Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Commanders Regular Season Thread vol 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-06-2022, 04:25 PM   #166
calia
Playmaker

Re: Commanders Regular Season Thread vol 1

Seriously? This power ranking poll (meaningless, I know, I know) has us 30th -- only above Chicago and Atlanta. https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-r...ason-cowboys-s

I really hope that this franchise turns itself around; it's hard to root for a team that absolutely no one respects (on or off the field, Bruce).

Advertisements
Old 09-06-2022, 06:03 PM   #167
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Listened to 105.7 in Baltimore. Jason Lacanfora lamenting the Ravens only have two true outside linebackers. Ron Rivera says “hold my beer”
Old 09-06-2022, 08:09 PM   #168
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onaroll View Post
most likely a little ENVY. He he. I am just saying what I know bud. I was up there and HEARD THE FANS and TALKED TO THEM . Apparently YOU DIDN"T.
Is there a Crime here for HISTORICAL FACT.

Why is is Rambling. You don't like Wentz say so., why the attack on ME. Where am I rambling???
This is why I left places like this a decade ago. Some of the kids don't appreciate HISTORY, just want the bling.

Have fun with yourself. Later.
You gotta understand a lot of folks on here are experts 😳…they love misery and are ready to get rid of most of the players after one loss😀.. this forum on game day is way more entertaining than the game itself! I thought your post was accurate.. Indy blamed there supposed lock win on Wentz … if you are gonna stay on this forum get some thick skin and enjoy the show😀
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 08:35 PM   #169
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Commanders Regular Season Thread vol 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
This is the most rambling confusing post I may have ever read on here. My head hurts.

Keep thoughts like that to yourself. All you do is nitpick other peoples posts.

I mean just scroll past it, does it make you feel better to be a dick?

His post wasn’t even bad. He is just sticking up for Wentz and alot of it made perfect sense. He forgot a couple of prepositions and you felt the need to belittle him? Hope all is well because your reaction tells me you have some issues at home or something.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 08:40 PM   #170
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
You gotta understand a lot of folks on here are experts …they love misery and are ready to get rid of most of the players after one loss.. this forum on game day is way more entertaining than the game itself! I thought your post was accurate.. Indy blamed there supposed lock win on Wentz … if you are gonna stay on this forum get some thick skin and enjoy the show

Amen Rik
Old 09-06-2022, 08:49 PM   #171
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Seriously? This power ranking poll (meaningless, I know, I know) has us 30th -- only above Chicago and Atlanta. https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-r...ason-cowboys-s

I really hope that this franchise turns itself around; it's hard to root for a team that absolutely no one respects (on or off the field, Bruce).

Just a hater. Id personally put us around 22. First two weeks will tell us all we need to know. I don’t expect to make any real noise this year mostly because of our back 7, and Im not sold at all whatsoever on our Coaching staff. But I don’t think we are bottom feeders either. Middle of the pack is our ceiling imo. Im mainly concerned with Wentz. If he has a solid year then ill feel good about adding pieces and moving forward. If not then its start from scratch with Howell and see where he takes us. But that will probably be another 1-2 years of wait and see.
Old 09-07-2022, 02:18 PM   #172
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I think 22 is a fair position to start this season. 28 or 30 is just dumb, and lazy analysis.

I personally think they'll end up somewhere around 10-14, but like you said, the first two weeks will tell us which direction the team is headed.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 02:53 PM   #173
skinsfan69
Living Legend

You have to think the Jacksonville defense is licking their chops getting game one against Wentz.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 03:06 PM   #174
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post

I think you could make an argument to put us from anywhere btw no. 23 (panthers) and 30.

I do think this tossed in quote "The erratic Wentz's ability to get the ball out accurately and on time will be vital to success, but the cupboard is far from bare on offense." .... is the big question on offense.

Our offense seems to be misdirection, short pre determined passes, trying to get the ball to Gibson/mckissic/etc in space, designed 3-5 yard plays with the hope of broken tackle for more yards and then bam! hit them with a PA to McLaurin.

We did the short paper cut stuff well but never had the arm to stretch the field so D collapsed and stuffed the box etc

Wentz has the arm and likes to go long so thats not a problem .. but what if we have a drop in the short efficiency stuff

Our strength becomes a weaknesses, vice versa ..

Excited to see the actual on field product.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 09:40 AM   #175
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I think you could make an argument to put us from anywhere btw no. 23 (panthers) and 30.

I do think this tossed in quote "The erratic Wentz's ability to get the ball out accurately and on time will be vital to success, but the cupboard is far from bare on offense." .... is the big question on offense.

Our offense seems to be misdirection, short pre determined passes, trying to get the ball to Gibson/mckissic/etc in space, designed 3-5 yard plays with the hope of broken tackle for more yards and then bam! hit them with a PA to McLaurin.

We did the short paper cut stuff well but never had the arm to stretch the field so D collapsed and stuffed the box etc

Wentz has the arm and likes to go long so thats not a problem .. but what if we have a drop in the short efficiency stuff

Our strength becomes a weaknesses, vice versa ..

Excited to see the actual on field product.
If you listen to Keim, you should know that he feels that Wentz' arm strength will be a key to the short and intermediate passes. Another thing that was an issue with Heineke.

Wentz is his own worst enemy. His highs are very high, but his lows are terrible. The key to him being successful is to cut down on mistakes. I don't think this team needs to go deep ball crazy, we have the potential of a good running game and plenty of receivers that can get the ball in space and make plays.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 01:39 PM   #176
simbosargos75
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Wildgoose? I hope be sticks!
Yaaaasssss!

Former Badgers always welcome!

--On Wisconsin