Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Where does D. Hall rate as a CB for the Redskins all time?

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Bucket
Playmaker

Where does D. Hall rate as a CB for the Redskins all time?

I'm just interested how the rest of the community feels about D. Hall and his place on the Redskins. Do you think he is a great addition, and praise him for his efforts on the field?

Do you think he's overrated? Does he not live up to the hype? I'm interested on what the community thinks. I personally think he's one of the best DB's to walk into Washington. Does he give up big plays? Sure, but what DB doesn't? This is the NFL, and big plays are bound to happen, broken coverages happen.

Anyways.. What do you think?
Old 08-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
saden1
MVP

Re: Where does D. Hall rate as a CB for the Redskins all time?

#1 Green
#2 Baily
#X Hall

-Jenkins
Old 08-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
#1 Green
#2 Baily
#X Hall
Agreed. I think Shawn Springs in his first couple of years with us was better than DeAngelo. DeAngelos a gambler makes a great decision one play and an awful one the next (ie ravens game: Int for TD; Lee Evans long TD catch.)
Old 08-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Agreed. I think Shawn Springs in his first couple of years with us was better than DeAngelo. DeAngelos a gambler makes a great decision one play and an awful one the next (ie ravens game: Int for TD; Lee Evans long TD catch.)
Forgot about Springs, first few years as a SKIN was great to.

Last edited by NYCskinfan82; 08-27-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
#1 Green
#2 Baily
#X Hall
Agree on all. #2 Bailey
Old 08-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Hall couldn't even hold Pat Fisher's jock, he wishes he was half the player Fisher was.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 08-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
#1 Green
#2 Baily
#X Hall
You must be thinking the best in the last 15 yrs..I personally don't like Hall that much...not even sure he should be a pro-bowler.

Green and Bailey were the best in the league at some point in their careers, Hall may have been 5th or 10th best at his best. Just think, at one point the crappy Raiders didn't want him anymore...he's really not that great...sure he makes flashy picks, but no one is really afraid to throw on him
Old 08-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
You must be thinking the best in the last 15 yrs..I personally don't like Hall that much...not even sure he should be a pro-bowler.

Green and Bailey were the best in the league at some point in their careers, Hall may have been 5th or 10th best at his best. Just think, at one point the crappy Raiders didn't want him anymore...he's really not that great...sure he makes flashy picks, but no one is really afraid to throw on him
Well the Raiders comparison is not really a fair one. A lot of players leave Oakland to have better careers. Two totally different schemes as well
Old 08-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #9
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

I like D Hall, very good player, I except that every once and awhile you will be beaten. Please don't ask GTripp0012 how he feels D Hall must of bullied him in School or something. LOL
Old 08-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #10
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
I like D Hall, very good player, I except that every once and awhile you will be beaten. Please don't ask GTripp0012 how he feels D Hall must of bullied him in School or something. LOL
I guess I don't understand the strong emotional connection between Joe Fan and DeAngelo Hall. If Kedric Golston, a Redskin of five years and his entire football career gets cut, no one cries a single tear for him. If hooskins, 53 fan, or SlinginSammy33 expresses displeasure with a play Hall made, it's because he took their lunch money.

There is a deep emotional connection between many people who root for the Redskins and Hall. I don't have an emotional tie to Hall, or really any other current player beyond what they do for us on Sundays. And that makes this vocal minority very, very different.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #11
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 08-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #12
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I guess I don't understand the strong emotional connection between Joe Fan and DeAngelo Hall. If Kedric Golston, a Redskin of five years and his entire football career gets cut, no one cries a single tear for him. If hooskins, 53 fan, or SlinginSammy33 expresses displeasure with a play Hall made, it's because he took their lunch money.

There is a deep emotional connection between many people who root for the Redskins and Hall. I don't have an emotional tie to Hall, or really any other current player beyond what they do for us on Sundays. And that makes this vocal minority very, very different.
The funny thing is Hall is more beloved than Riggins and Theismann on this board, guys that won SB's.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 08-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #13
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
The funny thing is Hall is more beloved than Riggins and Theismann on this board, guys that won SB's.
Well, I get that one, it's because Hall is a current player in the internet age, and Riggins and Theismann haven't played for the Redskins in 25 years.

I don't get why Hall is more beloved than London Fletcher though. That one confuses me. I'd guess the local connection, but still, it boggles the mind beyond that.

Is there a Fletcher detractor section of fan base? Like, guys who just wish the team would move on from aging no. 59? Fletcher and Moss are universally beloved players. I think the general consensus is that DHall belongs amongst this category. And that the natural reaction to someone saying "wait a second, Fletcher and Moss have had way better Redskins careers than Hall," is to simply pout and cry foul.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well, I get that one, it's because Hall is a current player in the internet age, and Riggins and Theismann haven't played for the Redskins in 25 years.

I don't get why Hall is more beloved than London Fletcher though. That one confuses me. I'd guess the local connection, but still, it boggles the mind beyond that.

Is there a Fletcher detractor section of fan base? Like, guys who just wish the team would move on from aging no. 59? Fletcher and Moss are universally beloved players. I think the general consensus is that DHall belongs amongst this category. And that the natural reaction to someone saying "wait a second, Fletcher and Moss have had way better Redskins careers than Hall," is to simply pout and cry foul.
Because I would put D. Halls career with the Redskins right up there with Moss, and Fletcher.

You really cant compare the 3 though since it's all different positions though

Last edited by Bucket; 08-27-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #15
#56fanatic
The Starter

I am not sure if all time Redskin great is an appropriate word RIGHT NOW. This is his 2nd, 3rd season with us. He is a good corner, but I am not sure he stands out as one of the greats. His completion % against is pretty high, Carlos had better cover numbers. What he does do is bring the ability to gamble and make plays. He doesn't have the ability like a Dieon Sanders to make up for the mistakes. If dieon gambled, he got back into the play with just his pure speed. WHen Hall makes a mistake, it leads to big plays. I think I go
Green, Bailey, Springs. Not sure where Hall would fall in Redskins greats though. I am sure there were probably some guys from earlier years that may have made a bigger contribution to the team, I just can't remember them.
Closed Thread