Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Hawks pre game thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-04-2017, 08:34 PM   #61
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Hawks pre game thread

Need cousins to have his defining moment for a win. Can’t run, can’t block, and pass receivers are struggling. Cousins gonna have to lift this team. Need a big play on defense and special teams as well

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-04-2017, 08:53 PM   #62
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Crowder didn't even travel with the team...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:01 PM   #63
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Crowder didn't even travel with the team...
I don't get that either, lacks leadership IMO. Idk I just have a bad feeling about the rest of this season, like a 6-10 finish and Jay let go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2017, 10:43 PM   #64
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I don't get that either, lacks leadership IMO. Idk I just have a bad feeling about the rest of this season, like a 6-10 finish and Jay let go

Maybe it's for health reasons, no reason for Crowder to fly cross country just to stand on the sidelines.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:44 PM   #65
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Don't forget Kirk walks. True square one.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:32 AM   #66
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Need cousins to have his defining moment for a win. Can’t run, can’t block, and pass receivers are struggling. Cousins gonna have to lift this team. Need a big play on defense and special teams as well
Name even ONE game this year that the special teams made a positive difference. I can name four, more than half the games, where they made negative plays that contributed to a loss.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:01 AM   #67
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah I will say all of the big time QBs have won games where they had to carry the team with injuries to victory. Wilson has, cam has, brees, list goes on. It's time for Kirk to carry us for a game or 2.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:48 AM   #68
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Yeah I will say all of the big time QBs have won games where they had to carry the team with injuries to victory. Wilson has, cam has, brees, list goes on. It's time for Kirk to carry us for a game or 2.

I like Kirk but I don't believe that he can carry a team which is what prevents him from becoming an elite QB.

Also, Kirk has been the king of egregious 4th quarter interceptions and I'm starting to believe that it spells C-H-O-K-E-R.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:23 AM   #69
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:

If you look at the remaining games on our schedule, many people would say the two giants games, and possibly the cardinals are our only remaining wins. But if you dig deeper and look at our injuries and everything, we might only win one of the giants game, possibly neither. That spells out 4-12, but if the wheels totally fall off, we could tank and go 3-13 and i would say there is a real possibility Gruden and company are fired.

Cousins might be tagged for one more season so that they could leave it up to the new HC to see if he wants to keep him around, OR, Snyder and Allen want him gone since he is part of the whole Shanahan/Gruden/RG3 disaster and they just let him slip into free agency..

Before criticizing me, look at the way our offense is performing, and look at the injuries, and tell me how many teams do you think we can beat the rest of this season? I say one or two more wins max. 7-9 is the best case scenario but i don't think we get that many wins with this group.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:43 AM   #70
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
If you look at the remaining games on our schedule, many people would say the two giants games, and possibly the cardinals are our only remaining wins. But if you dig deeper and look at our injuries and everything, we might only win one of the giants game, possibly neither. That spells out 4-12, but if the wheels totally fall off, we could tank and go 3-13 and i would say there is a real possibility Gruden and company are fired.

Cousins might be tagged for one more season so that they could leave it up to the new HC to see if he wants to keep him around, OR, Snyder and Allen want him gone since he is part of the whole Shanahan/Gruden/RG3 disaster and they just let him slip into free agency..

Before criticizing me, look at the way our offense is performing, and look at the injuries, and tell me how many teams do you think we can beat the rest of this season? I say one or two more wins max. 7-9 is the best case scenario but i don't think we get that many wins with this group.
If we lose bad today, I can definitely see a huge drop the rest of the season.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:44 AM   #71
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post

We'll get some of them back, and even in the Dallas game with 4 starting OL out and one banged up, we kept it close up until the end.

I say we could use Kouandjio, he played well every time we plugged him in, he was the highest graded OL in Cooley's last film breakdown.

And Catalina should improve at least a little bit from what we saw in his first ever NFL start coming back from concussion.

The Hawks defense really isn't that good.
I'm not saying I really expect a win today, but even with the injuries, I don't think we're looking at an 0-9 or 1-8 team.

I do agree 8-8 is the ceiling now.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:00 AM   #72
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Stats wise, of our remaining opponents, our offense (14th) currently ranks ahead of: the Giants, Chargers, Cardinals and Broncos. The Vikings are one spot ahead of us.

Our D (12th) ranks ahead of: the Giants, Cardinals, Saints, Chargers, Seahawks and Cowboys.

I know stats don't mean much, but I actually think this is were we stand: a middle of the pack team that can compete with almost anyone when healthy, and whose end of the season will be really tough due to injuries.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #73
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I want to go out and watch the game, but I have 100% confidence I'll drink a lot of beer, and 0% confidence we'll win. And I don't feel like being drunk and pissed off. Conundrum.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote