The Too Soon 2022 NFL Draft Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-01-2021, 07:41 PM   #76
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: The Too Soon 2022 NFL Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Over the last 4 weeks (all losses) the team has averaged a whopping 13PPG..

Draft Offense
They have made multiple Redzone trips, long sustained drives mixing run and pass effectively, only to stop running inside the 20. That has nothing to do with players - that is play calling. They also have backups on their offensive line.

The defense still is giving up over 300 per game I believe.

Most critical need - qb, after that both sides need help.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-02-2021, 02:00 AM   #77
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

Draft Offense
Don't tie yourself to a position what happens when there is no one worthy of your pick at the position you targeted?
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 02:02 AM   #78
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

Draft Offense

Oh and about 90% of the limited scoring can be laid at the feet of coaching decisions.
Old 11-02-2021, 02:05 AM   #79
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
They have made multiple Redzone trips, long sustained drives mixing run and pass effectively, only to stop running inside the 20. That has nothing to do with players - that is play calling. They also have backups on their offensive line.

QB maybe the most critical need but drafting one in the 1st in 2022 would lead us to drafting another one in the 1st in 2023 or 2024.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:44 AM   #80
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I've looked at our last 3 drafts and the more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion our single biggest mistake in the last 3 years was picking Haskins. Thanks Dan. Had we had a stronger HC (RR?) back then we'd probably never have taken him and instead bided our time to 2020 (the 2019 QB pool was pretty awful aside from Murray).

For me, without the benefit of hindsight, I'd have taken Burns instead, or traded back a few places and taken Fant or Savage (maybe one of the OT's that went next?). That would have addressed TE or S, and left us to pick up a new QB in 2020.

2020 would have depended on how well we did without DH. Say Allen had been starting instead, maybe we'd have had a better record but I doubt it. Assuming we'd still have a top 5 record, then it becomes easier to bypass Young and take Tua or Herbert. Picking 5th would have been ideal as Herbert would likely have fallen into our lap.

Then 2020 season could easily have had us a) winning the division with maybe 10-6 instead of 7-9 record and b) maybe getting someone like Darrisaw to protect Herbert, or if he'd slipped, Davis anyway. Then we'd likely be having a very similar draft to what we actually did.

I know it's ifs and buts, however, it's clear had we not picked DH we'd have every chance of being in a much better position now. Just wish DS would see that and realise he should keep his nose out of draft affairs (if not anything else to do with the roster makeup).
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 09:51 AM   #81
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

It has to do with the lack of red zone targets (big WR) and QB with a lackluster arm and accuracy.. It's not always on the coaches, yeah Scott has some bonehead calls but he's also limited with what he has. Terry is the only legit weapon and teams know that..
Old 11-02-2021, 09:53 AM   #82
MTK
\m/

TH sucks in the RZ. That's the one area of the field where being indecisive and inaccurate will absolutely kill you.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:57 AM   #83
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
I've looked at our last 3 drafts and the more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion our single biggest mistake in the last 3 years was picking Haskins. Thanks Dan. Had we had a stronger HC (RR?) back then we'd probably never have taken him and instead bided our time to 2020 (the 2019 QB pool was pretty awful aside from Murray).

For me, without the benefit of hindsight, I'd have taken Burns instead, or traded back a few places and taken Fant or Savage (maybe one of the OT's that went next?). That would have addressed TE or S, and left us to pick up a new QB in 2020.

2020 would have depended on how well we did without DH. Say Allen had been starting instead, maybe we'd have had a better record but I doubt it. Assuming we'd still have a top 5 record, then it becomes easier to bypass Young and take Tua or Herbert. Picking 5th would have been ideal as Herbert would likely have fallen into our lap.

Then 2020 season could easily have had us a) winning the division with maybe 10-6 instead of 7-9 record and b) maybe getting someone like Darrisaw to protect Herbert, or if he'd slipped, Davis anyway. Then we'd likely be having a very similar draft to what we actually did.

I know it's ifs and buts, however, it's clear had we not picked DH we'd have every chance of being in a much better position now. Just wish DS would see that and realise he should keep his nose out of draft affairs (if not anything else to do with the roster makeup).
And the ripple effect from taking Haskins was trading back into the 1st rd for Sweat and giving up two 2nd rounders in the process.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:02 AM   #84
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
TH sucks in the RZ. That's the one area of the field where being indecisive and inaccurate will absolutely kill you.
Right, so Turner is limited on what he can call... You can't call pass plays that require tight window throws with TH.. In the RZ, that is 90% of the throws you have to make.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:47 AM   #85
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
True, I think Turner sux their too. While Turner doesn’t deserve the grief he’s gotten…I do think he hasn’t done enough in red zone strat and ops to get it done

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 10:49 AM   #86
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Right, so Turner is limited on what he can call... You can't call pass plays that require tight window throws with TH.. In the RZ, that is 90% of the throws you have to make.
He’s calling pass plays because he loves the TH run threat there…yet doesn’t call design QB runs which would benefit the offense there and add another wrinkle for d coordinators to think about

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 10:53 AM   #87
MTK
\m/

Execution hasn't exactly been crisp in the RZ either. TH going down at the one, Terry dropping an easy TD, shit like that doesn't help either.
Old 11-02-2021, 11:03 AM   #88
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
QB maybe the most critical need but drafting one in the 1st in 2022 would lead us to drafting another one in the 1st in 2023 or 2024.
So what?! They have to keep trying at QB until something works.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:09 AM   #89
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
So what?! They have to keep trying at QB until something works.
yep give me Corrall or Willis
Old 11-02-2021, 05:29 PM   #90
EdmundDorf
The Starter

With Lions likely to be picking first, the Giants with 2 high first rounders and the Eagles with three, two of which will be high, it is more than probable that WFT wont even get a look in on the top quarterbacks unless they are in the top 3 or 4 picks
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote