Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 10:32 PM   #676
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
Well guess we're going to keep him as a disgruntled player who refuses to play and not getting anything in return. Very Bruce Allen-like. He's not playing for the Redskins anymore. Get something in return now.
I bet $21 million he will.

Advertisements
Old 08-12-2019, 10:35 PM   #677
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

21 million dollars seems like a good reason to show up the week before the season starts.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:33 PM   #678
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

Punishing a player with fines and lost game money seems like a real Bruce Allen / Dan Snyder move. “Beat him until his morale improves!”

“If he won’t play for us then he’ll play for no one.”

This management buffoonery is why the Redskins are consistently one of the NFL’s worst teams.

Trade him for a second or third round draft pick for next year, we’ll be drafting for the OL anyway in the draft.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 08-13-2019, 01:45 AM   #679
JPPT1974
Special Teams

Hope things can be working out but it seems very unlikely. As long as BA is in charge, T.W. will not come back!
Old 08-13-2019, 07:40 AM   #680
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
He states differently:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...period-sources

As usual, Snyder and Allen feel they can buy their way out of this mess. SMH.
I wanna know if there's a real issue with the medical staff. Cravens is pissed and says he is still owed money by the team. Clearly, TW is livid. Either way, tough situation for all.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:25 AM   #681
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If I'm Bruce I'm telling the Texans, we wan't a 2ND and a Justin Reid (Safety) in return for Trent. If they do not accept that deal then move on. There is no rush to trade Trent, eventually he will show up and play. This is the ultimate chess game just like Dallas and zeke, will the player really sit out all season? Very rare and doubtful.

If it's with NE as some sources have said are interested I would ask for a Player for player swap, Trent for Jaime Collins (LB). '

If the Skins let TW go for nothing less than either of these then we are truly the worst ran team in football.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:51 AM   #682
GridIron26
Playmaker

I have to say, I was relief when I saw the news that Redskins will not trade Williams.. While this situation is not ideal for mending broken relationship, I hope Redskins and Williams will eventually compromise on something that is win-win for both parties soon enough.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:51 AM   #683
rickmmrr
Special Teams

At the end of the day, TW is an employee of the Washington Redskins. As an employee he's provided great service and been paid well. It's interesting when it comes to money it's all business and they don't mind signing on the dotted line.

He looks like he is enjoying the money he earns. You can't have it both ways.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2019, 10:43 AM   #684
Warthog
The Starter

The Bruce Allen strategy to fine TW until he returns will NOT work. TW has told friends he will be happy to sit out the season.

The redskins need TW much more than TW needs the Redskins or the money. Although some suppose that we can easily replace TW with Penn, you’re replacing elite with VERY old, average (at best). Our left side of the OL preseason game got TOTALLY ABUSED in PS game one, as well as committing numerous penalties. We just wasted what, $3.5 mill, on Flowers who is turning into a total failure. Why didn’t BA offer that $3.5 mill as guaranteed money for Trent?

Offer him serious guaranteed money or trade him, but playing “chicken” with him will work about as well as it did with Cousins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 08-13-2019, 10:48 AM   #685
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
The Bruce Allen strategy to fine TW until he returns will NOT work. TW has told friends he will be happy to sit out the season.

The redskins need TW much more than TW needs the Redskins or the money. Although some suppose that we can easily replace TW with Penn, you’re replacing elite with VERY old, average (at best). Our left side of the OL preseason game got TOTALLY ABUSED in PS game one, as well as committing numerous penalties. We just wasted what, $3.5 mill, on Flowers who is turning into a total failure. Why didn’t BA offer that $3.5 mill as guaranteed money for Trent?

Offer him serious guaranteed money or trade him, but playing “chicken” with him will work about as well as it did with Cousins.

Our left side was not our starting left side, and it faced a very strong Cleveland DLine.

Penn and the rookie guard actually looked in sync and I expect them to be the starting left side if TW doesn't come back and play.

That said, I agree that playing the waiting game is the worst of the 3 options for the Skins. Gruden and Callahan ought to go to TW and then take his grievances and get them taken care of by the FO and get TW back on the field.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:51 AM   #686
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...jfebU-jTy6AVU8

Peterson " we need Trent Williams"
Old 08-13-2019, 11:01 AM   #687
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Gruden and Callahan ought to go to TW and then take his grievances and get them taken care of by the FO and get TW back on the field.

Seems simple. I don't know why this hasn't happened yet.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:06 AM   #688
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Seems simple. I don't know why this hasn't happened yet.
You don't? Take a wild guess.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:26 AM   #689
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

3 team leaders have now came out in support of TW

Peterson
Kerrigan
Norman

All 3 realize we NEED TW back in order to compete weekly, the Redskins really can't go without drama, its like they get a boner off of it
Old 08-13-2019, 11:41 AM   #690
calia
Playmaker

Dear Mr. Snyder

For nearly 20 years, we diehard (and it has been hard) Redskins fans have been hoping for a return to the glory years. We know you have too. However, for two decades now, the team has been wallowed in at best mediocrity, and at worst embarrassingly bad football. There are too many examples to mention here; we expect you are acutely aware them as well and thus require no further elaboration.

We fans know that you are one of us-you bought the team two decades ago out of a deep and abiding affection for it, and its proud history. That affection should not cloud anyone’s judgment about proper leadership. It is clear that Bruce Allen is an impediment to success - he is no leader, not respected or trusted around the league, and has repeatedly perpetuated a keystone-cop image of the team (winning off the field, our QB Kurt Cousins, etc, etc).

We now have a bad situation with arguably the best football player we have had on the team during your tenure - maybe one of the best ever in team history. Trent has fought through injury, losing seasons, coaching changes, etc and yet has continued to perform admirably. We don’t profess to know what is the root cause of the unhappiness - but it appears that Allen is not helping the situation. At all.

If the Redskins are going to be watchable this season, we need Trent. Please explore if the ship can be righted. If it can, then do what it takes to right it - even (or particularly) if it means letting Allen go. If it cannot, then please have someone competent (ie, not Allen) involved in making the best of a bad situation. Failing to do so risks further erosion of the fan base.

HTTR.

Closed Thread