Advertisements
Old 01-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #17
doughtydoubter
Impact Rookie

Re: Redskins Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'd take any WR at this point.. They are all upgrades
Terrell Pryor and Andre Roberts' agents would like you to give them a call.
doughtydoubter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:42 PM   #18
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughtydoubter View Post
IF we could get Crabtree or Thomas i would dance a happy tune. I believe a good veteran WR that has some talent is going to help our soon to be drafted Rookie QB immensely. Although- i would still steadily try to keep drafting WRS.
i think there are other interior linemen out there that would be cheaper. I still think Long could be in the mix. Move him back to guard.
This is what I would like to see in 2018:

Williams--Long--Roullier--Scherff--Moses
Old 01-12-2018, 05:16 PM   #19
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
This is what I would like to see in 2018:

Williams--Long--Roullier--Scherff--Moses
Me too, but Long replaced with rookie/FA.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:18 PM   #20
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Me too, but Long replaced with rookie/FA.
Long's natural position is at G. I think he'd be solid there, and a definite upgrade from Luavo. I'd rather go after other positions in FA (WR, FS, ILB, NT come to mind).
Old 01-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #21
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Long's natural position is at G. I think he'd be solid there, and a definite upgrade from Luavo. I'd rather go after other positions in FA (WR, FS, ILB, NT come to mind).
Yeah he's better thab Luavo but I might be too lol. I'd be ok with Long but we can upgrade with a draft pick or FA (I'd prefer a middle pick or Q. Nelson whenever we could get him).
Old 01-12-2018, 05:28 PM   #22
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Yeah he's better thab Luavo but I might be too lol. I'd be ok with Long but we can upgrade with a draft pick or FA (I'd prefer a middle pick or Q. Nelson whenever we could get him).
Don't get me wrong -- not averse to picking up a G. I just think Long knows the offense, seems to click with our O-linemen, and at his natural position would enable us to focus on FAs where the need is greater than G.

I really hope we re-sign Zach Brown, or we really have major ILB needs. Foster is good against the run, but doesn't seem like a QB for the D. Compton seems an able QB on D, but his physical skills don't render him a good starter (and he's a FA anyway). Spaight is a work in progress. I keep wondering whether with Kerrigan and Smith locks at OLB whether there's any thought about Ryan Anderson moving inside (I realize they're different positions, but I wouldn't think his physical skills would be unsuited to ILB).

FS is a real need; Swearinger should be a SS. Nicholson certainly flashed, I am not sure he's quite ready for the full time role, and his rookie season had a number of injuries.

And our WR situation is not good -- I think Doctson does take the next step in 2018, but we need someone else (a burner, if possible) on the outside. I like Grant as a solid possession receiver. Would like to see what Mo Harris can do with an expanded role (that catch against the Vikes was sick). And I am very intrigued by Robert Davis' size -- would be great to see him step up and command some playing time. But I think our #2 WR for 2018 isn't on the roster yet.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:16 PM   #23
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Don't get me wrong -- not averse to picking up a G. I just think Long knows the offense, seems to click with our O-linemen, and at his natural position would enable us to focus on FAs where the need is greater than G.

I really hope we re-sign Zach Brown, or we really have major ILB needs. Foster is good against the run, but doesn't seem like a QB for the D. Compton seems an able QB on D, but his physical skills don't render him a good starter (and he's a FA anyway). Spaight is a work in progress. I keep wondering whether with Kerrigan and Smith locks at OLB whether there's any thought about Ryan Anderson moving inside (I realize they're different positions, but I wouldn't think his physical skills would be unsuited to ILB).

FS is a real need; Swearinger should be a SS. Nicholson certainly flashed, I am not sure he's quite ready for the full time role, and his rookie season had a number of injuries.

And our WR situation is not good -- I think Doctson does take the next step in 2018, but we need someone else (a burner, if possible) on the outside. I like Grant as a solid possession receiver. Would like to see what Mo Harris can do with an expanded role (that catch against the Vikes was sick). And I am very intrigued by Robert Davis' size -- would be great to see him step up and command some playing time. But I think our #2 WR for 2018 isn't on the roster yet.
My dream is Roquan Smith and Brown feasting sideline to sideline. I'd franchise tag Brown if we can't get long-term deal.

I agree regarding FS and WR.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:23 PM   #24
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
My dream is Roquan Smith and Brown feasting sideline to sideline. I'd franchise tag Brown if we can't get long-term deal.

I agree regarding FS and WR.
Now THAT would be something. Feel free to go over the middle, folks. You'll do that once.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:37 PM   #25
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:

So, do you think Doctson will be WR #1 ? I doubt it.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:06 PM   #26
MTK
\m/

Doctson certainly has the skills to be a true #1. Way too early to dismiss him.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:23 PM   #27
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
For whatever reason, I still think he's going to be a pro bowl caliber or better player. Hope I'm right. Its his 3rd year, usually when a lot of WRs start "getting it".
Old 01-12-2018, 09:25 PM   #28
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Doctson is the #77 ranked WR..... he has a long way to go to be a true #1 WR He caught less than 50% of his targeted throws. I hope he develops, but he is a big ?

https://fantasyfootballers.org/wr-wi...ver-nfl-stats/
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:13 PM   #29
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
He's a possession guy that drops the ball too much... not a good combo but we will see
Old 01-13-2018, 03:39 AM   #30
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

I would love to see Ryan Anderson move inside in a 4-3, picture this front 7 (/ = rotates with):

Smith/Galette/Murphy - Allen - Ioannidis/Lanier - Kerrigan

Ryan Anderson - Mason Foster - Zach Brown

Upgrade one or two spots with the FAs/draft picks of your choice and tell me you don't like this D !