Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Ukraine mega thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 08-02-2022, 01:22 AM   #691
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Ukraine mega thread

Not sure if this time lapse gif will work, but the amount of territory that changed sides in the course of all this shelling is about the size of the dc-balt-annapolis triangle. A lot of death on Putin's head. And a lot like WWI

Middle River to the Naval Academy is 39 miles,
Bakhmut to Sieverodonetsk is 39 miles.

Can you imagine if the town names we were hearing were Crofton, Laurel, Glen Burnie, Oxon Hill. That is the equivalent of what Russia's military is slogging against, and barely moving the line over 5 months.

https://gifyu.com/image/SNBnq

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 08-02-2022 at 01:40 AM.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-04-2022, 04:20 PM   #692
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

https://twitter.com/i/status/1554824362699542531

A bus driver refuses to carry a Russian soldier who lost two legs in the war in Ukraine. With English subtitles. - " What about the Nazi's, they eat children!" OMG what are Russian soldiers being told???
Old 09-01-2022, 11:59 AM   #693
SunnySide
Playmaker

Ravil Maganov, the chairman of the board of Lukoil — the second-largest oil company in Russia — died amid mysterious circumstances Thursday, according to The Daily Beast.

State-owned news outlet Tass quoted sources that said he fell from a sixth-floor hospital window in Moscow. Tass later added that Maganov took his own life by jumping, according to the BBC.

The 67-year-old joins a substantial roster of Russian bankers and oil and gas executives who have died under suspicious circumstances this year. Lukoil’s billionaire ex-manager Alexander Subbotin was found dead of an apparent heart attack in the home of a shaman in Mytishchi in May, according to Newsweek. Tass reported that voodoo rituals occurred at the home and that Subbotin was intoxicated when he died.

Leonid Shulman — an executive at Russia’s third-largest bank, Gazprombank — was found dead at his Leningrad cottage in January of an apparent suicide, according to the New York Post.

The next month, former Gazprombank executive Alexander Tyulyakov was found hanged in his St. Petersburg garage. Former vice president of Gazprombank, Vladislav Avayev, was found dead in April of a gunshot wound next to his wife and daughter at their Moscow home. Authorities said they suspected the incident was a murder-suicide.

One day later, Sergei Protosenya — the wealthy ex-manager of Russia’s second-largest gas producer, Novatek — was found hanged in a Spanish villa. His wife and daughter were found dead with stab wounds. Investigators theorized the incident a murder-suicide as well.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-o...135226214.html

London (CNN Business)Russia's second largest oil company has broken ranks with President Vladimir Putin.
Lukoil, which produces more than 2% of the world's crude oil and employs over 100,000 people, has called for an end to Russia's war in Ukraine.
The company's board of directors said in a statement to shareholders, staff and customers that it was "calling for the soonest termination of the armed conflict."

"We express our sincere empathy for all victims, who are affected by this tragedy. We strongly support a lasting ceasefire and a settlement of problems through serious negotiations and diplomacy," the board added.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/04/busin...war/index.html

I imagine they said bad things about Putin behind is back ... no idea what Lukoil was thinking putting out that statement in May
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 09:09 PM   #694
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Ukraine whooped Russia's northern tail this week. The Russian forces north of Donbass region left in a true rout, retreating all the way to the Russian side of the border( roughly a 70 to 100 km backwards trek). There are also reports of Russian troops retreating about 15 km in the south near Kherson - though unconfirmed so far.

Putin is getting criticized by St Petersburg politicians and the war hawks on Telegram. The question is how far will Putin and his military leadership go to save face?
Old 09-12-2022, 01:40 PM   #695
SunnySide
Playmaker

Ukraine has pushed a massive counteroffensive in the country's northeast and southern regions.

The advancement has forced Russian soldiers to flee their positions, some even in civilian clothes.

Some Ukrainian troops say they've been overwhelmed by how much ammo and weaponry was left behind.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-t...145605114.html

Im just amazed that Zelensky is still alive and Kiev stands. I thought Russia would control the skies in a matter of days, take out surface to air defenses and just stroll into the capital.

