Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 07:38 PM   #556
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Kerrigan has not missed a game, that puts him ahead of Trent in my book, if I have to pick one.
Kerrigan is good. He isn't elite and never has been.

Trent is a freak. Strength, speed, size, agility. He can do things no other tackle can do.

Kerrigan is durable and really good but Schneed is right on, he isn't close to Trent.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 08-02-2019, 07:56 PM   #557
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
On the current roster, which players are better than Trent?
None of them is better than Trent. But Trent doesn't want to be here. If he doesn't want to be here we should trade him and get some picks.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:41 PM   #558
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
We finally have contract details for Donald Penn, via Rap Sheet:

This is truly a contract meant to cover all the bases. To me it says the Redskins don't have any idea whether Trent will come back or not. They're hoping for the best and planning for the worst. Penn's base level of pay of $1.0M, basically vet minimum, is what he'll get if he rides the bench the whole season. That screams depth move.

But the Redskins built in incentives that could pay him as much as $5.0M if he ends up the starter all year. That's a big upside to expose yourself to, the only way you'd do that is if you felt you needed to get someone in to start in the event your stud doesn't play.

I think it says the Redskins have no idea whether they'll have Trent or not. It's enough of a real reason for Chicken Little to squeal.
Thank you for the update!
I do think it's a pretty smart deal considering the situation, and gives the organisation leverage: if TW comes back, they have a cheap solid swing back up, if he doesn't they have a more than decent veteran starter.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2019, 09:54 PM   #559
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
None of them is better than Trent. But Trent doesn't want to be here. If he doesn't want to be here we should trade him and get some picks.
Today he is the best player on our team.

Quote:
Let me make something crystal clear for you and the rest of people here. I'm not about to get up in arms about some overrated, overpaid loser like Trent Williams. You can kiss his ass all you want. I'm not going to do it. I've seen this bum jump off sides, get holding calls calls in critical times, get abused mediocre pass rushers, and he's always injured. If he doesn't want to be here then we should let him go. It's bad enough he's nowhere near as good as he gets credit for. But for him to wait till the day of mandatory mini camp show me that he doesn't care about this team or the fans. I say trade this bum right now and lets go full rebuild mode.
On June 4th, in post #14 from this thread, he was being abused by mediocre pass rushers.

He played through severe injuries and what had to be excruciating pain, knowing it would take a toll on his longevity for this team.

Troll.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:21 PM   #560
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Trent is a freak. Strength, speed, size, agility. He can do things no other tackle can do.

Kerrigan is durable and really good but Schneed is right on, he isn't close to Trent.

The funny thing about this post is that guy, who fans aside from yourself think is only "good" has a legit chance at becoming the Redskins all-time sack leader this upcoming season. If that's how we're setting the bar I can't wait until we get one of those elite pass rushers.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:25 PM   #561
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Thank you for the update!
I do think it's a pretty smart deal considering the situation, and gives the organisation leverage: if TW comes back, they have a cheap solid swing back up, if he doesn't they have a more than decent veteran starter.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
When do the incentives count towards the cap.... at the end of the year? A one million deal is a great deal if Trent is back, however, Penn signed with the understanding he might start. 5 million is a fair amount for a starter.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:24 AM   #562
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Today he is the best player on our team.

On June 4th, in post #14 from this thread, he was being abused by mediocre pass rushers.

He played through severe injuries and what had to be excruciating pain, knowing it would take a toll on his longevity for this team.

Troll.
He was abused by mediocre pass rushers. He does jump offsides. He's injured a lot. Let me ask you question since you're always on Trent's balls. How many times have we made the playoffs since Trent has been here? How many times have we advanced to the NFC championship game? Once you answer those questions you can see why we can do with or without Trent.
Old 08-03-2019, 01:27 AM   #563
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
He was abused by mediocre pass rushers. He does jump offsides. He's injured a lot. Let me ask you question since you're always on Trent's balls. How many times have we made the playoffs since Trent has been here? How many times have we advanced to the NFC championship game? Once you answer those questions you can see why we can do with or without Trent.
There were 430 offensive holding calls last season Moses had 14, TW had 4 or less then 1 per 3 games. He jumped offsides 3 times or once per every 4 games he played. He allowed 3 sacks in 13 games.
He is a 7x probowler in 9 years in the league, and he has been a major positive in the locker room.

