Our offense CANNOT score!!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-13-2005, 02:10 AM   #46
railcon56
Impact Rookie

Re: Our offense CANNOT score!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588
I understand that Gibbs is not a big fan of audibles but if he is going to trust Brunell with this team let him read the opposing D and make adjustments when needed.
Dream on

Advertisements
Old 12-13-2005, 03:07 AM   #47
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
You want to talk bad playcalling. How about Dennis Green running a sweep to JJ Arrington on 4th and 2 with the game on the line. What was that all about? You don't look for Fitz or Boldin, instead you toss it outside when you've had no runner rush for more than 60 yards in a game this season-and usually far less?

And to think Dennis Green was supposedly the leading candidate to be our next coach had the Gibbs deal fallen through.
actually Taf I don't know that that was such a bad call really, think about it teams have been killing us with that play to the left side, Bell, Barber, even the little guy from the 9er's, Taylor made a big play to stop it, and Arrington is nothing to write home about, perhaps Shipp should have gotten the ball there, obviously it didn't work but I can see why a team would call that play against us in that situation, Taylor showed why he's the best saftey in football and shut it down.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:35 AM   #48
MTK
\m/

Let's see, as a team you stink at running the ball. You don't have a RB on the roster that scares anyone. You're playing against a team that is strong defensively. Yeah, let's run it on 4th and 2, brilliant!

Lord only knows how many people would be ripping Gibbs up and down for a similar call. Denny Green and co. made a horrible call. At least give it to Shipp who has some power. Arrington ran scared.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:50 AM   #49
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Matty, you expect them to throw the ball? Im sure we were all over those short routes that their receivers were running all day. I agree with Offiss, it wasn't a bad call. They were inbetween a rock and a hard place. They had to try to get two yards and we probably had our guys pretty close to the line. Really if Arrington would have not punked out when Taylor started coming he might have picked it up. Taylor doesnt get a clean shot on him, Arrington cowers away isntead of fighting for it, but that's fine -- Im glad they didn't get it!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:42 AM   #50
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Matty, you expect them to throw the ball? Im sure we were all over those short routes that their receivers were running all day. I agree with Offiss, it wasn't a bad call. They were inbetween a rock and a hard place. They had to try to get two yards and we probably had our guys pretty close to the line. Really if Arrington would have not punked out when Taylor started coming he might have picked it up. Taylor doesnt get a clean shot on him, Arrington cowers away isntead of fighting for it, but that's fine -- Im glad they didn't get it!
Sure why wouldn't they throw? They did in just about every other short yardage situation.

2 yards is equivalent to 5 yards when your running game is as bad as theirs.

How many times this year have people here ripped on our playcalling for throwing on short yardage? Yet Denny Green made a "good call"??
Old 12-13-2005, 02:27 PM   #51
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Sure why wouldn't they throw? They did in just about every other short yardage situation.

2 yards is equivalent to 5 yards when your running game is as bad as theirs.

How many times this year have people here ripped on our playcalling for throwing on short yardage? Yet Denny Green made a "good call"??

I think you have it backwards Matty, some of us inc. myself have been yelling to throw the ball on short yardage plays late in the game because we CAN'T run it when it counts, that has been at least my problem with Gibbs he's afraid to throw it late in the game when teams are really stacking the box.

What would you consider our weekest spot on the field? I believe it's our right side, teams game plan to attack us there [see the Giant game] I think it was a lowsey call to give the ball to Arrington, but that play has killed us quite a few times this year, Taylor may be the only saftey in the league who can close that quickly to stop it, and yes Daseal was right Arrington punked out when he saw Taylor coming at him he basically took a knee, Shipp may or may not have made the first but he would have made a much bigger effort, maybe if they throw it they get it who knows, but our CB's were jumping those little hitches they were running and dropping their recivers either at or behind the line of scrimmage by that point in the game.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:34 PM   #52
MTK
\m/

Well, somebody has been complaining about throwing it too much in short yardage situations.

In fact on the year I think the Skins have thrown it much more than they've ran it on 3rd and shorts until just recently, so I'm not sure why people would want us to throw it more. :confused:
Old 12-13-2005, 02:45 PM   #53
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Matty, I think maybe you meant to say how many times have people complained about us running in a short yardage situation-such as the Bucs game, yet not when Green does it.

Not only that but we run with Portis, they run with JJ Arrington. LaVar Arrington would probably average more yards rushing per game than JJ.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:55 PM   #54
MTK
\m/

Nevermind, lol
Old 12-13-2005, 04:59 PM   #55
EXoffender
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Well, somebody has been complaining about throwing it too much in short yardage situations.

In fact on the year I think the Skins have thrown it much more than they've ran it on 3rd and shorts until just recently, so I'm not sure why people would want us to throw it more. :confused:
Now that makes sense. Show the guys up front that you have confidence in them Gibbs. And they better execute. I've said in another post that I didn't think our OL was doing a exceptional job run blocking. And maybe Gibbs thinks that too. Thats why he goes for QB sneaks on 3rd and 2?
EXoffender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:48 PM   #56
itvnetop
Playmaker

don't the players believe we should run the ball on 3rd and short most of the time? i think i read that several players call it our "bread and butter."

i think that if it is our "bread and butter", we need to run it on 3rd and short more often than pass. i think it's just more pronounced when we get stuffed- a bunch of people are going to yell "conservative."

if you do it more often than not, you can surprise the opposing D with a rollout b/c they aren't looking for it (ala Royal last weekend).
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:52 PM   #57
railcon56
Impact Rookie

they are underrated i said a long time ago this offensive line has played well ....and they appear to be really clicking now!!