15,793
Re: Race for the NFC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Tell me something, did Smith's play help in Cincy, Dallas, Pitt? Was Gibson on the field then? yes. Did that help? Yes. Smith does enough to get the offense moving, he was hurt yesterday and was horrible. I believe with this defense that this team can keep winning even without Gibson like the Pittsburgh game in the short term. We will get Gibson back sooner than later, all we need to win is 2 games. Giants don't have Daniel Jones and eventhough they beat Seattle it won't happen again.


Daniel Jones played last week.

After seeing that game last night the Giants are losing to both Cleveland and Baltimore. They can still beat Dallas. Which means we can go 1-2. As long as we beat Philly we win the division. Dallas could win out and it wouldnít matter.
The way things look now we can lose the next two, then beat Philly and the division is ours.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 09:20 AM   #38
rocnrik
The Starter
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,223
Re: Race for the NFC East

With Haskins at Qb we donít win another game ...
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 09:25 AM   #39
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,907
Re: Race for the NFC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Daniel Jones played last week.

After seeing that game last night the Giants are losing to both Cleveland and Baltimore. They can still beat Dallas. Which means we can go 1-2. As long as we beat Philly we win the division. Dallas could win out and it wouldnít matter.
The way things look now we can lose the next two, then beat Philly and the division is ours.
Jones will be fine but he shouldn't have played hurt last week. In that aspect they miss Eli. I'm excited about our Defense playing well but we still need some play makers at WR and TE the O line has improved but not by much, they still need work.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:26 AM   #40
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 15,793
Re: Race for the NFC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Jones will be fine but he shouldn't have played hurt last week. In that aspect they miss Eli. I'm excited about our Defense playing well but we still need some play makers at WR and TE the O line has improved but not by much, they still need work.


Jones problem is turn overs not injuries.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:28 AM   #41
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 15,793
Race for the NFC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
With Haskins at Qb we donít win another game ...


Well fortunately the Eagles game is three weeks from now. So hopefully Alex is back. Because honestly imo we only need to win that game.
No way Giants beat either team i saw last night and we can take care of the Eagles. If we do it donít matter if Dallas wins out because we beat them twice. I feel much better after seeing that game last night.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:19 AM   #42
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 4,570
Re: Race for the NFC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
With Haskins at Qb we donít win another game ...
I donít believe that, we won Sunday with Haskins at quarterback and he played better than Smith did, having said that I donít believe we could beat Seattle with the healthy Smith or Haskins.
One thing I have not seen anybody mention either on here or on the media is whether Smithís injury in 49erís Game is related to getting cleated in the Pittsburgh game with the bleeding?
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 02:09 AM   #43
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,785
Re: Race for the NFC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I donít believe that, we won Sunday with Haskins at quarterback and he played better than Smith did, having said that I donít believe we could beat Seattle with the healthy Smith or Haskins.
One thing I have not seen anybody mention either on here or on the media is whether Smithís injury in 49erís Game is related to getting cleated in the Pittsburgh game with the bleeding?
Wrong leg, maybe fatigue from having had his leg rebuilt and playing a high level intensity game week to week. We donít how his leg would respond long term after 17 surgeries.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:14 AM   #44
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 4,570
Re: Race for the NFC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Wrong leg, maybe fatigue from having had his leg rebuilt and playing a high level intensity game week to week. We donít how his leg would respond long term after 17 surgeries.
Itís not unbelievable to me because itís the Redskins and the media usually ignores them,but we did just vault into 1st place and Iíve heard no updates on Smith, why he even left the game,whoís starting Sunday etc.
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 08:47 AM   #45
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Posts: 4,570
Re: Race for the NFC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Itís not unbelievable to me because itís the Redskins and the media usually ignores them,but we did just vault into 1st place and Iíve heard no updates on Smith, why he even left the game,whoís starting Sunday etc.
Well I found update on Smith that xray was negative,just calf soreness,might play Sunday.Part of me wants him to play, the other part wants to see what Haskins can do.
__________________
Make The Redskins Great Again
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.35830 seconds with 10 queries