Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Summertime BBQ

Parking Lot

Old 08-08-2020, 07:29 PM   #1
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Summertime BBQ

Its amazing how funk nasty grills get. Just cleaned mine and it was absolutely nasty. It was fun to clean it though. Something I could do by myself while having some brewskies, social distancing, and listening to my favorite songs.

Clean grill is like a new grill. That 1st steak gets the most amazing grill marks.

You can talk about anything grilling/BBQing here. But I always like to throw out at least 1 question.

Not including steak, what is your favorite thing to grill? I love grilled corn on the cob.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-08-2020, 09:36 PM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Summertime BBQ

I just bbq up some 33 year old prime pus

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 01:01 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Whew..aight saw this thread before and wanted to bookmark now that I have more time

You want just solid meal? Burgers are always a staple...the most important tip is this, meat. Go ground round 85/15 for best flavor. You need to get the grill going first with good balance burning charcoal...i use a Weber chimney to light and dump hot burning fuel in the grill.....oh if you doing gas piss off...charcoal rules.

I love cheeseburgers on the Charcoal grill. Fuckin ‘Merica

He Gets Us
Old 08-09-2020, 08:12 AM   #4
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Its amazing how funk nasty grills get. Just cleaned mine and it was absolutely nasty. It was fun to clean it though. Something I could do by myself while having some brewskies, social distancing, and listening to my favorite songs.

Clean grill is like a new grill. That 1st steak gets the most amazing grill marks.

You can talk about anything grilling/BBQing here. But I always like to throw out at least 1 question.

Not including steak, what is your favorite thing to grill? I love grilled corn on the cob.
Got to ask , Gas or Charcoal? I like Charcoal but the gas is easier for the Mrs to do when I'm not here . Been reading up on the new wood pellet grills and would love to hear from anyone who has one!
Old 08-09-2020, 11:04 AM   #5
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Got to ask , Gas or Charcoal? I like Charcoal but the gas is easier for the Mrs to do when I'm not here . Been reading up on the new wood pellet grills and would love to hear from anyone who has one!
I live in a condo complex. Not even allowed to have charcoal. But I agree, gas is just easier in general, so that's what I'll probably always have regardless.
Old 08-15-2020, 08:57 PM   #6
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I live in a condo complex. Not even allowed to have charcoal. But I agree, gas is just easier in general, so that's what I'll probably always have regardless.
I hear ya...my wife and I live in a Condo building that does not allow any grills what so ever. So I get my grilled meat fix when my Father-In-Law uses his grill!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2020, 11:51 PM   #7
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
I hear ya...my wife and I live in a Condo building that does not allow any grills what so ever. So I get my grilled meat fix when my Father-In-Law uses his grill!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Damn, no grills? That's gotta be unconstitutional lol. Good for your wife. Easier for her to convince you to go over there.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:10 PM   #8
SunnySide
Playmaker

I usually try to grill/roast something on Sundays. Got football on etc

This Sunday grilled some tandoori chicken thighs I had marinated over night. Lots of spices and herbs, can get a bit expensive but its worth it as it tastes like good indian restaurant quality.

I was worried the marinade coating might burn before the chicken was done so I tried to keep the coals in check by keeping the cover on and not get a lot of flames ..even though I wanted some of that beautiful charcoal char on there. I went all tender foot on the grill.

What I learned .... do not worry about a tandoori style marinade burning .. its not sugar based. Next time I am going to go hot and hard with the flames and get a good grill looking char on both sides for about 3 mins each side ... then put the lid on, kill the coals a good bit and let the smoke flavor seep in.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:16 PM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Charcoal all day both my smoker and my grill.

He Gets Us
Old 10-06-2020, 02:03 PM   #10
SunnySide
Playmaker

For now, I am charcoal. Gas is nice for quick dinner stuff after work and racing against a setting sun etc. but you cant beat charcoal.

Im doing both - gas and charcoal - once I buy my single family home in a year or two.

The Eggs sound awesome but im hesitant to drop $800 for a charcoal grill.