Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-30-2020, 06:51 AM   #46
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

And consider that we now have a backup we at least have some faith in. I'd say with Smith, McLaurin and Gibson all back we have a damn good chance. With Heinicke having to go in we at least have someone that looks like he's accurate, knows the system, can manage the game and above all its motivated; everything DH appeared not to be.

I think we could take this 24-14. Hurts hasn't faced our D yet...
AnonEmouse is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-30-2020, 07:21 AM   #47
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Im scared

Feels so much like week 17 2016. Giants already clinched their spot in playoffs with nothing to play for. We win, were in. We played like shit right from the get go.

slow start + lucky bounce or 2 eagles way = panthers game all over again

This offense cant be relied on to come back from a double digit deficit. Not sure it is fair to ask the D to throw another 2nd half shut out.

Eagles are favored to win -1.5 line
Actually the line has swung from Philly being favored by 1 to WFT being favored by 1.5, so that means heavy bettor action on WFT
Old 12-30-2020, 08:43 AM   #48
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
And consider that we now have a backup we at least have some faith in. I'd say with Smith, McLaurin and Gibson all back we have a damn good chance. With Heinicke having to go in we at least have someone that looks like he's accurate, knows the system, can manage the game and above all its motivated; everything DH appeared not to be.

I think we could take this 24-14. Hurts hasn't faced our D yet...
Yeah man, with the addition of Heinicke this team now has More Swag and Less Drag.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:17 AM   #49
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Only teams with PFF pass-rush & coverage grades of 80+:
Washington Football Team
Pittsburgh Steelers
LA Rams
Old 12-30-2020, 09:22 AM   #50
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Man, the Rams might just get bounced from the playoffs this week if they don't handle their business. Chicago would have to beat Green Bay, which isn't likely, but a few weeks ago I would not have thought they would be in this position - needing help to get in.
Old 12-30-2020, 10:22 AM   #51
skinsnut
Playmaker

Give Alex a half commmittment only. Of course he's such a great team player he would pull himself if he was ineffective first anyways. Its entirely possible both play. Frankly, that scenario, plus a win is best case because then Heinecke gets more game experience. I do not agree to olay a guy off the street over the only qb in memory with a consistent winning record. Smith makes everyone around him play their best, regardless of his shortcomings. My greatest fear is not effectiveness as he self manages. It is him actually getting permanently disabled. If he cant sprint, he should not go in under any circumstances
Old 12-30-2020, 10:44 AM   #52
calia
Playmaker

Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

Jim Schwartz is declaring the game a no hat game - ie, don’t let your opponent don a division winner hat in your house. Fuck that guy - I’ve always hated that rat faced bastard. I hope we crush his D and then someone strolls over and plants a hat on his head.

If Alex plays and is healthy, and McLaurin is back, I’m very optimistic. If either of those doesn’t pan out, I’m decidedly less so.

I may start a thread called, The Kids Are Alright. In mulling over our roster and focusing just on the two youngest classes, we have a lot of cause for optimism no matter what happens Sunday. Young, Sweat, Curl, Gibson, McLaurin, Holcomb - we have a lot of really young guys playing well. I read an article this am which I’ll try to post that makes a pretty compelling case for Curl being in the mix for DROY.

More than any time I can recall in recent memory, I really do feel like we are headed the right way.

On to Philly.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:08 AM   #53
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Give Alex a half commmittment only. Of course he's such a great team player he would pull himself if he was ineffective first anyways. Its entirely possible both play. Frankly, that scenario, plus a win is best case because then Heinecke gets more game experience. I do not agree to olay a guy off the street over the only qb in memory with a consistent winning record. Smith makes everyone around him play their best, regardless of his shortcomings. My greatest fear is not effectiveness as he self manages. It is him actually getting permanently disabled. If he cant sprint, he should not go in under any circumstances
I think at this point Alex will err on the side of caution and not play if he doesn't feel he can protect himself. If he's not 100% or very close to it he won't be out there.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:33 AM   #54
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Keep Hurts in the pocket. He’s barely completing 50% of his passes. He does damage on the run.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:44 AM   #55
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Yep - I think if you shut down M Sanders, contain Hurts, and don't turn the ball over, it's a wrap.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:56 AM   #56
HTTR
Special Teams

Philly will show up; they hate us as much as we hate them. What tips this in our favor is RR getting rid of Haskins. This energizes the whole team and especially makes our offense better in ways that are both predictable and inexplicable.

Game is somewhat close into the second half, then we blow it open on a defensive TD to win going away, 31-19.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:08 PM   #57
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Yep - I think if you shut down M Sanders, contain Hurts, and don't turn the ball over, it's a wrap.
That didn’t work well against Carolina and Philly had like 6 receivers that can play (TE’s included) defense needs to play with reckless abandon from the beginning.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 12:17 PM   #58
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
Keep Hurts in the pocket. He’s barely completing 50% of his passes. He does damage on the run.
Exactly, the d-line will need to keep contain and stay in their lanes, and then get their hands up to bat down balls when he throws.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:34 PM   #59
ODUsmitty
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Not necessarily saying you're wrong, but when Alex starts for us, we typically win. Most of us have never seen Heinicke play. Tough to tell fans to go away from Alex if he's good to go, for a guy that was solid for a few minutes when the other team was protecting a lead.
You are absolutely right, and if Smith can go, I'd start him. But, I'd have an awfully short leash if he is not mobile enough to make plays during the game. Certainly not wait until he 9:00 mark of the 4th quarter.
ODUsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 12:40 PM   #60
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
That didn’t work well against Carolina and Philly had like 6 receivers that can play (TE’s included) defense needs to play with reckless abandon from the beginning.
They had FOUR turnovers against Carolina. That was the difference. Philly has more weapons, but the same strategy applies.