Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

YOU play GM (Since we don't have one)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-11-2019, 09:12 AM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

YOU play GM (Since we don't have one)

It's no secret this team will have a top 5 pick, maybe top 2. I'm actually all for going 1-15 and getting the #1 pick. Had a conversation with some guys at work they asked "What do you do with that top pick"?

I'm all for keeping Haskins so let's not go down the Tua route, I still believe we have a franchise QB in the making BUT and it may be a big BUT , what if the new HC comes in and wants to start from scratch? Do you consider going after Tua , Hurts , Herbert?

If I'm the GM here is what I'm doing ASAP after the season is over.

1. Trade Trent Williams (if he isn't by then) - It's clear he doesn't want to play in Washington anymore and he really should be moved now (fuck u Bruce). I believe we can still get a 3rd for him after the season is over.

2. Trade Ryan Kerrigan - Yeah I know he's a fan favorite and a consistent good player but he is getting older and is off to his worst start of his career, where has he been?? I know we joke about him at times going MIA but damn this guy really hasn't done shit, and his grades show it 59.7 overall Defensive grade is real bad. Get a 3rd for him as well and move on.

3. Let Norman , Davis , Reed , Chris Thompson , Adrian Peterson , PRich , Moses and Colt go this off season...

4. Hire Mike Tomlin (They may let him go from what the rumors are saying), to me if Tomlin wants to coach in DC, I'm all for it.. Who else takes this job? Rex Ryan? I'll pass on him unless he's the last option. Guys like Lincoln Riley, Mike Leach , Urban Meyer are all pipe dreams and rarely do college coaches work anyway. Tomlin brings in a no BS culture and is all about the TEAM and WINNING, he doesn't give a shit about stats and superstars (ask Bell and AB). Plus he's still young.

5. Draft Offense Offense Offense , I'm talking LT , RB , WR , RT , TE.
We have the worst Offense in the NFC , the talent is just not there.

6. Spend some dough in Free Agency BUT on good players not big name guys like Landon Collins who also sucks so far.. The skins will have the cap space in 2020, might as well use it.

You all have at it!

Advertisements
Old 10-11-2019, 09:42 AM   #2
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: YOU play GM (Since we don't have one)

Fire Bruce Allen

Extend Scherff

Hire O’Connell depending on his game calling starting Sunday.

Draft 2 T, Pass rusher, S, MLB, TE, CB, RB

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:49 AM   #3
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Rooney Rule

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooney...f%20candidates.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
why are you so fucking worried about this?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:22 AM   #5
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Ok since I am the GM that means Bruce Allen is fired.

1. Trade Trent Williams- Call up New England, Cleveland, and Kansas City see if I can get a 1st still.

2. Put Ryan Kerrigan on the block as well- As much as I love him it is time to go, see if I can get a 3rd or 4th for him.

3. Get rid of all these over the hill never had a prime QB (McCoy, Keenum)

4. Fire Manusky in the most disrespectful way I can think of at the time.

5. Put out trade flyers for Josh Norman as well.

6. Get Haskins ready to play vs. Miami

7. Interview O'Connell for the head coaching job, as well as getting Louis Riddick on the phone to see if he wanted to be permanent GM after I am done with this.

8. With our first 1st round pick take either Jerry Jeudy, Grant Delpit, or Chase Young.

9. Punch Dan Synder and Bruce Allen in the kidney before leaving Redskin park.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:52 AM   #6
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Ok since I am the GM that means Bruce Allen is fired.

1. Trade Trent Williams- Call up New England, Cleveland, and Kansas City see if I can get a 1st still.

2. Put Ryan Kerrigan on the block as well- As much as I love him it is time to go, see if I can get a 3rd or 4th for him.

3. Get rid of all these over the hill never had a prime QB (McCoy, Keenum)

4. Fire Manusky in the most disrespectful way I can think of at the time.

5. Put out trade flyers for Josh Norman as well.

6. Get Haskins ready to play vs. Miami

7. Interview O'Connell for the head coaching job, as well as getting Louis Riddick on the phone to see if he wanted to be permanent GM after I am done with this.

