Panthers Postgame sadness

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-27-2020, 11:46 PM   #61
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Panthers Postgame sadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
"Zero chance Dwayne Haskins is the quarterback of the Washington Football Team next year," Esiason said on the CBS halftime show Sunday. "No way. I think Ron Rivera, Doug Williams, everyone down there is trying to give him every opportunity to become the leader. He just doesn't seem to love the game of football, because that's ultimately what it takes."

Boomer Esiason
Heard that too. Love for the game - a key ingredient to any NFL qb's success.

Advertisements
Old 12-27-2020, 11:48 PM   #62
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
No debate. It was confirmed. The ball was not in his hands when he started his throwing motion. He gets the L for looking terrible the whole time he was in there. If Tress Way started at QB, WFT are the division Champs right now.
Eh, I ain't gonna argue. I'm biased. I was more pissed about the fumble recovery that got blown dead than this.
Old 12-27-2020, 11:51 PM   #63
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Eh, I ain't gonna argue. I'm biased. I was more pissed about the fumble recovery that got blown dead than this.
Yeah, that was BS.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:58 PM   #64
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

The way he's playing Dwayne better start saving those millions.

My biggest takeaway from this video is he never worked a real job before the NFL. It makes me wonder if there's any correlation between young qb's who have never worked a real job and NFL success.
70K on jewelry. Lol, yeah, he'll be a broke ass in no time at all.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:32 AM   #65
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Hard to argue this.

And it’s hilarious. Pederson right now. That made me laugh out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2020, 12:40 AM   #66
Warthog
The Starter

1. Dwayne Haskins is done with this team. The WFT will NOT get ANYTHING for Haskins. He will be put up for trade but no one will offer anything for him. Someone may pick up Dwayne FOR FREE, but I give it just as likely a possibility that NO ONE in the NFL will even offer him a job.

I don’t think Haskins realizes how huge a crater he has dug for himself. His horrible play, incredibly stupid off-the-field decisions and immaturity may mean his NFL career is over. This may sound drastic, but the NFL is giving players less and less time to show their abilities. After 2 years in the NFL, teams may want to save their spots for players with more DESIRE, MATURITY and ability.

2. Steve Sims JR is another player whose continued poor performance will get him released by the WFT. As with the QB position, the team will draft WR in 2021 or make trades for good or very good FA in WR for next year. The team doesn’t need to bring back a player who drops this many passes or makes costly fumbles. His punt returning skills are very below average and this is his second fumble on ST. His hands are made of stone. If Rivera/Kyle Smith had made any real effort this pre-season to get some FA at WR, STEVE Sims wouldn’t be on this team now. The WFT can’t afford to keep playing below average guys who are also turnover machines. Not with this lackluster offense.

3. Reavers had a terrible game, missing tackles and getting burned for a long pass.

4. I can’t understand why Turner gave up so easily on the running game. The team was averaging over 5 yds a run in the first two quarters, but then gave up on that to let Haskins continue to make poor passing plays. Do what the Panthers did to us on one scoring drive. Continue to run on every play UNTIL THEY CAN STOP YOU FROM DOING SO!

5. Why did Rivera keep playing Haskins until there was just 9 minutes left in the game? Why didn’t Rivera go for it on fourth down until the LAST QUARTER. The Panthers were going for it almost EVERY FOURTH DOWN? Why weren’t we doing the same? The Panthers were going for broke, we should have done the same once we got far behind.

I wonder if Rivera kept Haskins in to show Snyder he was giving Dwayne a full consideration????. A QB who has a QB rating BELOW 10 (max score is 154) and has 3 turnovers in the first half shouldn’t be starting the second half. Haskins was throwing balls too high, too low, behind receivers, was holding onto the ball too long and couldn’t sense the pass pressure. If Rivera had made the change at the start of the second half WE PROBABLY COULD HAVE WON!! Waiting until the 4th Qtr was just too late!!

If players are making continual, grievous plays you take them out.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 12-28-2020 at 03:33 AM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:50 AM   #67
Meks
Pro Bowl

The refs are FUCKING BAD..
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:51 AM   #68
Meks
Pro Bowl

Haskins FUCKING SUCKS
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 12-28-2020, 12:57 AM   #69
PorkSkins
Playmaker

I heard Fred Smoot, as he made his usual guest appearance on the post game radio show, and he said (paraphrase), "Today's game became clear for him as Haskins can't read defenses." I think most of us knew that much going in.

Smoot went on to say a few things about Haskins play against the Panthers and overall.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:58 AM   #70
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
I heard Fred Smoot, as he made his usual guest appearance on the post game radio show, and he said (paraphrase), "Today's game became clear for him as Haskins can't read defenses." I think most of us knew that much going in.

Smoot went on to say a few things about Haskins play against the Panthers and overall.
Yea welcome to.the party ( late as fuck) Fred.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 12-28-2020, 01:00 AM   #71
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Yea welcome to.the party ( late as fuck) Fred.

I often listen to Smoot, and I don't think he was ever sold on Haskins. He was just hoping and wishing like most of us.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 02:22 AM   #72
bulldogsjc
Camp Scrub

team all black snapback hat tigersjerseycap.com
bulldogsjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 04:01 AM   #73
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogsjc View Post
team all black snapback hat tigersjerseycap.com

I officially apologize because at the end of last season and beginning of this season I had hoped the team would play Haskins all the 2020 season and then move on or keep him. Rivera gave him 4 games and that was enough. His fundamentals are terrible. He can’t read defenses nor can he go through an entire progression of WR. His accuracy is DISMAL. He had open receivers and he couldn’t get them the ball. Too high, too low, not hitting WR in stride. He’s throwing passes into tight coverage with three White Jersey defenders and one WFT player.

Any further plays with him as the QB is just a complete waste of time. However, if I was WRONG at supporting Haskins for this season, I was also right about getting him onto the playing field in the first season. Sitting an entire season on the bench , just wastes a season. Give him two entire seasons and if he can’t start winning and beating the NFL defenses, then it’s time to move on.

It was amazing that Rivera brought in a backup QB, with ZERO first team reps and he immediately began to move the team. Our players are OPEN, but Haskins couldn’t get the ball to them. If RR had brought in Heinickle for the entire second half I think the team could have won.

Use the draft picks we have to trade up into the top ten picks in 2021. In other words trade our first pick (2021) and second round pick (2021) to get into the top ten picks of this upcoming draft. We won’t get into the top 5 picks but we’ll get into the top 3-4 QB in this year’s draft picks. Let this QB mentor under Alex Smith and start after 5-8 games. He gets two years and then he either swims or sinks.

Use the FA money we have next season to get an ELITE #2 WR to compliment MacLaurin, another good TE FA to go with Thomas and add a couple good OL FA players and try to keep Scherff.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:06 AM   #74
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

My biggest issue with the decision to play Haskins is this:

-They know he's not good enough, and they know way better than us he's not putting in nearly enough work during the week

-They know what Heinicke was, way better than us

-They lived the distraction Haskins created during the week

... And yet they still made the decision to play him ... Let's address the elephant in the room: was this a Dan Snyder induced decision ?
Old 12-28-2020, 06:33 AM   #75
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
My biggest issue with the decision to play Haskins is this:

-They know he's not good enough, and they know way better than us he's not putting in nearly enough work during the week

-They know what Heinicke was, way better than us

-They lived the distraction Haskins created during the week

... And yet they still made the decision to play him ... Let's address the elephant in the room: was this a Dan Snyder induced decision ?
So many people are defending Ron, but I really feel that it is indeed possible that Dan forced Ron to start him. Like you said, they all knew all of that stuff. If it wasn't Dan forcing Ron, then Ron himself just wasn't trying to win yesterday. Putting Haskins out there shit on the rest of the team who have been working their ass off. A lot of them may not forgive that shit. They worked their asses off for essentially nothing because Ron is playing Haskins, who is just going through the motions on everything, and taking nothing seriously.

HASKINS SHOULDN'T BE BACK NEXT YEAR, but this is Danny boy we are talking about.