I was and still am worried that Putin will just fire some major missles at cities randomly.
Old 09-12-2022, 07:55 PM   #696
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Ukraine has pushed a massive counteroffensive in the country's northeast and southern regions.

The advancement has forced Russian soldiers to flee their positions, some even in civilian clothes.

Some Ukrainian troops say they've been overwhelmed by how much ammo and weaponry was left behind.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-t...145605114.html

Im just amazed that Zelensky is still alive and Kiev stands. I thought Russia would control the skies in a matter of days, take out surface to air defenses and just stroll into the capital.

I was and still am worried that Putin will just fire some major missles at cities randomly.
Putin starting to feel pressure

https://www.cityam.com/nervous-kreml...ell-in-moscow/

Nervous Kremlin faces growing efforts from all sides within Russia to topple Putin as coup rumours swell in Moscow
Old 09-14-2022, 01:35 PM   #697
Giantone
Gamebreaker

This is getting interesting.

Old 09-27-2022, 01:56 AM   #698
nonniey
The Starter

Tectonic shifts’: How Putin’s war will change the world A former CIA leader imagines Russia, NATO and China in 2023 — and how the war in Ukraine will change them all.

https://www.grid.news/story/global/2...e2tl34mj1b4k5l
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:04 PM   #699
SunnySide
Playmaker

98% "voting" to join Russia .. I thought for sure itd be the old North Korea 103% voting thing.

--------

Gas is pouring into the Baltic Sea from three separate leaks on the Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines, Denmark’s energy agency confirmed on Tuesday, amid claims by seismologists in Sweden and Denmark of two sharp spikes in undersea activity, possibly indicating explosions, and speculation about possible sabotage.

A seismograph on the Danish island of Bornholm, near where the leaks occurred, twice recorded spikes on Monday, the day on which the Nord Stream 1 and 2 gas pipelines underwent dramatic falls in pressure, the German geological research centre GFZ said.

A Danish military flight over the leaks brought back striking images from the ruptures, including one showing an area of bubbling gas a kilometre wide on the sea’s surface.

The seismograph recorded near-silence until just after midnight GMT (2am local time), when there was a spike representing a tremor in the earth followed by a continuous hissing wave form. The pattern was repeated at 5pm GMT.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...sabotage-fears

Still blown away that there is an actual traditional, almost trench warfare, land war going on in 2022.

Thought for sure it would be all jamming, air control and air defense ... not moving 200k troops through the mud and crossing bridges.
Old 09-27-2022, 04:52 PM   #700
SunnySide
Playmaker

Old 09-27-2022, 10:58 PM   #701
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I don't think they did it, but Ukraine is the one with the motive for cutting the pipeline. That said Russia has lost it's mind so they probably were the real culprits and decided to cut off their nose to spite their face. Guess it is now a full embargo on Russian gas by Europe.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:09 PM   #702
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

That guy in the back looks like he's saying this wasn't my choice. This sucks.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:13 PM   #703
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

This whole thing has been nothing short of an absolute embarrassment for Putin. But he's a spineless little bitch, so he will never admit as much. So another countless number of people will die for no reason.

I don't think this thing ends until a Russian puts a bullet to his brain. But I don't think this is that far off.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:29 AM   #704
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This whole thing has been nothing short of an absolute embarrassment for Putin. But he's a spineless little bitch, so he will never admit as much. So another countless number of people will die for no reason.

I don't think this thing ends until a Russian puts a bullet to his brain. But I don't think this is that far off.
Some here in the US think he is smart!

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...on-fist-2022-9

Trump compliments 'fierce' and 'smart' Putin and applauds Xi Jinping for ruling China with an 'iron fist'

Speaking at a rally in Pennsylvania, Donald Trump praised Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping.
He called both leaders "fierce," adding that Xi is "smart" to rule China with an "iron fist."
Xi and Putin have troubling records of human rights abuse.
Old 09-29-2022, 02:04 PM   #705
SunnySide
Playmaker

Anyone else starting to get that creeping feeling they should stock up their basement with water, toilet paper, canned goods and rice?

I kinda am.

Article after article on this nuclear stuff.