Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The sheisters thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-02-2024, 04:46 PM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

The sheisters thread

For highlighting grifters, sheisters, marketplace corruption, collusion, anytime an ordinary citizen gets dicked by something or someone it can't compete against. For the ordinary man. I lead with this:

https://dcist.com/story/23/11/01/dc-...ords-realpage/

Interesting tidbits from the article include: approximately 40k units in DC are affected by this price-fixing (that's 1/5 of total available units). The figure is much higher in other cities.

Second quote:

"Across the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria metro area, more than 90% of the units in large buildings are priced using RealPage’s RM software."

It's my hope that this thread won't turn into a Trump/Biden debacle (as we have plenty of those) but in my heart I know it will. It is what it is.

Advertisements
Old 01-02-2024, 04:49 PM   #2
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: The sheisters thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
For highlighting grifters, sheisters, marketplace corruption, collusion, anytime an ordinary citizen gets dicked by something or someone it can't compete against. For the ordinary man. I lead with this:

Interesting tidbits from the article include: approximately 40k units in DC are affected by this price-fixing (that's 1/5 of total available units). The figure is much higher in other cities.

Second quote:

"Across the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria metro area, more than 90% of the units in large buildings are priced using RealPage’s RM software."

It's my hope that this thread won't turn into a Trump/Biden debacle (as we have plenty of those) but in my heart I know it will. It is what it is.
I'm a huge fan of free-market capitalism but I'm also for huge punishments for people/companies/groups that fucking cheat the system, and give it a bad name, and collusion is about as bad as it gets.

If they are truly guilty of this, then I hope those 14 companies and RealPage pay through the nose. Maybe put the fines into a bucket somewhere to be used to help people find housing. Being alive is too fucking expensive now.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 04:17 AM   #3
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Second quote:

mooby, what bothers me about this is nothing will happen. It will languish in Court and get kicked around they will admit they did it and pay big fines and penalties but the victims will never see one bit of relief .
Old 01-07-2024, 08:21 PM   #4
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
mooby, what bothers me about this is nothing will happen. It will languish in Court and get kicked around they will admit they did it and pay big fines and penalties but the victims will never see one bit of relief .
I know. At least we can bitch about it though. Housing should be a fundamental right, but as long as real estate is subject to capitalism we're fucked. Politicians will just tell those affected to go get better jobs or say it's their own fault for voting liberal.
Old 01-12-2024, 07:58 AM   #5
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Trump says he got money from China and Saudi Arabia because he was “doing services” for them

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-go...161202767.html

Former President Donald Trump defended his businesses accepting payments from foreign governments during a Fox News town hall on Wednesday. The comments came in response to a Jan. 4 report from House Oversight Committee Democrats finding that the former president had received at least $7.8 million in payments from foreign governments, including China and Saudi Arabia, and their controlled entities while in office.

"That's a small amount of money. You know, it sounds like a lot of money. That's small," Trump said during the event. He went on to explain that the governments paid for accommodations at his hotels and clubs. "I was doing services for them. People were staying in these massive hotels, these beautiful hotels," Trump said, adding, "I don't get $8 million for doing nothing." Oversight Committee Democrats reported that Trump's businesses had raked in money from at least 20 countries, ranging "from the People's Republic of China to Saudi Arabia to the Democratic Republic of the Congo to Malaysia to Albania to Kosovo," which spent "often lavishly" for stays at his hotels in Washington, Las Vegas and New York or his apartments.

Receiving those payments violated the Constitution, according to the lawmakers. "President Trump never sought or received Congress's approval to keep these foreign payments, as the Constitution requires," the report said. Trump, the current frontrunner for the GOP nomination, was indicted on a total of 91 criminal charges, including falsifying business records and election interference, across two state and two federal cases.
Old 01-12-2024, 08:43 AM   #6
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Old 01-12-2024, 09:13 AM   #7
Giantone
Gamebreaker

anti Americans like you would turn a blind eye, we get it.
Old 01-12-2024, 09:24 AM   #8
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
anti Americans like you would turn a blind eye, we get it.
Old 01-12-2024, 09:35 AM   #9
Giantone
Gamebreaker

For once show some intelligence.
Old 01-12-2024, 09:38 AM   #10
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'm a huge fan of free-market capitalism but I'm also for huge punishments for people/companies/groups that fucking cheat the system, and give it a bad name, and collusion is about as bad as it gets.

Trump says he got money from China and Saudi Arabia because he was “doing services” for them

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-says-go...161202767.html

Former President Donald Trump defended his businesses accepting payments from foreign governments during a Fox News town hall on Wednesday. The comments came in response to a Jan. 4 report from House Oversight Committee Democrats finding that the former president had received at least $7.8 million in payments from foreign governments, including China and Saudi Arabia, and their controlled entities while in office.

SD.......you're a hypocrite.
Old 01-12-2024, 09:47 AM   #11
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We have plenty of articles to post Trump news. Can't we have 1 damn thread where your Trump obsession doesn't go to?
Old 01-12-2024, 04:17 PM   #12
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
We have plenty of articles to post Trump news. Can't we have 1 damn thread where your Trump obsession doesn't go to?
Not my fault he is so evil he can cover any thread, yes anyone. Are you saying he is not a sheister? Defend him ,please?