Jay Gruden fired

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #136
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Jay Gruden fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Starting Haskins with an OL in disarray (injuries and no TW) would be a bad decision and can ruin a young QB’s confidence. Team is going nowhere, so lets be patient.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....ns-starting-qb
Definitely agree, he needs plenty of improvement on his footwork and learning to protect himself, you can do those in practice.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #137
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Short of fans developing a grass roots movement to boycot Skins games and merch, and/or protest at the stadium, Snyder isn’t going to do anything to can Allen. But I think we are at a point where those measures are warranted and need to happen.
Agree.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:32 AM   #138
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Short of fans developing a grass roots movement to boycot Skins games and merch, and/or protest at the stadium, Snyder isn’t going to do anything to can Allen. But I think we are at a point where those measures are warranted and need to happen.
DS will never overtly fire BA the way Gruden was fired. If the day ever comes when BA resigns I expect it because DS asked him to resign rather than firing him.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:01 AM   #139
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
DS will never overtly fire BA the way Gruden was fired. If the day ever comes when BA resigns I expect it because DS asked him to resign rather than firing him.
I disagree. I think BA will get fired after the next coach has 2 abysmal years. Think of this next coach as BA's Zorn hire. No one of note is going to come but in BAs smugness he won't realize it til he is hiring a 3rd tier position coach. The fans will either revolt like with Cerrato or their complete apathy will force any stadium deal to collapse under the weight of voter rebellion against tax breaks for the Skins FO. At that point BAs value as a local politcal voice will be nil and Snyder will fire him and replace him with a third stooge with another 10year lease on life. By that point the team will be so desolate of fans that they will move to Mexico and be renamed the Aztecs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:03 AM   #140
MTK
\m/

Snyder fired Vinny so I don't think firing Bruce is off limits.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:16 AM   #141
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Snyder fired Vinny so I don't think firing Bruce is off limits.
December 7, 2009 -- Vinny was fired

December 17, 2009 -- Bruce was officially hired

I think we need a new best buddy waiting in the wings for Snyder to feel comfortable letting go of Bruce. I dont think we have that person. I dont think Snyder will let go of Bruce's hand until then.

Scary part is I dont have a clue who could be the next bestie for Snyder. Bruce might be around for a long time.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:34 AM   #142
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

I think we need a new best buddy waiting in the wings for Snyder to feel comfortable letting go of Bruce. I dont think we have that person. I dont think Snyder will let go of Bruce's hand until then.

Scary part is I dont have a clue who could be the next bestie for Snyder. Bruce might be around for a long time.
I thought you were going on some numerological IB tangent for a second.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:34 AM   #143
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I disagree. I think BA will get fired after the next coach has 2 abysmal years. Think of this next coach as BA's Zorn hire. No one of note is going to come but in BAs smugness he won't realize it til he is hiring a 3rd tier position coach. The fans will either revolt like with Cerrato or their complete apathy will force any stadium deal to collapse under the weight of voter rebellion against tax breaks for the Skins FO. At that point BAs value as a local politcal voice will be nil and Snyder will fire him and replace him with a third stooge with another 10year lease on life. By that point the team will be so desolate of fans that they will move to Mexico and be renamed the Aztecs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
What I'm says in DS will tell BA he's fired but allow him to resign and save face.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:57 AM   #144
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

Alex Smith and Dan Snyder have been hanging out in the owner's booth, and at Sunday's game there was a prominent video shot of Alex and Dan walking on the sidelines together, with Dan staring at Alex lovingly. He may be the on his way to being the bestie that can get Dan to let go of Bruce.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:03 PM   #145
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I thought you were going on some numerological IB tangent for a second.
December 17, 2019 -- Bruce will retire

December 27, 2019 -- Mark Brunell takes over GM role after Peyton Manning rejects the job offer.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:07 PM   #146
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
My question is this: what changes NEXT SEASON for Haskins? Is this OL going to miraculously improve in 2020? Won’t Haskins have a new HC next year? What if Haskins has to compete against Alex Smith next season - could he go another year riding pine while he watches another experienced QB beat him out due largely to his inexperience?

For every QB you list as having waited a year before starting, there are others who started on the first day of their rookie season AND THRIVED earlier due to that experience. Wentz of the Eagles is one such example.

The Redskins have not had a franchise QB in over two decades. Their extremely poor team record reflects this lack of quality in a team’s most important position. They drafted Haskins to be that franchise QB. Let him play and gain game time experience. Do you think he’s really learning anything watching Keenum or McCoy play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is this really a legit question? Literally we're talking about having a new HC, a new offensive scheme to learn, new offensive linemen in front of him, new wideouts/TE/backs to throw to, literally everything could be totally different for him next year.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:09 PM   #147
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
With revenue sharing I don't think that's going to hit Dan as hard as it would without.

I think our best measure is working in coordination with the opposing fans that will fill Fedex every other weekend to get #firebruce chants going, as well as bringing a ton of signs to the stadium like in '09.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:38 PM   #148
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I don’t care how it happens as long as it happens.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:56 PM   #149
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
With revenue sharing I don't think that's going to hit Dan as hard as it would without.

I think our best measure is working in coordination with the opposing fans that will fill Fedex every other weekend to get #firebruce chants going, as well as bringing a ton of signs to the stadium like in '09.
Is Fedex field in a no fly zone? If not let's take up a collection to fly a fire bruce banner around the stadium during a game.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:21 PM   #150
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Is Fedex field in a no fly zone? If not let's take up a collection to fly a fire bruce banner around the stadium during a game.
+1

Get back to the grassroots. I like it.