Week 2 Loss - Post Thoughts Here

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-16-2019, 08:36 AM   #106
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Week 2 Loss - Post Thoughts Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I agree 100%. The future is now. Play all the young guys and see what they have. That's why I couldn't understand the uproar over benching AP. AP isn't the future, Guice is. See what he has along with all the other young players.
This line of thinking totally ignores the fact Gruden playing all young guys doesn't make sense. You do that, you're admitting the season is a lost cause.

Jay Gruden can't admit the season is a lost cause because he's coaching for his career here, anything less than playoffs and he's done (because he's on the last year of his contract). Hell, with Kevin O'Connell in house his hot seat is probably warming up, we might actually see a coaching change in season if we look this clueless through the first half.

Of course that won't do anything about Bruce Allen or Dan but we'd have better luck playing the lotto than hoping either one of those will be out of town anytime soon.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2019, 08:36 AM   #107
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Ionaddis has been missing in action for 2 weeks now.
Sweat too, he's been awful in Pass rush
Old 09-16-2019, 08:38 AM   #108
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think apathy has set in for me. I watched the game today and did not say one word the entire time. No yelling, no cursing. I turned it off before it ended to watch Baltimore/ Cards.
I'm surprised it took this long, apathy set in for me at least two years ago.

It's much easier to manage your disappointment when you don't get your hopes too high in the first place.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:41 AM   #109
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Sweat too, he's been awful in Pass rush
Back to back week on versus best Tackle tandems in the league will do that

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:41 AM   #110
HTTR
Special Teams

Haskins will get his time soon enough. Between our suspect training staff, inept coaching, and a weak O line, why damage his confidence and his body so early in his career? Some teams have the wherewithal to take players and turn them into Pro Bowlers, or at least improve their games. In this regime, we take promising talent or established talent and make them worse.

I want to see our crop of young players take control of this team — only under new HC and coordinators. And training staff. I’m hoping 1-5 will get that process started. If it takes 4-12, so be it.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:43 AM   #111
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Back to back week on versus best Tackle tandems in the league will do that
Back to back weeks versus the best tackle tandems as a rookie playing in the NFL for the first time.

Any man or woman (I still see you in the game threads Drave) here who is already drawing conclusions on Sweat after 2 games is someone whose opinion I won't take seriously.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:45 AM   #112
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Back to back weeks versus the best tackle tandems as a rookie playing in the NFL for the first time.

Any man or woman (I still see you in the game threads Drave) here who is already drawing conclusions on Sweat after 2 games is someone whose opinion I won't take seriously.
No doubt they are great Tackles, I just want to see that speed off the edge
Old 09-16-2019, 08:48 AM   #113
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
To me they're loser stats. When there's a play that has to be made in order to stop momentum he can't make it.

He definitely comes up small when the heat is on. But for who he is I guess we need to be happy. It could be waaaaay worse.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:48 AM   #114
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
No doubt they are great Tackles, I just want to see that speed off the edge
I think judging a rookie after the first two games of his career against some of the best players in the NFL is a mistake. It should be obvious it's going to take some time for Sweat to adjust to the NFL. Whether that's this year or next doesn't matter to me, as I already think this year is a lost cause. I just want to see him succeed, even if it takes time.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:52 AM   #115
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'm not really seeing Paul Richardson's name mentioned, but I have a problem with how he's being utilized. The guy is not a possession receiver, he's not a guy that needs to be running <10 yard routes. How many times do we gotta see him make a 6 yard catch on 3rd and 10 before we realize our coaches are not utilizing him properly? If he gets open 20 yards down the field but drops a lot of passes cut him, as it is now he's being wasted.

And speaking of proper utilization I have no idea why they think Chris Thompson should be running right up the gut out of the I-formation, he's definitely not made for that either.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:58 AM   #116
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Just think how much better Case could play with a running game...Jay's an embarrassment with this AP situation, but the run game could be better if he was serious about it. No blocking TE and Ryan Anderson comes in to play fullback...embarrassment.

He Gets Us
Old 09-16-2019, 08:59 AM   #117
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Anyone blaming Case is kray...he’s been much better than Alex Smith ever was...the big issue other than the defense being garbage, our Oline can’t run block and our backs haven’t been getting it done.
I think everyone would be singing a different tune had the Cowboys held on to some easy ints.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:00 AM   #118
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

We need corners. Josh Norman is thee most overrated player ever. All bark no bite. He needs to stfu.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:04 AM   #119
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think everyone would be singing a different tune had the Cowboys held on to some easy ints.
they didn't tho. Case hasn't been the issue, shit, the WRs haven't been the issue.

The Oline is decent in Pass Pro, struggles with penalties and running the Ball. No TE blocking at ALL. Again another year of this bullshit with the TE group. You talk about a youth movement, cut VD and Reed...play the young guys to see what we have there.

We need to improve Oline and TE this coming offseason.

He Gets Us
Old 09-16-2019, 09:07 AM   #120
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This line of thinking totally ignores the fact Gruden playing all young guys doesn't make sense. You do that, you're admitting the season is a lost cause.

Jay Gruden can't admit the season is a lost cause because he's coaching for his career here, anything less than playoffs and he's done (because he's on the last year of his contract). Hell, with Kevin O'Connell in house his hot seat is probably warming up, we might actually see a coaching change in season if we look this clueless through the first half.

Of course that won't do anything about Bruce Allen or Dan but we'd have better luck playing the lotto than hoping either one of those will be out of town anytime soon.
It's not a lost cause but it is painfully obvious that this is not a playoff team. But for instance, what good is it playing Josh Norman and DRC? Norman should have been shopped during the off season. Now that he's being exposed his value is nothing. DRC was out there limping around and they still put him out there. This shit is just inexcusable.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote