The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-26-2022, 05:10 AM   #931
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Hopefully this will burn republicans at the ballot box!
[sarc]says our local Republican [/sarc]
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-26-2022, 06:40 AM   #932
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
LOL hell of a retort from trump loving right wingers who deny it.
Old 06-26-2022, 06:46 AM   #933
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Punch why are you in a bad mood today? And why do I see libs calling for violence against people tonight. Even some calling for the death of scotus?

chico , this one post proves what I have said and thought about you is 200% true.
Old 06-26-2022, 03:48 PM   #934
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
You still don't address the lying by the SCJ's? Again you try to justify they say one thing and do another with your defense of abortion as oppose to stopping kids murdered in their classrooms.
Any politician who thought these justices were going to forever uphold Roe were smoking something, or just looking for political cover. I don't spend a whole lotta time worrying about that, any more than a liberal justice evading a conservative's question. The Senate members that confirmed each justice had years and years of case history to know where a candidate stood. That is how we all knew this day was coming when the justices were appointed.

I don't oppose stopping kids murdered in classrooms, on the contrary I am pointing out the hypocrisy of the rates. We should and can do both.
Old 06-26-2022, 06:13 PM   #935
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Any politician who thought these justices were going to forever uphold Roe were smoking something, or just looking for political cover. I don't spend a whole lotta time worrying about that, any more than a liberal justice evading a conservative's question. The Senate members that confirmed each justice had years and years of case history to know where a candidate stood. That is how we all knew this day was coming when the justices were appointed.

I don't oppose stopping kids murdered in classrooms, on the contrary I am pointing out the hypocrisy of the rates. We should and can do both.
These people are Supreme Court Justice's of the United States of America their word should be gold , it's not but that doesn't seem to bother you.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:32 AM   #936
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
These people are Supreme Court Justice's of the United States of America their word should be gold , it's not but that doesn't seem to bother you.
I am not going to lose a lot of sleep over it, no. Anymore than I would if one of the liberal justices shockingly voted liberal after appeasing conservatives in the Senate.

The Roe V Wade test for Supreme Court Justices was a bogus question to begin with. It is a 50 year old "precedent" with questionable origins. That the Democratic Senators used it for years to pound conservative justices into submission is a bigger issue for me honestly. The question for SC Justices should be how they read the constitution and apply it, not individual partisan policies.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:00 AM   #937
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I am not going to lose a lot of sleep over it, no. Anymore than I would if one of the liberal justices shockingly voted liberal after appeasing conservatives in the Senate.

The Roe V Wade test for Supreme Court Justices was a bogus question to begin with. It is a 50 year old "precedent" with questionable origins. That the Democratic Senators used it for years to pound conservative justices into submission is a bigger issue for me honestly. The question for SC Justices should be how they read the constitution and apply it, not individual partisan policies.
LOL, "It is a 50 year old "precedent" with questionable origins." BS, it was established law. Changing it was politically motivated and no other reason. JHC.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:00 AM   #938
MTK
\m/

Quote:
If the majority of the country wants to legalize abortion, then have the lawmakers put their names to bills. The Supreme Court simply upheld the fact that abortion is not an inherent right. States, and local populations can vote to make it legal or illegal, so the pro-abortion movement ought to have no problem getting those laws passed.

separately:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-won...ce-11652218772
If only it were that easy

Supreme Court Throws Abortion to an Unlevel State Playing Field
The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade shifted the abortion fight to state legislatures, where gerrymandering has given Republicans an advantage.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:05 AM   #939
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:

You can be a Republican and still be absolutely ashamed and disgusted by what Trump has done to the party. G-1 should be commended for being able to differentiate between Republicans and Trumpers. Most either hide the fact that they stand behind the man or just pretend it is a bump in the road that will go away. At least G-1 is honest.
The Republican party is dead. It is now the far right extreme white nationalist god guns and trump party.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:20 AM   #940
MTK
\m/

Cool that we're now ok with nominees lying through the hearings process just to get their seat. We know politicians do this, but I thought maybe we had higher standards for the highest court of the land. Silly me.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:26 AM   #941
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Cool that we're now ok with nominees lying through the hearings process just to get their seat. We know politicians do this, but I thought maybe we had higher standards for the highest court of the land. Silly me.

Such a stroke of misfortune that a psycho like Trump was there to appoint 3 judges.
He made it ok to lie, actually he made it cool.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:02 AM   #942
MTK
\m/

Sarah Huckabee Sanders: “We will make sure that when a kid is in the womb, they're as safe as they are in a classroom."

Ummmm
Old 06-27-2022, 10:26 AM   #943
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Prayer Wins

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:34 AM   #944
MTK
\m/

Don't know how he survived such a brutal attack

Rudy Giuliani claimed a grocery-store employee's attack on him felt like a gunshot. CCTV footage shows he was slapped on the back.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:45 AM   #945
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Sarah Huckabee Sanders: “We will make sure that when a kid is in the womb, they're as safe as they are in a classroom."

Ummmm

Did she really say this? How out of touch with reality can the right get? My God.