Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-07-2019, 11:56 PM   #1
Warthog
The Starter

Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Haskin’s is the last elite QB from the 2019 draft to be played by his team. Even with the change of the HC after five games, or its 0-5 season, it may be possible that Haskins may not play this season. The Redskin’s leadership continues to think that even though the team may win only 1-2 games this season, it is more beneficial to play QB losers such as Case Keenum (6 turnovers over the last 6 quarters of play) or Colt McCoy (119 passing yds and 60 QB rating in his debut against the Patriots). Will the Redskin’s lack of confidence in Haskins NOW; or perhaps its over-protectiveness cause Haskin’s to leave later?

The arguments against Haskins playing this season:
1. He’s not ready
2. Our poor OL will stunt his growth
3. He’ll have a new HC next year

These arguments overlook one major point: the longer the team DOESN’T play him, the more ANGER and FRUSTRATION he will build toward the franchise. Other losing franchises, such as the Giants, are taking a chance on their rookie QB. Why aren’t we? Haskins Also learned that Gruden didn’t want to draft him. There is some suspicion that Gruden may have thrown Haskins into the Bear’s game, in a totally unprepared condition, in order to get him to fail (Gruden’s attempt to get BA and Snyder to fire him?). Weekly, Haskins watches NFL cast off QB’s like Keenum and McCoy get game experience that he desperately needs. Then these two PERFORM POORLY and lose badly.

The same conditions and treatment ultimately were a MAJOR reason that Kirk Cousins wanted to be traded at the end of his contract. Will Haskin’s leave the team in 5 years because of how he is being treated now? Will the lack of confidence and preparation this season hurt his performance later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-08-2019, 12:34 AM   #2
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

He’s not ready, did you watch the Giants game? On the Golic and Wingo show today, some football scouts and execs say it will probably take a year or 2 for him to be ready. I say leave it to the coaches who see him practice and not some impatient fan/fans who want to see him play.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:56 AM   #3
Warthog
The Starter

Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
He’s not ready, did you watch the Giants game? On the Golic and Wingo show today, some football scouts and execs say it will probably take a year or 2 for him to be ready. I say leave it to the coaches who see him practice and not some impatient fan/fans who want to see him play.

Haskins had no first team reps the ENTIRE preseason. He has had no reps at all this season. You can’t take a rookie with zero time with the guys he going to play with and throw him into the middle of a game. A FAIR representation of his current talent would be to give him a week to prepare for the Bears team with first team reps and see how he does.

BTW, Peyton MANNING has a 3 INT day his rookie year. Haskins needs experience playing in real games, not watching Case Keenum have 5 turnovers in one game. Or see Colt pass for 119 yds against the Pats. The team is wasting valuable game experience in a horrible season. Why are we the only team to NOT play its rookie QB?

Flyboy.

Old 10-08-2019, 01:07 AM   #4
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Cause he started 10 college games vs 38 games for Daniel Jones in a pro style offense. He’s not ready!! In the old days QB’s sat for 2, 3 years or longer.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:22 AM   #5
Warthog
The Starter

This isn’t the old days. In the early 2000’s we drafted a QB named Jason Campbell in the first round and he was projected to be the new “franchise QB”. He sat for over 1.5 seasons. He eventually was a bust for the team after playing three years.

Sitting a player doesn’t guarantee the OL will be better next year. It doesn’t guarantee he will learn much or be a better QB. He needs GAME experience AND getting reps with the first team - give it to him in this terrible team season.

Flyboy.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:29 AM   #6
DYoungJelly
The Starter

He was drafted way too high. He's not ready to play but ...

Daniel Jones literally came in mid game and performed in the scenario you described.

He should play to see if we draft another QB in the 1st in 2020.

You described him as elite. What's your evidence he's elite?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2019, 06:49 AM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
He was drafted way too high. He's not ready to play but ...

Daniel Jones literally came in mid game and performed in the scenario you described.

He should play to see if we draft another QB in the 1st in 2020.

You described him as elite. What's your evidence he's elite?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Why you would spend the 15 pick on a project QB? Complete mismanagement

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:14 AM   #8
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Cause he started 10 college games vs 38 games for Daniel Jones in a pro style offense. He’s not ready!! In the old days QB’s sat for 2, 3 years or longer.
13 and Kyler Murray started 14 so that whole he only started 13 games argument is just foolish talk to me. If they cant tailor a gameplan for this kid to play a game against a team that is ACTIVELY TRYING TO LOSE in Miami then why did we draft him?

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:26 AM   #9
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Why you would spend the 15 pick on a project QB? Complete mismanagement
They spent a 15 pick on a project QB because Snyder's son was friends with Haskins at Bullis HS. That's how this organization operates. The coach wants first round picks who can play right away while ownership drafts family friends. That's why no coach will succeed here.

I heard on one of the DC sports talk shows that multiple teams had Haskins projected as a third round pick. I don't think he was going to go that low but he was definitely over-drafted at 15.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:47 AM   #10
J. Falcon
The Starter

If we hadn't drafted Haskins with the 15 pick this year, just imagine the fan reaction.
J. Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:48 AM   #11
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Give him this season but he needs to play at some point, guys get better on the field in todays league, I would wait until the last 4-5 games then play him
Old 10-08-2019, 07:50 AM   #12
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I do believe that you can give him 30- 40 plays and go with that. You can go w/ plays he ran at Ohio State. He ain't ready for the full play book but you can gameplan for plays he's comfortable with. If he struggles then put in the Case or Colt.

Haskins is most likely going to fail here anyway. It's just not a place for a young QB to be successful in. A new coach is going to come in and be forced to work w/ him. That is how dysfunction starts, a la RG3 and Jay. A new coach most likely will want to bring in his own guy, play his own guy.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:51 AM   #13
J. Falcon
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
They spent a 15 pick on a project QB because Snyder's son was friends with Haskins at Bullis HS. That's how this organization operates. The coach wants first round picks who can play right away while ownership drafts family friends. That's why no coach will succeed here.

I heard on one of the DC sports talk shows that multiple teams had Haskins projected as a third round pick. I don't think he was going to go that low but he was definitely over-drafted at 15.
I dont get where these "reports" are coming from all of a sudden. I remember back during the draft - and especially right after - many were touting Haskins as perhaps the best QB in this year's draft.
J. Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:53 AM   #14
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
13 and Kyler Murray started 14 so that whole he only started 13 games argument is just foolish talk to me. If they cant tailor a gameplan for this kid to play a game against a team that is ACTIVELY TRYING TO LOSE in Miami then why did we draft him?
Word.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:57 AM   #15
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

John Clayton was saying that Jay did indeed like Haskins but said he was not his first choice that Daniel Jones was actually his #1 QB in the draft.