Mel kiper just said the eagles will win the east smh lol

Advertisements
Old 04-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #77
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Draft wrap-up 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
We (still) have only one healthy, starting-caliber OT on the team, Trent. The rest of the guys either 1) suck 2) are coming off significant injury and long in the tooth 3) have shown absolutely nothing.

Right now, we're in the same position the Eagles were going into the 2012 season, they had one legitimate OT (Jason Peters) and when he went down the offense was done for the year.
Obviously they think they can get by with Polumbus. I would expect them to address RT in 2014. Remember, this was the 4th ranked scoring offense with Polumbus at RT.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #78
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
You know, Kiper is excellent at what he does which is evaluate college game tape, do great homework and background on them, excellent reporting from what he gets out of his sources about intangibles and project where they may go.

I don't think he knows squat about NFL rosters and depth charts from week to week (or even at this point). Not to knock him on that but he should stay in his lane.

When it comes to actual knowledge of the NFL, how teams match up and prognosticating where they will finish the season, I think I'd trust my mailman.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #79
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
We (still) have only one healthy, starting-caliber OT on the team, Trent. The rest of the guys either 1) suck 2) are coming off significant injury and long in the tooth 3) have shown absolutely nothing.

Right now, we're in the same position the Eagles were going into the 2012 season, they had one legitimate OT (Jason Peters) and when he went down the offense was done for the year.
What team did you watch last year? Cause I watched the one that led the NFL in rushing yards, 5th in total offense, 4th in scoring with a rookie QB, rookie RB, backup TE & without their #1 WR for 2+months.

I guess Kyle is a freaking genius to pull that off with 4 linemen that either 1) suck, 2) coming off significant injury and long in the tooth (no clue who you're referring to there) or 3) have shown absolutely nothing.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #80
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
What team did you watch last year? Cause I watched the one that led the NFL in rushing yards, 5th in total offense, 4th in scoring with a rookie QB, rookie RB, backup TE & without their #1 WR for 2+months.

I guess Kyle is a freaking genius to pull that off with 4 linemen that either 1) suck, 2) coming off significant injury and long in the tooth (no clue who you're referring to there) or 3) have shown absolutely nothing.
It's not even worth it.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #81
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
As funny as that may sound right now, he's not completely crazy.

I still think we win the east this year, but whenever you have a team with a major roster turnover and coaching change, you never know. Who saw the 49ers as a NFC West champion once they signed Harbaugh and signed Carlos, Whitner, Brooks? Who saw the 2006 Saints as NFC South Champs once they got Reggie Bush, Drew Brees and Sean Payton? Who saw the 2010 Seahawks at 7-9 with Pete Carroll winning that division (at 7-9) and upsetting Seattle in the playoffs? The point is we all are laughing at the Eagles because they were so awful last year, but they had lots of injuries. Getting some of those guys back and healthy and getting new players across the team at DB, LB, DL, OL, TE and now they are almost a whole new team. The question is Chip Kelly. Is he Harbaugh and Pete Carroll? Or is he a Schiano? Or is he a Bobby Petrino/Nick Saban? That is the big question mark.

They are a sleeper to win the East. But we are the favorites until RG3 and injuries say otherwise.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #82
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
It's not even worth it.
Haha I didn't even look to see what the post was, but I just knew it was by Goat (and I was right)
Old 04-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #83
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
You know, Kiper is excellent at what he does which is evaluate college game tape, do great homework and background on them, excellent reporting from what he gets out of his sources about intangibles and project where they may go.

I don't think he knows squat about NFL rosters and depth charts from week to week (or even at this point). Not to knock him on that but he should stay in his lane.

When it comes to actual knowledge of the NFL, how teams match up and prognosticating where they will finish the season, I think I'd trust my mailman.
Exactly
Old 04-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #84
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Our offense was elite despite pass protection, not because of it. Not that I think anyone here really think TP is a starting RT or that our line was any good at pass protection. (Every stat available says otherwise i.e. TP was rated the worst tackle in football, RG took more hits in the pocket than any QB etc etc).

Per Kiper, I think he's hung up on the fact the NFCE was extraordinarily weak last year. Eagles fell to pieces with injury and lack of focus. All but three starters of the Cowboys defense were injured, and some offensive guys as well. The Gmen had SB hangover. My guess is every analyst expects the division to be a lot tougher this year.

...but the Eagles? Really?
Old 04-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #85
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:

Our first prediction of the year for Offensive production is in......Book It!
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #86
MTK
\m/

So lets get back to some real analysis

Thoughts and observations: Jordan Reed | WashingtonExaminer.com
Old 04-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #87
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:

Our interior line is the best in our division and one the best in the NFC. I dont know what people expect from offensive lines. Monty had one of his best seasons and should of made the pro bowl
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #88
MTK
\m/

CAMPBELL: Redskins' 2013 draft sees needs filled without the urgency - Washington Times
Old 04-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #89
donofriose
The Starter

In the NFC east teams don't repeat as champions. I think the last time a team repeated was when the eagles went to 4 straight NFC championship games which feels like a very long time ago. To be honest how many people outside of the redskins fan base had the skins winning it this year. I wouldn't count anytime out of winning it just based off last years record
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #90
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Our interior line is the best in our division and one the best in the NFC. I dont know what people expect from offensive lines. Monty had one of his best seasons and should of made the pro bowl
This is true of run-blocking. Couldn't be further from the truth of pass-blocking.

Pass blocking in the division (last year):

Giants
Cowboys
Redskins
Eagles

And again, the Eagles were done offensively when Peters season ended, otherwise we'd have been at the bottom for pass-blocking.