Tyron Smith had 2 false starts and 7 holds
Jason Peters had 2 holds and 5 false starts
Both are top 5
Your frustration and anger is misplaced sir

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2019, 06:36 AM   #564
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The funny thing about this post is that guy, who fans aside from yourself think is only "good" has a legit chance at becoming the Redskins all-time sack leader this upcoming season. If that's how we're setting the bar I can't wait until we get one of those elite pass rushers.
Great point.

Trent is just on a different level. He is the 1 % of the 1%.

Being elite is a really simple test. Does he scare the other teams coordinator enough to force them to gameplan for the player?

Offensive coordinators have never had to game plan around kerrigan despite his numbers and reliability.

You can list the players in the league now and over the last few years who offenses have had to game plan around.

And yes, his durability, willingness to play through pain and injury are great.

He just isn't elite, and that's ok. He is really good on the field, really steady, and a great Redskin.

Last edited by DYoungJelly; 08-03-2019 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:49 AM   #565
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

4 time Pro Bowler, double digit sacks, never misses a game, yet for some odd reason Ryan Kerrigan doesn't get his deserved respect around here. Trent being a freak does no good when he is spending 4 games a year in street clothes. Now it also seems from what has been coming out his attitude went downhill when Geron Christian was drafted and a lot of the medical issue is on him. Sounds like the relationship is beyond repair.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:24 AM   #566
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
4 time Pro Bowler, double digit sacks, never misses a game, yet for some odd reason Ryan Kerrigan doesn't get his deserved respect around here. Trent being a freak does no good when he is spending 4 games a year in street clothes. Now it also seems from what has been coming out his attitude went downhill when Geron Christian was drafted and a lot of the medical issue is on him. Sounds like the relationship is beyond repair.
How was that post disrespectful?

The lack of game planning by OC's for Kerrigan isn't a unique opinion at all.

In fact, it's a widely held opinion by Cooley and other analysts.

Teams game plan for Von Miller. Teams don't game plan for Ryan Kerrigan.

Let's define our terms. Elite meaning best of the best.

Do you believe Ryan Kerrigan is an elite edge player?

Old 08-03-2019, 10:20 AM   #567
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
How was that post disrespectful?

The lack of game planning by OC's for Kerrigan isn't a unique opinion at all.

In fact, it's a widely held opinion by Cooley and other analysts.

Teams game plan for Von Miller. Teams don't game plan for Ryan Kerrigan.

Let's define our terms. Elite meaning best of the best.

Do you believe Ryan Kerrigan is an elite edge player?

I would never compare Kerrigan to Miller, Miller is a slam dunk first ballot Hall of Famer. I place Kerrigan as having a huge impact on the success of the Redskins, others around here don't seem to feel that way. I am judging him on the impact he has on the Redskins, not how he compares to a future Hall of Famer. Under how most define elite he is not, but if elite is an A+ grade he is at least a B+ in my book. It seems like many around here would have no trouble trading the guy, I would not.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:32 AM   #568
Kope
Special Teams

Add in the forced fumbles and TDs and Kerrigan is an A. A couple of others in the league are A+. Since he has come in the league he is top 5 in sacks and higher in FF. He is under valued here and league wide by fans.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:08 AM   #569
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
There’s an article floating possible trade partners. In there it mentions Redskins trading WIlliams to Houston for a 2020 first rounder, or Redskins trading WIlliams to Jacksonville for Jalen Ramsey. I’d take either one at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d do a first rounder. Ramsey is awesome but it would move Dunbar to the bench and he’s a really intriguing player to me. Ramsey would only agree to a trade if he could get a big contract out of it and it would make our cap situation tight. Extending Scherff then gets tough.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:46 AM   #570
Schneed10
A Dude

Kerrigan is criminally underrated around the NFL. If you look at the pressure stats since 2011 he is right there with Watt and Miller. Some of that is due to durability because Watt and Miller have missed some games, but he is very very good even still. He’s about to be our franchise sack leader after all. We all look back with fondness at Mann and Manley, he hasn’t won like they did because he hasn’t had the support around him they did, but he’s certainly in their class.