8. With our first 1st round pick take either Jerry Jeudy, Grant Delpit, or Chase Young.

9. Punch Dan Synder and Bruce Allen in the kidney before leaving Redskin park.

You want a WINNING culture, You call Lou up immediately after this season and open the book for his services as GM, then he can hire Tomlin and BOOM we are on a great track
Old 10-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #7
Randall Nestor
Special Teams

Trade TW now. He is more valuable to a team in the playoff run than in January. Trade kerrigan and norman as well.
Randall Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #8
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

The most important thing is to find Dan Snyder other hobbies besides picking QBs and meddling in their development, and if that can't be done frame him for a behavior that will cause the league to force him to sell the team.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:20 AM   #9
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Nestor View Post
Trade TW now. He is more valuable to a team in the playoff run than in January. Trade kerrigan and norman as well.
Nobody is going to trade for Josh Norman with his contract and the way he has played lately. For the money he pulls in he would have to be a shut down corner and that he is not.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:31 AM   #10
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Too late to trade Kerrigan and Norman. Neither are worth anything now that more games are being played. Right about now you'd get a box of cave rocks for both. I'd just cut both and hopefully get cap relief.

I would call Dickface (Allen) at 11:30pm, just to wake him up. My exact words would be, "Meet me at the facility at 5am for an omimous meeting. Bring your timecard and the keypad that gets you in the building."
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:37 AM   #11
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Too late to trade Kerrigan and Norman. Neither are worth anything now that more games are being played. Right about now you'd get a box of cave rocks for both. I'd just cut both and hopefully get cap relief.

I would call Dickface (Allen) at 11:30pm, just to wake him up. My exact words would be, "Meet me at the facility at 5am for an omimous meeting. Bring your timecard and the keypad that gets you in the building."
We could only hope
Old 10-11-2019, 11:45 AM   #12
Schneed10
A Dude

It is kind of funny how we criticize Dan Snyder for not hiring football people and then as soon as we have the chance to hypothetically run the team we all say what we would do, and nobody says "hire a football person as my GM".

That's what I would do if I were team president, then I'd get my ass to work on the business side because that's where I could do some damage.

Hire a GM and let him pick the coach. I want the GM with all roster authority, with the scouting department reporting in to him, and the head coach reporting in to him. The scouting department will deliver the draft board, the GM will review the draft board with the coach, and the GM will decide how to manage the relationship with the coach to balance the need to win immediately vs the need to win later.

The only thing I'd dictate is that I'd insist the GM and the coach be given the same length contract. Five years, seven years, whatever. I'd insist their time horizons be on the same page, so they'd both be aligned in trying to build for the future early on, and expect themselves to win as their contracts progress. It's dysfunctional to have a GM with a long term view and a coach with a short term view. I want them to have the same view so they're pulling in the same direction.

The GM will have the final say on who we sign and who we draft. He'll have the coach reporting to him, providing input independently from the scouting department. And the GM will decide when to meet the coach halfway getting players he prefers, to manage the reporting relationship.

What football decisions I'd make are irrelevant. This team's main problem is organizational dysfunction because Bruce and Dan don't understand how to set people up to work well together. They instead set people up to have competing and conflicting agendas. Kind of fundamentally flawed when it comes to playing a TEAM sport.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:48 AM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
It is kind of funny how we criticize Dan Snyder for not hiring football people and then as soon as we have the chance to hypothetically run the team we all say what we would do, and nobody says "hire a football person as my GM".

That's what I would do if I were team president, then I'd get my ass to work on the business side because that's where I could do some damage.

Hire a GM and let him pick the coach. I want the GM with all roster authority, with the scouting department reporting in to him, and the head coach reporting in to him. The scouting department will deliver the draft board, the GM will review the draft board with the coach, and the GM will decide how to manage the relationship with the coach to balance the need to win immediately vs the need to win later.

The only thing I'd dictate is that I'd insist the GM and the coach be given the same length contract. Five years, seven years, whatever. I'd insist their time horizons be on the same page, so they'd both be aligned in trying to build for the future early on, and expect themselves to win as their contracts progress. It's dysfunctional to have a GM with a long term view and a coach with a short term view. I want them to have the same view so they're pulling in the same direction.

The GM will have the final say on who we sign and who we draft. He'll have the coach reporting to him, providing input independently from the scouting department. And the GM will decide when to meet the coach halfway getting players he prefers, to manage the reporting relationship.

What football decisions I'd make are irrelevant. This team's main problem is organizational dysfunction because Bruce and Dan don't understand how to set people up to work well together. They instead set people up to have competing and conflicting agendas. Kind of fundamentally flawed when it comes to playing a TEAM sport.
This
Old 10-11-2019, 12:15 PM   #14
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I thought the point of the thread was for us to play GM .. not us play Dan Snyder?
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:45 PM   #15
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
You want a WINNING culture, You call Lou up immediately after this season and open the book for his services as GM, then he can hire Tomlin and BOOM we are on a great track
I am calling him now if I am Dan

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote