Advertisements
Old 10-01-2020, 08:00 AM   #32
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: Pre Ravens Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
The injury report sucks ass this week 😠
It sucks most weeks unless its blank. Next man up may as well be the league motto this year!
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:08 AM   #33
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Well, I agree it is not from a situation stand point.

But talking about the idea that a coach can lose a locker room if players feel they'd have a better chance to win with the guy that is not on the field, then the situation doesn't matter, if players want to win now they don't care that much about draft position and long term strategy.

Now where I don't think it's an issue (yet), is that I don't see Allen giving us a much better chance of winning now that Haskins, but I do see the potential upside Haskins could have on Allen if he develops well.

So no point in benching Haskins IMO... but I could see frustration from the locker room if it became obvious Allen gave them a better chance of winning.
I think that depends on how the locker room view Haskins this week compared to week 1. There are not that many in that room can Turnaround and say their level of play has exceeded his, at least not greatly. RBs are not getting years, OL are not making blocks, WRs not getting open, whole D largely disappeared week 2 and S play has been spotty (to put it mildly). So aside from a shortlist of names, anyone pointing fingers should be self evaluating too.

So I agree Haskins has to be given chance to improve. I think RRs statement this week was to make sure that everyone knew he wasn't giving Haskins carte blanche to keep fucking up and his patience is wearing thin, but he's still got some patience left.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:12 AM   #34
rocnrik
Playmaker

Haskins says he does not think he starred down receivers .. so I guess none of us know jack about football .. for him to say that tells me he does not get it and he will never ever become a legit Starter .. I’m very disappointed in him saying that ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:22 AM   #35
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Haskins says he does not think he starred down receivers .. so I guess none of us know jack about football .. for him to say that tells me he does not get it and he will never ever become a legit Starter .. I’m very disappointed in him saying that ..

@JPFinlayNBCS
Dwayne Haskins says he "cant get caught up staring at a receiver" when teams are playing zone coverage and watching his eyes. Haskins said he was trying to look guys off and it didnt work
Old 10-01-2020, 08:24 AM   #36
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I would say that Haskins knows more about football that 100% of the people on this site. I could be wrong but I don't think anyone on this site was drafted by or played for an NFL team.

I have no problem with Haskins saying or thinking that because that could very well be his current perception. As Tiger Woods says "Feel ain't real." That's why players watch film and have coaches that can help them realize what they feel isn't real and correct it.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:05 AM   #37
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Issa blowout. We’ll continue to suck against mobile QB. Jackson puts up 50+ rushing yards. Haskins throws 2 INTs

Ravens - 38
Skins - 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sure hope this doesn't happen. We have to start seeing improvement from Haskins/the offense in some form. His fundamentals/accuracy issues are frustrating. Considering we're at home would love to see the progress we need to see from him.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:45 AM   #38
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I would say that Haskins knows more about football that 100% of the people on this site. I could be wrong but I don't think anyone on this site was drafted by or played for an NFL team.

I have no problem with Haskins saying or thinking that because that could very well be his current perception. As Tiger Woods says "Feel ain't real." That's why players watch film and have coaches that can help them realize what they feel isn't real and correct it.
Eh, you'd be surprised.. You don't have to play in the NFL to understand positions
Old 10-01-2020, 09:55 AM   #39
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Haskins demeanor this year has improved...I think that’s a coach Ron impact.

I seriously think Haskins will play much better this week. I’m impressed with his maturity and competitiveness. That won’t win games but affects how he takes coaching. Anybody remember RG3? He was the worst in terms of attitude...dan gets an assist here

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:02 AM   #40
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
So I agree Haskins has to be given chance to improve. I think RRs statement this week was to make sure that everyone knew he wasn't giving Haskins carte blanche to keep fucking up and his patience is wearing thin, but he's still got some patience left.
Rivera also made it clear that if the division opponents continue to lose that he may switch gears and try to win the division. If that happens, the Haskins project will be postponed and Haskins will sit.

Here's a thought for you: What if Rivera decides to go with Alex Smith at QB instead of Kyle Allen? Who's going to complain then?

p.s. The thought of Smith playing and taking hits on the leg he injured so severely frightens me. Yet he is a football player and he's on the active roster so Rivera could decide to use him.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:14 AM   #41
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Haskins demeanor this year has improved...I think that’s a coach Ron impact.

I seriously think Haskins will play much better this week. I’m impressed with his maturity and competitiveness. That won’t win games but affects how he takes coaching. Anybody remember RG3? He was the worst in terms of attitude...dan gets an assist here
I don't know why you think Haskins will play much better this week because, in his interview with JP Finlay, Ron Rivera clearly stated that he is not satisfied with Dwayne's growth as an NFL QB, so far. Plus, this week DH plays against the Ravens which is like going from the frying pan into the fire.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:17 AM   #42
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I don't know why you think Haskins will play much better this week because, in his interview with JP Finlay, Ron Rivera clearly stated that he is not satisfied with Dwayne's growth as an NFL QB, so far. Plus, this week DH plays against the Ravens which is like going from the frying pan into the fire.
We have no reason to believe he will play better. Fundamentals are still flawed along with the accuracy. Hope for improvement and consistency though. Throwing 3 picks against Cleveland does not bode well when you play a good secondary/defense.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #43
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
p.s. The thought of Smith playing and taking hits on the leg he injured so severely frightens me. Yet he is a football player and he's on the active roster so Rivera could decide to use him.
Agreed. I would be surprised if we see him but you never know especially considering our current qb situation. Deep down, I would love to know if Smith really wants to play considering the hell he endured. Dude is a gamer though so bet he does. If he does play, just hope he's not tentative. The though of him playing again has crossed my mind honestly.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:26 AM   #44
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I gotta question, is Landon Collins going to earn his money this week? What a terrible, garbage signing. He’s been trash this year

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:21 PM   #45
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I gotta question, is Landon Collins going to earn his money this week? What a terrible, garbage signing. He’s been trash this year
The Giants released or did not re-sign him because he has holes in his game, mainly pass coverage and the Giants realized he is not worth what they were paying him.
We gave him a raise and guaranteed money. Thanks Bruce Allen you piece of shit. I think RR would have released him this offseason for cost savings if it weren't for his terrible contract. We are stuck with him. Everyone can see he is a liability.
His cap number is $14.2million this year and if we cut him this season $28million. Next year his release cap hit is $13.8 million. Not much better.
$9.6 million in 2022
$5.4 million in 2023
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote