Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What is preventing Ike Hilliard and Gruden from replacing J. Doctson with Mo Harris?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-09-2018, 12:59 PM   #16
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: What is preventing Ike Hilliard and Gruden from replacing J. Doctson with Mo Harris?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevier2 View Post
Harris has been playing plenty. My question to those of you who are saying we need to bench Doctson would be; Who do you put in to replace him?

What other options do we have that are undoubtedly BETTER than what Doctson can provide? If you're going to bench your first round pick you'd better be SURE there's an upgrade, not just "Maybe this guy can produce, we'll see.."

I agree, we need an upgrade in the WR department but as the roster stands right NOW, there isn't a whole lot sitting behind Doctson. Certainly not enough to warrant benching him.
too many ppl think just like this. That his draft status should protect him. Bullshit. He's soft ass baby shit and can;t get off a jam to save his life. I'm all for the kid trying to improve but he's not exactly out performing anyone else... Also, wasn;t Doc a 2nd? or am i losing my shit cuz this franchise is in such shambles that I can;t tell the difference between my cousin and a turd?
(i'm fine with letting kirk go tho)
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-09-2018, 01:29 PM   #17
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Re: What is preventing Ike Hilliard and Gruden from replacing J. Doctson with Mo Harris?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
too many ppl think just like this. That his draft status should protect him. Bullshit. He's soft ass baby shit and can;t get off a jam to save his life. I'm all for the kid trying to improve but he's not exactly out performing anyone else... Also, wasn;t Doc a 2nd? or am i losing my shit cuz this franchise is in such shambles that I can;t tell the difference between my cousin and a turd?
(i'm fine with letting kirk go tho)
I agree, draft status should have no bearing on who starts but you didn't answer my initial question.

Who do you put in instead of him with our current roster? Who do you trot out there as your starting 3 without Doctson?

Crowder out wide, Quinn in the slot and Harris on the other side?? Assuming those guys can even get healthy...

Doctson is not living up to draft status, for sure. But god damn we have nothing else...
Old 11-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #18
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevier2 View Post
I agree, draft status should have no bearing on who starts but you didn't answer my initial question.

Who do you put in instead of him with our current roster? Who do you trot out there as your starting 3 without Doctson?

Crowder out wide, Quinn in the slot and Harris on the other side?? Assuming those guys can even get healthy...

Doctson is not living up to draft status, for sure. But god damn we have nothing else...
Anyone!
Brian Quick, Floyd, or Harris.
Anything over 2 receptions and 30 yards is an improvement!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:45 PM   #19
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Lol Mo Harris is a pro bowler now? Listen if the guy was absolutely lighting it up ie: the other undrafted players you mentioned than ok but when he is serviceable at best you better believe that they don’t want to bench a first round draft pick.
No....Harris is not a pro bowler....but he is undrafted and has been more impressive than 1st rd pick Josh Doctson...through 8 games Doctson has only 19 receptions for a sour 190 yards....that is piss poor production for a WR the team invested a 1st rd pick on....he only had 40 catches for 550 yards last year....it doesn't matter where a player is drafted....or if he's drafted at all....what matters is the production that a player has....and Harris has done more in one game (10 receptions for 124 yards versus Atlanta) than Doctson has all season long...that's all I'm saying....
Old 11-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #20
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Blame the front office. It all relates back to mismanagement
Exactly...!!!

Look at the 2016 1st rd draft results....into the 2nd round look at where the NYG drafted WR Sterling Shepard....Shepard has had a more productive career than Doctson and he's the #2 behind Beckum.....we can easily assume that Sterling Shepard (drafted 19 picks behind Doctson) could have been a 1st rd selection...GM Scott McCloughan should have known that Shepard was better at pick 21 in the 1st rd than Doctson was..
Old 11-09-2018, 02:12 PM   #21
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Mo Harris is a #4 WR on most rosters
Old 11-09-2018, 02:29 PM   #22
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Mo Harris is a #4 WR on most rosters
He may be, but I swear if Harris was on the Pats they'd get production out of him. Look at what they're doing w/ Patterson.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #23
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He may be, but I swear if Harris was on the Pats they'd get production out of him. Look at what they're doing w/ Patterson.
O yeah but they would get production out of you and me too lol
Old 11-09-2018, 03:04 PM   #24
sevier2
Impact Rookie

I think the FO felt we had enough talent on the roster to put off signing any WR help this year. ON PAPER we still look pretty formidable. We've got Reed, Davis, Thompson, Crowder... They added Guice which would have been huge and A. Smith has generally utilized those positions (TE & RB) more so than his wide-outs.

Now that the production hasn't come from the TE's and Backfield our lack of talent at wideout has been exposed.

It's definitely an issue, but I still don't think shuffling in some JAG's is going to improve it. I'm afraid this is a problem that won't be fixed until the off-season.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:50 PM   #25
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
And Doctson too.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:13 PM   #26
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
No....Harris is not a pro bowler....but he is undrafted and has been more impressive than 1st rd pick Josh Doctson...through 8 games Doctson has only 19 receptions for a sour 190 yards....that is piss poor production for a WR the team invested a 1st rd pick on....he only had 40 catches for 550 yards last year....it doesn't matter where a player is drafted....or if he's drafted at all....what matters is the production that a player has....and Harris has done more in one game (10 receptions for 124 yards versus Atlanta) than Doctson has all season long...that's all I'm saying....

I agree with you to be honest, but im not the FO with egg on my face, and im not paying these people so....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:56 AM   #27
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I needed to work in my shop so I listened to the game on the radio as I also did last Sunday. The radio broadcast team especially Cooley was brutal evaluating Mo Harris, saying he was always looking to lay down after catching the ball. My TV died yesterday and can't be watching videos with data capped satellite internet, so I have to trust the broadcast team. Is the guy obviously afraid of contact?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #28
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I needed to work in my shop so I listened to the game on the radio as I also did last Sunday. The radio broadcast team especially Cooley was brutal evaluating Mo Harris, saying he was always looking to lay down after catching the ball. My TV died yesterday and can't be watching videos with data capped satellite internet, so I have to trust the broadcast team. Is the guy obviously afraid of contact?
Harris is soft, but so is our entire WR group. Yesterday the announcers were saying "this team just has nobody to get separation" as I've said all yr watching tape. It's not all Alex's fault, yeah he has been very AVG. but he really has nobody to throw too.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:53 PM   #29
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCall11 View Post
im all for seeing more of this guy. i guess alex smith will ultimately decide.
yeah... about that..
RedskinJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 11:06 PM   #30
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Harris is soft, but so is our entire WR group. Yesterday the announcers were saying "this team just has nobody to get separation" as I've said all yr watching tape. It's not all Alex's fault, yeah he has been very AVG. but he really has nobody to throw too.
I don't know. WR's can and do create separation but QB's also create separation. Sure we don't have an elite WR but we do have good targets. Smith was too scared to throw the ball. That was the problem. I felt like I was watching Jason Campbell all over again.. I spent a decade defending Alex Smith when he was on other rosters but man.. the guy was terrified of making a mistake throwing it but sure would take a sack in a heartbeat.

I don't expect Colt to light 'em up, but I suspect the offense will look a little better under him if he can find a rhythm early. Get the running game working, give Colt some screens and 8-10 yard out routes and I'm betting he takes some shots. I was thrilled when we signed Alex but honestly I think we're in better hands with Colt. Try to steal an early lead, run the ball 35 times and limit Colt to 20-25 throws and I think we win tomorrow. Defense has to takeover this game and I think they'll come out ready to break the will of this Dallas team early.
RedskinJake is offline   Reply With Quote