D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2019, 08:42 AM   #16
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Post Draft Thoughts

What I loved:

1.First 2 picks went towards the most important/impactful positions in the game. 5 year contracts with low cap numbers

2. What made me happier, we threw 2 picks towards 2 area on the team which have been a problem for a couple years, WR and Interior Oline. 4 good prospects...not just nobodies...but 4 solid names. That’s got me satisfied overall with the draft.

3. Special teams and value not forgotten. Kid from UNC and WR from OSU have special teams impact within their value.

Where we missed.

1. Don’t like the Bryce Love pick. Don’t like the Injury nor the fact we wasn’t having a good year...I think we coulda gotten a better RB prospect. But in the 4th, it’s not a major deal and it wasn’t as bad as a Apke pick the year before.

2. You can’t get everything you need in the draft, but Free Safety and TE there were options but that just means we stuck to our board and didn’t reach which should be applauded. While we have some developing depth at TE, I’m not as worried....but at free safety I’m extremely concerned. We should sign someone there with the intention they could get a lot of work or start.

Overall A for me

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-28-2019, 09:22 AM   #17
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

This team really made it hard for me to be unhappy with them after this draft. Initially I was down on the Haskins pick as the immobility seems to be a concern, but at the end of the day it's 50/50 odds as to whether it'll work out. And you gotta love the Sweat pick assuming the heart defect issues are a misdiagnosis. And one of my complaints about the Haskins pick was the fact we have a terrible WR corp here, so what do they do? Pick up 2 good guys (really like the McLaurin pick as the humility is something you gotta love in a player) and Harmon seems like a good candidate to develop into a possession guy, which we also need. Idk much about the o-line picks but having competition at o-line is never a bad thing, also everyone seems to be high on the Bama kid because he doesn't commit penalties (which is never a bad thing). The late round picks always seem to be hit or miss so I won't be surprised if they don't pan out, and if they do pan out then great. But overall it seems there's a lot to like about this class, and if we get 4-5 solid players out of it I'll be happy. If this class becomes a class to remember, it will go a long way in making Kyle Smith look great.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:24 AM   #18
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Wes Martin looks like Scherff Lite. Big and nasty, with less athleticism. But considering Scherff is a bad ass and one of if not the best guards in the league, you aren't going to find someone that good.

Martin is a day 1 starter at LG imo.

Learning to remember how to spell the Alabama guys name should be a hoot. He will be the backup center and an option to backup either guard spot. Will be interesting to see him and Flowers battle for 1st guy up at either G spot if needed. I would try to get Flowers some work at right tackle so he can backup the guard spots and Moses.

I would have Christian work pretty much exclusively at LT. As he needs the work and Trent has got banged up the last couple seasons. Good chance Christian starts some games. He needs to be ready.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 12:05 PM   #19
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
What I loved:

1.First 2 picks went towards the most important/impactful positions in the game. 5 year contracts with low cap numbers

2. What made me happier, we threw 2 picks towards 2 area on the team which have been a problem for a couple years, WR and Interior Oline. 4 good prospects...not just nobodies...but 4 solid names. That’s got me satisfied overall with the draft.

3. Special teams and value not forgotten. Kid from UNC and WR from OSU have special teams impact within their value.

Where we missed.

1. Don’t like the Bryce Love pick. Don’t like the Injury nor the fact we wasn’t having a good year...I think we coulda gotten a better RB prospect. But in the 4th, it’s not a major deal and it wasn’t as bad as a Apke pick the year before.

2. You can’t get everything you need in the draft, but Free Safety and TE there were options but that just means we stuck to our board and didn’t reach which should be applauded. While we have some developing depth at TE, I’m not as worried....but at free safety I’m extremely concerned. We should sign someone there with the intention they could get a lot of work or start.

Overall A for me
Have to agree with all of this here. The Love pick was the only one I was partially dissatisfied with.

Although, with C. Thompson's injury past and age catching up, this could turn out to be a valuable pick in a year or so.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:18 PM   #20
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Post Draft Thoughts

I liked every pic except Love. I hoped they would have taken Samia (G) or Ridley (WR)

We’re STACKED at RB and could use more G and WR help.

Why take him when we have Peterson, Guice, CT, and Perine????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 12:25 PM   #21
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
I liked every pic except Love. I hoped they would have taken Samia (G) or Ridley (WR)

Don't get me wrong, I really like Love (seen him play out here a few times, and he can take over games). But with Sumia available and given our needs, that would have been my preference. I also wonder whether Love might have been there at the next pick (we'll never know, of course).

But overall, I am pretty pleased with the draft. We won't know if it was good for a couple of years, really, but these decisions are surely defensible based on the information we now know. A few teams in our division -- NYG and DAL -- can't really say that, IMHO.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:27 PM   #22
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

The Love pick was a great pick, he’ll come back strong after rehab even if it’s next year, AP is a year older and on the downside. Martin will probably win the LG position (watch the youtube video and decide for yourself) the Bama center is a solid player. Overall, a fantastic draft!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:21 PM   #23
skinsnut
Playmaker

Great draft overall with one major miscue.
Skins passed up a 5 year starter at left guard.
It was a no brainier to pick Samia, (or Michael Jordan)
It was a top 3 draft need. I understand if they stuck to the board but bypassing this and crossing your fingers on a possible backup future rb was a mistake. To me the 2 4th rounders is the difference between a B and an A in my mind.

PS. If we are counting on either of our 2 online picks to start, we are still in a bit trouble. Depth? Sure. Start immediately? Iffy and not recommended. Samia and Michael Jordan were rated far superior. Not to mention we could have gotten both Samia and the bama free safety in the 4th. Both would be considered likely/possible starters immediately and considered steals AND major needs

I was just hoping for a 3rd round (which turned into 2 4th round) starters I find it doubtful that either of our 4ths start based on who they picked. We chose potential over a sure thing guard and a potential starting safety. It's a shame we passed on such a gift
Old 04-28-2019, 01:47 PM   #24
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Great draft overall with one major miscue.
Skins passed up a 5 year starter at left guard.
It was a no brainier to pick Samia, (or Michael Jordan)
It was a top 3 draft need. I understand if they stuck to the board but bypassing this and crossing your fingers on a possible backup future rb was a mistake. To me the 2 4th rounders is the difference between a B and an A in my mind.

PS. If we are counting on either of our 2 online picks to start, we are still in a bit trouble. Depth? Sure. Start immediately? Iffy and not recommended. Samia and Michael Jordan were rated far superior. Not to mention we could have gotten both Samia and the bama free safety in the 4th. Both would be considered likely/possible starters immediately and considered steals AND major needs

I was just hoping for a 3rd round (which turned into 2 4th round) starters I find it doubtful that either of our 4ths start based on who they picked. We chose potential over a sure thing guard and a potential starting safety. It's a shame we passed on such a gift
Pierschbacher could start at LG immediately.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:22 PM   #25
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
Pierschbacher could start at LG immediately.
or RG in 2020.... there is no guarantee Scherff will be signed
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 02:26 PM   #26
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Great draft. Would have liked to seen them take Jordan from OSU instead of Martin from IU, and also Gerald Willis in the 7th would have been superb. Anyway a ton left to be determined on the field and given our more than recent track record I really cannot get too excited until it translates to W’s (like more than 6-8 a year).
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 02:29 PM   #27
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post

Peterson is on his very last leg, CT is always hurt and was not productive even when healthy last year, Guice has never taken a snap, and Perine is meh. Not the worst pick in the world even though he probably would have been there later.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 02:34 PM   #28
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I liked the Love pick because AP will only be here one more year. Guice is coming off an injury. CT is always hurt and obviously they think little of Perine. Love could be your #2 back in a year.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 02:35 PM   #29
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Peterson is on his very last leg, CT is always hurt and was not productive even when healthy last year, Guice has never taken a snap, and Perine is meh. Not the worst pick in the world even though he probably would have been there later.
That's why this draft was so good, our "worst" pick is really not a bad pick and even liked by half of us. We crushed this draft.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 03:43 PM   #30
los panda
Pro Bowl

If Peterson stays healthy, we are golden at RB. That's not counting on anything from Guice or Love, while expecting Thompson to miss a handful of games.