Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

MLB Offseason

Other Sports

Old 12-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

MLB Offseason

Tigers trade Doug Fister to Nationals

Nats should be arrested for stealing. Great move, replaces a garbage pick up last year. Fister was probably the least appreciated player on that Tigers team, perfect pitching style to mix in with the Nats' rotation.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 12-03-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: MLB Offseason

Jim Johnson traded from O's. I am okay with this but I think the orioles under sold him. Closers are so overvalued they could've gotten more than a project at 2B. Of course the last project they took turned into Chris Davis so what do I know.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Jim Johnson traded from O's. I am okay with this but I think the orioles under sold him. Closers are so overvalued they could've gotten more than a project at 2B. Of course the last project they took turned into Chris Davis so what do I know.
Meh, we were shopping Johnson no matter what. Orioles blew the 3rd most amount of saves all year, which is unacceptable. If you watched the O's this past season, any time JJ got in the game you got nervous.

JJ was up for arbitration, and he would have commanded $10 mil a year, so we shopped him around and got a potential stud at 2nd base. Is Weeks a project? Sure, but I think he fits into the orioles mold (solid defender).

Having said that, I think Johnson will do well in Oakland- and I wish him the best. I'm not the least bit worried about our Bullpen, and I hope we continue to develop our SP's (Gausman, Bundy, etc). God knows we need better production from our rotation.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Tigers trade Doug Fister to Nationals

Nats should be arrested for stealing. Great move, replaces a garbage pick up last year. Fister was probably the least appreciated player on that Tigers team, perfect pitching style to mix in with the Nats' rotation.
a) I agree
b) what the hell is Det doing?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I liked Steve Lombardozzi.

Aw...

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
Meh, we were shopping Johnson no matter what. Orioles blew the 3rd most amount of saves all year, which is unacceptable. If you watched the O's this past season, any time JJ got in the game you got nervous.

JJ was up for arbitration, and he would have commanded $10 mil a year, so we shopped him around and got a potential stud at 2nd base. Is Weeks a project? Sure, but I think he fits into the orioles mold (solid defender).

Having said that, I think Johnson will do well in Oakland- and I wish him the best. I'm not the least bit worried about our Bullpen, and I hope we continue to develop our SP's (Gausman, Bundy, etc). God knows we need better production from our rotation.
I totally agree. No need to pay $10 mil for a closer, I think we could've gotten more for him though since closers are over valued. I actually thought they were going to try to move him last offseason to get another bat.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Jacoby Ellsbury signing with New York Yankees stings Robinson Cano's camp - MLB News | FOX Sports on MSN

lol I'd love to see Cano in a Mariners uni. Nice touch that Boras came in and took Cano's money with quite frankly an insane deal for Ellsbury who injuried every other year.

He Gets Us
Old 12-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #8
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Other than Ellsbury's Brady Anderson-like 2011 year, he has no power and can't stay healthy.

Overpaid but I guess taking him away from Boston is a benefit to them.

If he ends up replacing Cano's spot on the roster, huge downgrade. Cano is worth whatever he's asking for in my opinion. He's the Yankees' best player by far, offensively and defensively.

Detroit got ripped off on the Fister deal. He's no Verlander but he's a top starter.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #9
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Yanks are tanking...lost Cano, lost Granderson, lost Hughes, Rivera is retired, A-Rod is banned, Jeter is crippled.

They did pick up McCann and Ellsbury, but they've lost a ton this offseason. Decent OF with Garder/Ellsbury/Soriano but the infield is going to be trash, even if Teixeira and McCann manage to stay healthy.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #10
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Indians won't have Chief Wahoo as their primary logo anymore | FOX Sports on MSN
Old 01-12-2014, 08:25 PM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

This Anthony Bosch interview about Arod cheating is amazing. I just can't give Arod the benefit of doubt anymore do to his history. Blood samples taken at a club in Miami? He should never be allowed to play baseball again

He Gets Us
Old 01-13-2014, 10:31 AM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Anthony Bosch says Alex Rodriguez paid him $12K per month - ESPN New York

He Gets Us
Old 01-16-2014, 08:37 AM   #13
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers agree to seven-year deal worth $215 million - ESPN Los Angeles

30mil/yr for a pitcher? Hell for any player. Salaries are beyond stupid in baseball.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #14
FRPLG
MVP

The baseball economics are healthy at the moment.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:50 AM   #15
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers agree to seven-year deal worth $215 million - ESPN Los Angeles

30mil/yr for a pitcher? Hell for any player. Salaries are beyond stupid in baseball.
You know I gotta agree...I just dont think its a good investment to pay someone who only plays once every five days. Plus the propensity for shoulder injuries, elbow injuries, with starting pitchers. I think you can find better options for 30 mil. The Dodgers mismanagement over the last 10 years is well documented, but them, like the Yankees, make a ton of money in their markets. For the record, I really enjoy watching Kershaw pitch, big fan.

He Gets Us