Forgetting the Titans and Doctson Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-24-2018, 07:49 AM   #106
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Re: Titans Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I think it is sort of just a known fact that anyone with intelligence and other job offers would be bat shit crazy to come here.
That wasn't it....Phillips didn't think the Redskins had any solid personnel on defense to work with....so he turned the job down...and rightfully so.

Advertisements
Old 12-24-2018, 08:28 AM   #107
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Titans Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
That wasn't it....Phillips didn't think the Redskins had any solid personnel on defense to work with....so he turned the job down...and rightfully so.

Of course we didn’t. We never really do. Because we are a joke of a franchise, and you would have to be bat shit crazy to come here.....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:13 AM   #108
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Forgetting the Titans and Doctson Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I can live with Gruden coming back but Allen need to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C'mon, man! Absolutely not. Gruden is Mister Mediocre. We'll never get to the Promised Land with him as our HC. Both Allen and Gruden must go!

The thing that bothers me most as a fan is that there is nothing that can be done to get rid of our greatest inhibitor of on-field success, Dan Snyder. There is no way Snyder could recognize and hire a talented GM and then let his GM hire an outstanding HC.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:34 AM   #109
rocnrik
Playmaker

I agree with you on Snyder... my thought about moving forward with a new coach is who would want the job ? All the hands on owner types Snyder ,Jones etc have yes man coaches.. Gruden is a better head coach than Jason Garrett! So unless Snyder gets a real GM and a complete change in philosophy I’m not sure firing jay is going to make much difference.. Bruce Allen has to go and bring in a D coordinator for sure.. it will be interested for sure..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 03:58 AM   #110
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

I hear those saying we're not sure Gruden's replacement would be an improvement...

But.

This kind of game is exactly why I want Gruden and Manusky gone.

That game proved that even with the injuries, talent is here.
A lot of holes on offense but this team has a good enough roster to compete with a team I thought we would get run over by.

But with these two as HC and DC, the defense is always going to disappear during clutch time, and then the offense is going to make a crucifying mistake. And yet another one just to make the score look even worst.

How many times have we witnessed a similar scenario?

This roster has weaknesses, but this roster is not the issue. The coaches are.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 12-26-2018 at 09:38 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:45 AM   #111
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I agree with you on Snyder... my thought about moving forward with a new coach is who would want the job ? All the hands on owner types Snyder ,Jones etc have yes man coaches.. Gruden is a better head coach than Jason Garrett! So unless Snyder gets a real GM and a complete change in philosophy I’m not sure firing jay is going to make much difference.. Bruce Allen has to go and bring in a D coordinator for sure.. it will be interested for sure..
Gruden is not a better head coach than Jason Garret....Gruden hasn't even reached .500 and it appears he's headed for a 6th season in Washington....Bruce Allen is only here because of his father's legacy....which is a poor ass reason to have him as team president....after Gruden defended Manusky after Swearinger's comments I'm not so sure if he will be fired....the Redskins have a 17th ranked defense which is average...not terrible..
Old 12-27-2018, 08:52 AM   #112
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Gruden is not a better head coach than Jason Garret....Gruden hasn't even reached .500 and it appears he's headed for a 6th season in Washington....Bruce Allen is only here because of his father's legacy....which is a poor ass reason to have him as team president....after Gruden defended Manusky after Swearinger's comments I'm not so sure if he will be fired....the Redskins have a 17th ranked defense which is average...not terrible..

Ok, I’m going to put the bitching down, and speak seriously for a moment.

It’s hard to evaluate Gruden when the past two seasons the entire offense has been decimated. He’s actually done a pretty good job holding the ship together all things considered.

I wouldn’t mind Gruden staying if: Allen was fired and they brought in a real football GM, Manuksy is fired and they promote Tomsula, and Gruden hires or promotes a GOOD offensive coordinator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote