Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins sign Barrow

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-23-2004, 05:51 PM   #31
Big C
Mr. Brightside

u spelled hole wrong...and Barrow is going to be a beast. hes gonna plug the RIGHT holes, unlike Trotter. I can remember FOX playin replays when the opponent would bust a big run up the middle. It would be Trotter hittin the wrong hole, thats something that Barrow will improve on.
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-23-2004, 06:07 PM   #32
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighskinsfan
Offiss- yoiur "bag of balls" for Trotter comment cracked me up!
I agree with Mattyk- We are too thin at corner to consider trading Smoot- Springs has an injury history, and no matter how good rookie corners are, they are still rookie corners. They're gonna get burned- it's just part of the growing process.
I'm torn betweent the Skins sitting tight and just taking one of the Canes (Taylor, KWII or Wilfork) or doing that and also making a draft day splash with a trade involving Trotter and Gardner (the only two players of value- ok Offiss- questionable value- who I think we can part with) to get another first round pick....
If we could get back into the 1st rd with a trade of gardner and trotter I think we would all be doing back flip's, which is exactly why it won't happen, but if we sweetin the pot with say our #1 next year, we may be able to get a wilfork, which I would do in a heartbeat, I just feel we have to do something to get back into this draft, there is to much talent, I would throw away our entire draft next year if we could fill all our need's this year, I know as skin's fan's we are leary of this type of use of pick's, and it stem's from the george allen day's, but this is much different we are getting young player's not the over the hill gang, as well we now have free agency as a viable option if we need a player or 2.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:27 PM   #33
GibbssbbiG
Camp Scrub

Question Why don't we use our CASH to get those 2004 draft picks?

Given that Redskins cash_flow is so strong, -- why don't we package Trotter / Gardner with a bundle of cash and swap them for 2004 -- 2nd/3rd round draft picks _?

The FO should be more creative in using their cash to get draft picks or players.

Old 04-23-2004, 08:36 PM   #34
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Gibbss,

I don't doubt we would if someone would take that deal. But ain't nobody gonna trade cash for draft picks and, after signing Barrow, we couldn't even get a supplemental pick in the NFL Europe draft for Trotter.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:08 PM   #35
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

i didn't know greg williams used to coach barrow when they were both in houston. that should help aid his transition onto the team. and i like what he said about feeling like he was 27 or so because of his workout routine and that he'd tire out mentally before he did physically.

and skinsncanes should love this quote about the univ. of miami:
"You talk about Quarterback U., Linebacker U." Barrow said. "I always felt like we're NFL-U."
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:28 PM   #36
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru
i didn't know greg williams used to coach barrow when they were both in houston. that should help aid his transition onto the team. and i like what he said about feeling like he was 27 or so because of his workout routine and that he'd tire out mentally before he did physically.

and skinsncanes should love this quote about the univ. of miami:
"You talk about Quarterback U., Linebacker U." Barrow said. "I always felt like we're NFL-U."
haha. Nice Nice. Did anyone else join in on the thing on ESPN.com the other day where there was a different player on everyhalf hour that you could talk to. It was cool reading all of their anwsers. They asked Veron Carey if he thought making a team of Canes could win the Super Bowl, and he basically said that there arent many people that would dobut that they would win the superbowl everyyear. WHICH is why ive been trying to tell everyone to draft Canes with all your picks everyyear, they alreayd know how to play together, the team spirit is there. And they all work out together in the offseason anyways.