Parking Lot

Old 06-26-2019, 08:35 AM   #2026
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Lolol.

/lived off I-95 in nova for 17 years now.

It's only bad because it's summer and also traffic has increased with Metro's blue line south of Reagan Nat'l shut down for the summer.

But I-95 from Fredericksburg to Springfield was also a shitshow before that, they said changing the HOV lanes to HOT lanes would help but all the blue collars can't afford to pay anywhere from 10-40 bucks one way to drive on it. At least some Aussie company is making beaucoup dollars though, right?
Mooby,

Question , in VA do cars need liecense plates on the front and the back of cars and if so,do "both plates need "stickers- tags"?

Advertisements
Old 06-26-2019, 09:02 AM   #2027
mredskins
MVP

summer time and kids.

Put them in camps for the whole summer big $$$

Keep home they are bored and driving you nuts.

My kids are 8 and 11.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:08 AM   #2028
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

guys, I lived in northern va for 5-6 years...I simply don't know how you deal with the traffic. I return up there usually every couple years to visit, IMO its getting worse.

I would have to take a work from home position at least a couple times a week if I ever moved back up there.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 06-26-2019 at 09:26 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:58 PM   #2029
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
guys, I lived in northern va for 5-6 years...I simply don't know how you deal with the traffic. I return up there usually every couple years to visit, IMO its getting worse.

I would have to take a work from home position at least a couple times a week if I ever moved back up there.
I am self employed and walk to my machine shop on my 10 acres to work that is how I deal with it. I try to shop and run errands during off hours. I avoid I-95 like the plague. Any trip between Richmond and Fredricksburg I take back roads.
I don't know what it is but that stretch of I-95 between Ladysmith and Ashland is real wavy or something. It feels like I am driving in a 65 mph cross wind that keeps switching directions.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:54 PM   #2030
MTK
\m/

People that chew with their mouths open. I didn't realize eating ice cream could be so loud until I heard a co worker inhale a cone
Old 06-30-2019, 11:38 AM   #2031
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
People that chew with their mouths open. I didn't realize eating ice cream could be so loud until I heard a co worker inhale a cone
It seems there are certain cultures where that disgusting habit is more prevalent. I worked at a place decades ago in So Cal where a whole table of people all talked with mouth fulls of food.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:11 AM   #2032
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Mooby,

Question , in VA do cars need liecense plates on the front and the back of cars and if so,do "both plates need "stickers- tags"?
Yes. It's a VA thing.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:32 AM   #2033
metalskins
The Starter

What grinds my gears? I currently am extremely miserable at my current place of employment. I have a bad boss who has anger issues and likes to micromanage. I have a subordinate who doesn't think he needs to respect authority. I have high anxiety every morning because I have to be at this job. It pays really well though, and my family and I are getting ready to close on a new home, so I'm trying to survive each day until I can get out of this place! Anybody who happens to know of a good IT job that would allow me to work remotely, let me know!
Old 07-01-2019, 09:05 AM   #2034
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Yes. It's a VA thing.

thanks
Old 08-19-2019, 04:08 PM   #2035
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

This has been a fucking epidemic lately, but people just walking into my office and asking me for help without first checking if I'm busy is grinding the fuck out of my gears. I do IT support, and the culture where I work is to leave your door open, otherwise people think you're out of the office.

Should I just get over it? I ALWAYS ask someone, "Is now a good time?" when I come by unannounced. Just because I'm in the office doesn't mean I'm not doing something meaningful on a server, remote help, etc. Just feels rude as hell.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:54 PM   #2036
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
This has been a fucking epidemic lately, but people just walking into my office and asking me for help without first checking if I'm busy is grinding the fuck out of my gears. I do IT support, and the culture where I work is to leave your door open, otherwise people think you're out of the office.

Should I just get over it? I ALWAYS ask someone, "Is now a good time?" when I come by unannounced. Just because I'm in the office doesn't mean I'm not doing something meaningful on a server, remote help, etc. Just feels rude as hell.
Ah the ol' dump and run. I have several techs/foremen/dispatchers that love to do that. Slide open the parts window, dump the ticket/invoice and walk away quickly before you have a chance to say anything. If it's a tech they just come back in 5-10 minutes and ask if you worked on it yet.

It is rude as hell but I've gotten over it. Gotta pick your battles.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 04:57 PM   #2037
Giantone
Gamebreaker

What is annoying to me is "Job Applications " on line! First I'm an old shit(63) and have been retired now for three years . I feel like getting back into the work force but now all applications are "on line" and demand resumes.
I have gotten every job I have ever interviewed for in person in my life.........everyone. I walk into place's and talk to people and they tell me all our hiring in done on line. Place's tell me they need people but I have to go through the "website". I'm not a Doctor or Lawyer I work in Distribution and warehousing .I was in one company talking to a lower level Manager and he asked about my resume...........I told him my age and that I retired from a job I have had for 31 years , that I had license's in all the equipment they use and that I had a degree he said ,..........you might be over qualified. WTF?
Old 08-19-2019, 09:58 PM   #2038
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
What is annoying to me is "Job Applications " on line! First I'm an old shit(63) and have been retired now for three years . I feel like getting back into the work force but now all applications are "on line" and demand resumes.
I have gotten every job I have ever interviewed for in person in my life.........everyone. I walk into place's and talk to people and they tell me all our hiring in done on line. Place's tell me they need people but I have to go through the "website". I'm not a Doctor or Lawyer I work in Distribution and warehousing .I was in one company talking to a lower level Manager and he asked about my resume...........I told him my age and that I retired from a job I have had for 31 years , that I had license's in all the equipment they use and that I had a degree he said ,..........you might be over qualified. WTF?
I hope I never have to look for a job again. At my current job I was hired w/o having to apply, as the person in charge worked at my former job.

The absolute worst is when you have to do multiple applications and you have to fill out the same shit over and over again. Fucking terrible.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:06 AM   #2039
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Ah the ol' dump and run. I have several techs/foremen/dispatchers that love to do that. Slide open the parts window, dump the ticket/invoice and walk away quickly before you have a chance to say anything. If it's a tech they just come back in 5-10 minutes and ask if you worked on it yet.

It is rude as hell but I've gotten over it. Gotta pick your battles.
Just wanted to make sure I'm not just being overly sensitive about it, lol.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:11 AM   #2040
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I hope I never have to look for a job again. At my current job I was hired w/o having to apply, as the person in charge worked at my former job.

The absolute worst is when you have to do multiple applications and you have to fill out the same shit over and over again. Fucking terrible.

The worst is when you have to submit your resume online and then you still have to go through and fill all your info in anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk