30 years ago today...

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-26-2022, 06:16 PM   #16
rocnrik
Playmaker

Re: 30 years ago today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Selling to Dan Snyder is a top 5 decision in sports history that absolutely ruined a franchise. You couldn't do much worse if you tried to fail on purpose.
All it takes is stupid money and a massive EGO to be a destructive force in this world … it’s in all aspects of life from sports on up ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-26-2022, 07:29 PM   #17
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I was 3 years old, had no idea what football was. You think the losing is all you know? I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a winning season until I was a man, and by then it was already too late. The losing betrays you, because it belongs to me.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:04 PM   #18
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

30 years ago today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Bobby B. Was in San Diego already, he left in 1990. Casserly was the GM.

Was referring to Crustys comment about the whole run from 81-92.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:50 PM   #19
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Watched this game at old Cinema and Drafthouse in Bethesda. This old Art Deco movie theatre simulcast Redskin games most every Sunday and it was always a packed house. Several times the cops would come in to tell the crowd to STFU as we were so loud neighboring residents would complain. That place was a blast during ‘Skins games. Got so trashed watching this SB there my future wife had to drive me home…to Annapolis!

Last edited by Dlyne8r; 01-27-2022 at 07:11 AM.
Dlyne8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:58 PM   #20
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Yes indeed
......greatest nfl team of all time....

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/11/4/...amps-joe-gibbs
Old 01-27-2022, 07:58 AM   #21
davy
Impact Rookie

30 years

I honestly don't know whether everybody on this site deserves a medal for still being a fan or a kick in the arse for still being a fan.

The Poisoned Dwarf has a lot to answer for.
Old 01-27-2022, 02:58 PM   #22
MTK
\m/

Looking back on the 91 team yesterday I actually felt a little angry. Angry that Dan has turned this franchise into a long running joke. I'd just love to know what's going on in is head. After all these years, does he not understand that he's just not good at this NFL owner stuff? Does he not hear the noise from the fans and media? Does he not get how hated he is by the fans? I just don't get why someone would want to continue doing something that can't bring him very much joy or satisfaction.
Old 01-27-2022, 03:08 PM   #23
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Looking back on the 91 team yesterday I actually felt a little angry. Angry that Dan has turned this franchise into a long running joke. I'd just love to know what's going on in is head. After all these years, does he not understand that he's just not good at this NFL owner stuff? Does he not hear the noise from the fans and media? Does he not get how hated he is by the fans? I just don't get why someone would want to continue doing something that can't bring him very much joy or satisfaction.
The crazy thing is that he could potentially make a TON of money and completely step away from the negative publicity he's brought on himself by:

- Selling the team.

- Selling the majority of the team and becoming a minority owner.

There is absolutely nothing he would lose by doing either of these things.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 03:22 PM   #24
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Hell if he took his presence off of football operations we could be competitive. If we had a competent GM with Shanahan here we still would have been a desirable destination
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 03:29 PM   #25
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Hell if he took his presence off of football operations we could be competitive. If we had a competent GM with Shanahan here we still would have been a desirable destination
The frustrating thing is there have been so many examples over the years of if he just did this, or didn't do that, maybe we'd be alright. But when he meddles, he meddles big and the ramifications are always devastating. He never learns. Feels like we're just waiting for the next big fuck up from him.
Old 01-27-2022, 03:33 PM   #26
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Yup really nothing to add to that
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 04:11 PM   #27
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Time has shown again and again that this will never happen.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:00 AM   #28
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
Well, now you know how I feel about things.

You ask very good questions about DS. Indeed, they are vital questions. Questions that I and I assume everyone else wonders about.

And I wish I had a definitive answer. I am not a shrink, but I would love to hear what one thinks about him.

I have a theory about him and I have stated it before. Dan craves the BIG SPLASH. That is, anything-- ANYTHING-- that brings him attention whether it is positive or negative.

Consequently, Dan loves big draft picks, bringing in aging stars, stadium scenarios, hiring and firing coaches, and yes, the name change. Oh, he hated that at first, but then realized it was yet another stage for him to prance about.

Winning? Nice notion, but secondary to the Big Splash in his mind.

Furthermore, I do not believe he grew up a fan. Not buying it. I think he was vaguely aware of them during the Allen years and then jumped on the bandwagon during the Gibbs era.

Danny is not a proper NFL owner. He is a two-bit carny barker.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:12 AM   #29
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
The frustrating thing is there have been so many examples over the years of if he just did this, or didn't do that, maybe we'd be alright. But when he meddles, he meddles big and the ramifications are always devastating. He never learns. Feels like we're just waiting for the next big fuck up from him.
He is narcissistic, he doesn't think like you or I. He has a enough of a close circle that probably yes him to death every day and that fuels his narcissism.

He is no different then the one legged bbq pirate on here only difference is he has billions.

I dealt with one in my old neighborhood; it was horrible, just a awful person that had zero remorse. Attacking women and children whatever it took to get his agenda filled. Had to get a protective order against him.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:30 AM   #30
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
He is narcissistic, he doesn't think like you or I. He has a enough of a close circle that probably yes him to death every day and that fuels his narcissism.

He is no different then the one legged bbq pirate on here only difference is he has billions.

I dealt with one in my old neighborhood; it was horrible, just a awful person that had zero remorse. Attacking women and children whatever it took to get his agenda filled. Had to get a protective order against him.
Any chance for some details?
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote