Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How Many Games Should We Test Haskins?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2020, 10:02 PM   #31
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: How Many Games Should We Test Haskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This is Haskins year...if he doesn’t get it done, riverboat is going to get his QB this offseason period. This is Haskins shot, get it done or get out the way.

Haskins hasn’t played a good game yet, his numbers isn’t gonna get it done,
'bout sums it up. I feel like week 1 put this idea in people's heads that we are a good-to-great team with a shot at competing this year. This entire year is about growth for the young guys and figuring out what you have and what Ron needs to retool for next year. Ride Haskins out, if he's not the answer we'll get the answer this offseason.

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2020, 10:02 PM   #32
calia
Playmaker

Mahomes did pretty well sitting behind Alex Smith and learning initially. Lots of franchise QBs had a learning period before starting. Even average QB play could have won today’s game. I know we are rebuilding but perennially getting the shit kicked out of us doesn’t feel like building anything. The 49ers rebuilt in basically a year. The Pats are winning after losing unbelievable talent in the offseason and due to COVID. Oh, and good players including FAs don’t want to come or stay here when all they see is season after season of crap. It’s frigging dispiriting. We just got waxed by the Cleveland Browns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2020, 10:04 PM   #33
calia
Playmaker

Is Young ok? That would be bad if he were to miss time.

Old 09-27-2020, 11:19 PM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Is Young ok? That would be bad if he were to miss time.

He said he is ok on twitter
Old 09-28-2020, 06:02 AM   #35
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Trashkins gets 8 games. If he keeps playing like this then it ain't fair to the other players. How can you keep trotting a guy out there who keeps throwing into triple coverage? It's only a matter of time before the players, especially the ones on offense start to revolt.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:08 AM   #36
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Allen and Smith aren’t the answer this year or for the long term. Ride it out this season with Dwayne.

Agree. You have to play DH all season. The team cant give up on a 1st round pick based on only a few games.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:52 AM   #37
Warthog
The Starter

I think Rivera gives Dwayne 14 full games and if there’s obviously no massive improvement in Haskin’s play, then you give Allen a couple games to see if he has anything. Only play Alex Smith in a emergency. Smith is not the future and won’t be on the team next year.

The naked truth is that this team was largely built by Snyder and Bruce Allen. Neither know anything about football and Dan has made terrible personnel decisions for over two decades. It will take YEARS to rebuild the team from SNYDER’s buffoonery. Clean out the bad players and put in ppl chosen by Kyle Smith and Rivera.

The reason teams like the Patriots win, year after year, is because they had the best QB OF ALL TIME, mixed with the BEST FOOTBALL COACH OF ALL TIME,- for 20 years. The Pats instigated the personnel system to set money limits per position. They let most players go by age 30. As a perennial winner they get excellent veterans who want to play on a SuperBowl able team and they do it for a cheap contract for a couple years.

Snyder’s legacy is to bring “over the hill” vets here, who get a big, fat contract and then they show up here to play as big, fat and medium effort players milking their big bucks for as long as they can. Players came here to CASH OUT. It will take years to change this team from Snyder’s disastrous reign. In 2-3 years it will be Rivera and Smith’s team. Then we can expect a winner. I doubt that Haskin’s is on the team then.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:02 AM   #38
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I think Rivera gives Dwayne 14 full games and if there’s obviously no massive improvement in Haskin’s play, then you give Allen a couple games to see if he has anything. Only play Alex Smith in a emergency. Smith is not the future and won’t be on the team next year.

The naked truth is that this team was largely built by Snyder and Bruce Allen. Neither know anything about football and Dan has made terrible personnel decisions for over two decades. It will take YEARS to rebuild the team from SNYDER’s buffoonery. Clean out the bad players and put in ppl chosen by Kyle Smith and Rivera.

I can't handle the naked truth!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:09 AM   #39
Schneed10
A Dude

We should give Dwayne the whole season, with the one caveat being that you can't build a culture if you let a player keep putting up the kind of performance like Dwayne had yesterday. The locker room is going to lose its mind if he keeps playing like this. We say give him the whole season because we assume there will be some improvement and we want to see where he can get to. But at the same time Rivera needs so set a standard, and allowing that to happen repeatedly can't coexist with building the right culture.

Also, I want to note that I'm suggesting Dwayne be given the season only because we have to find out what we have, not because I have any confidence in him. You've got to give him the starts but I'm quite sure he's not the answer for us.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:23 AM   #40
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

This is something I’ve been thinking about too:

Scott Turner, continue to install your offense and focus on the development of ALL young offense players, not just Haskins.

We have an entire stable of young guys on the offense and we need to see who can be coached and grow within the system. Scott Turner, don’t hold back others growth in spite of Haskins. Installed the offense so everyone can grow together.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:45 AM   #41
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:

Scott Turner, continue to install your offense and focus on the development of ALL young offense players, not just Haskins.

We have an entire stable of young guys on the offense and we need to see who can be coached and grow within the system. Scott Turner, don’t hold back others growth in spite of Haskins. Installed the offense so everyone can grow together.
This is the other aspect of it - if Dwayne keeps throwing picks the rest of the offense can't develop. You can't develop if you're not on the field.

So there does have to be some balance - Dwayne can't keep having games like today or you have to go to Kyle Allen or Alex Smith just so you can find out what you have in your young WRs and backs.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:12 AM   #42
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

How Many Games Should We Test Haskins?

Quote:

So bench him if his piss poor play continues? Because how do you develop the rest of the offense without a quarterback? I agree with you 100 percent but it is tough to develop parts of a whole....
What Schneed said ^ put in Allen and see if he can at least manage a game to see what other parts we have....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:14 AM   #43
MTK
\m/

I may be in the minority here but I think there's a lot to like about Dwayne. Just have to keep in mind that he's very inexperienced. He needs to play through these struggles.

@AlGaldi
Josh Allen over his first 10 starts:
7 TDs vs. 11 INTs
6.37 yards per pass attempt
52.3 completion %

Dwayne Haskins over his first 10 starts:
11 TDs vs. 6 INTs
6.56 yards per pass attempt
58.2 completion %
Old 09-28-2020, 10:05 AM   #44
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I may be in the minority here but I think there's a lot to like about Dwayne. Just have to keep in mind that he's very inexperienced. He needs to play through these struggles.

@AlGaldi
Josh Allen over his first 10 starts:
7 TDs vs. 11 INTs
6.37 yards per pass attempt
52.3 completion %

Dwayne Haskins over his first 10 starts:
11 TDs vs. 6 INTs
6.56 yards per pass attempt
58.2 completion %

Plus DH only started 14 games at OSU. That's not even a full pro season. He's very raw, hopefully he can develop.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #45
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Allen was mature and got with the right QB trainers this off season.. He also showed great potential last yr for the Bills.. I agree that Haskins is still very raw and needs the reps but if he's straight garbage and costing the team games in a very winnable division, you have to pull the plug. Unless of course you are openly tanking