Around the NFL Week 2

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-17-2019, 05:45 PM   #106
Warthog
The Starter

Around the NFL Week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
You open a new can...love it. Strahan from the same run is already in the HOF. So yeah, you can toss that D Line in.

The others (not named Brady) are named Montana, Starr and Bradshaw.

All this talk about Eli and the Hall when what I am most worried about is what if Gettleman was right and Daniel Jones just SHREDS the NFC East this year.

Yeah, Daniel Jones surprises everyone by doing well. Meanwhile, the “pamper our new QB” crowd will be happy to see Case Keenum win 5 Games and have Haskins ride the pine all season because he might face a real pass rush. He might even get tackled! The horror.

If Haskins sits out one season, why not two, because the OL is in transition and it’s a new playbook next year?Players learn SO MUCH from the sidelines. He also can’t get hurt if they doesn’t play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2019, 05:59 PM   #107
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Around the NFL Week 2

Quote:
There are 5 players that have won more than 1 Super Bowl MVP. The other 4 are in the HOF. The 5th is Eli.

There are 3 HOF QBs that are in the hall without a winning record. Eli would make it 4.

Agree that his regular season is pedestrian at best. But his post season runs are damn near historic. He may not get in first ballot. But I think he gets in.
Without looking it up and knowing the quarterback often wins the SB MVP I would think the 4 would be the crowd that has quarterbacked 3 or more SB wins. Brady, Bradshaw, Montana and Aikman. How many did I get right?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:58 PM   #108
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Yeah, Daniel Jones surprises everyone by doing well. Meanwhile, the “pamper our new QB” crowd will be happy to see Case Keenum win 5 Games and have Haskins ride the pine all season because he might face a real pass rush. He might even get tackled! The horror.

If Haskins sits out one season, why not two, because the OL is in transition and it’s a new playbook next year?Players learn SO MUCH from the sidelines. He also can’t get hurt if they doesn’t play!

I wouldnt mind Haskins getting in this year,but I would like to have him sit for a while.Cleveland ruined many a qbs sticking them in there right away,Texans did it with Carr,theres always exceptions but skins are cursed
Old 09-18-2019, 06:21 AM   #109
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I wouldnt mind Haskins getting in this year,but I would like to have him sit for a while.Cleveland ruined many a qbs sticking them in there right away,Texans did it with Carr,theres always exceptions but skins are cursed
I would argue that the QBs in Clev were not any good to begin with. Same w/ Carr. Haskins will get in there at some point. Especially when the losses keep piling up.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:19 AM   #110
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post

I think it really boils down to the fact that they thought (still think) they can compete and win now, and Case gives them a better chance to do that right now. It's not a matter of them being afraid he will get tackled.

Giants made the same decision, only they think their rookie gives them the best chance.

I happen to agree with both teams' decisions.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:40 AM   #111
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Favre was a unique circumstance, he also led the league in a whole bunch of career categories when he retired. Eli doesn't have that.
What about Namath?
Old 09-18-2019, 08:44 AM   #112
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Without looking it up and knowing the quarterback often wins the SB MVP I would think the 4 would be the crowd that has quarterbacked 3 or more SB wins. Brady, Bradshaw, Montana and Aikman. How many did I get right?
Close.... Brady, Montana, Bradshaw, Starr.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #113
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
What about Namath?
I was waiting for someone to say something about Namath.
1 Super Bowl win. And had a career sub-500 winning record.

Still, he gets a Gold Jacket.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:54 AM   #114
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I think it really boils down to the fact that they thought (still think) they can compete and win now, and Case gives them a better chance to do that right now. It's not a matter of them being afraid he will get tackled.

Giants made the same decision, only they think their rookie gives them the best chance.

I happen to agree with both teams' decisions.
I think Jones will get slayed. Problem with G-Men is not entirely with the QB. The receiving core is decimated. Coleman - knee, out for season Shepard - concussion protocol, Tate - suspended, Slayton - hamstring Latimer - calf injury.

And the defense is just not good. If the fans are thinking Jones is their messiah, they are in for a huge let down.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #115
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I don't think Namath gets in if he plays now. He was a star in the AFL and at the time an important piece of the pie to the merger.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:19 AM   #116
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I think Jones will get slayed. Problem with G-Men is not entirely with the QB. The receiving core is decimated. Coleman - knee, out for season Shepard - concussion protocol, Tate - suspended, Slayton - hamstring Latimer - calf injury.

And the defense is just not good. If the fans are thinking Jones is their messiah, they are in for a huge let down.

Eli was kept for a reason and that was to see ...1) if the O line will hold up and protect and they seem to be doing just that ,now they feel they can put Jones back there and not have him killed. 2) to help train and prepare Jones for the NFL ...when it comes to reading D's and calling out protections Eli is one of the best. Another reason is that the Giants have way to many rookies on their defense and while they showed modest improvement ...they can not stop a cold, no pass rush . the Giants might pull another 3-13 but in a rebuild mode . Give the kid the experience and let him learn.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:41 AM   #117
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
I was waiting for someone to say something about Namath.
1 Super Bowl win. And had a career sub-500 winning record.

Still, he gets a Gold Jacket.
He also had a 4,000 yard season and two 3,000 yard seasons when the average QB threw for around 1500.

He got a lot of mileage out of a big Super Bowl upset win and a few big seasons passing yards wise. He also was plagued by bad knees from his college days, he missed games in more than half the seasons he played.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #118
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I don't think Namath gets in if he plays now. He was a star in the AFL and at the time an important piece of the pie to the merger.
He was basically beat to hell and a physical wreck by the time he hit 27. The way they protect QBs now he might have stayed at his peak a lot longer.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:54 AM   #119
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...uxD?li=BBnb7Kz

With all the injuries Kaepernick's agent is calling teams and of course left wing media outlets are ripping into them for not signing him. They all seem to ignore the fact he was exposed as a one hit wonder by defenses long before he started kneeling. He also had a lot of other issues besides the kneeling. He has been out of the league for 2 years+. Jimmy Garapolo took the team Kap was 1-10 with and finished up the next year 5-0. What does that tell you? The guy isn't very good. He is in the Sanchez and JJ class, but the USA Today's of the world build him up.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:56 AM   #120
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Noah Spence to Washington. Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ow-start-front