Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Cards Pregame Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2020, 11:53 AM   #46
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,785
Re: Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So Saahdiq Charles wasn’t listed on injury report? I’m assuming he is practicing?

Would like to see him out there soon...can’t be worse than Christian
Yeah we need him because Christian was straight toast on Sunday , like every snap he was beat damn near. That's why the grades are legit guys
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2020, 12:00 PM   #47
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,463
Re: Cards Pregame Thread

Saahdiq Charles, who missed most of TC ... is no where close to ready for live bullets imo. Maybe like week 8 if he stays healthy.
__________________
“get in your book and study”
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:29 PM   #48
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,706
Re: Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Saahdiq Charles, who missed most of TC ... is no where close to ready for live bullets imo. Maybe like week 8 if he stays healthy.
Week 8?

Where did you get that nugget?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:33 PM   #49
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,184
Re: Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Week 8?

Where did you get that nugget?
Cause he’s so far behind, hardly practiced in camp, was hurt most of it.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:44 PM   #50
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,463
Re: Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Week 8?

Where did you get that nugget?
Just my guess.

Like SF said, no TC, has been injured with a calf injury which could linger ... and is just participating in practice now but the regular season has started so he isnt getting any 1st team reps and if youre not getting 1st team reps .. youre doing like scout team participation and not part of installing the weekly game plan.

Hes well behind schedule. Theres 2 better options in front of him as well (at this moment). I want to see Lucas honestly.

edit - bye week is week 8 as well. He should get some starts by seasons end. I imagine geron, Lucas and Charles will all get some starts. So we should see him in action but no need to throw a 4th rounder, who needs to learn the playbook and add strength, into the fire when we have some vets who can buy some time.

edit to the edit -- I think perhaps he might get his first action as a G if Martin doesnt step up or Scherff gets hurt.
__________________
“get in your book and study”
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:57 PM   #51
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 12,184
Re: Cards Pregame Thread

Here’s what Ron just said:

Ron Rivera says Washington has a “ways to go” on offense and that it could take until 2021 until everything looks all the way there

I think he’s being cautious and the O will do better as the season progresses.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:12 PM   #52
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,373
Re: Cards Pregame Thread

Hard to get a rookie up to speed during the season especially with having no camp experience. Charles could be on the shelf until 2021 unless there are a lot of injuries.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:54 PM   #53
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 16,813
Re: Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Saahdiq Charles, who missed most of TC ... is no where close to ready for live bullets imo. Maybe like week 8 if he stays healthy.
We are not playing in Week 8.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 03:14 PM   #54
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,463
Talking Re: Cards Pregame Thread

__________________
“get in your book and study”
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:25 PM   #55
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,457
Re: Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Here’s what Ron just said:

Ron Rivera says Washington has a “ways to go” on offense and that it could take until 2021 until everything looks all the way there

I think he’s being cautious and the O will do better as the season progresses.
I thought everyone here understood that it would take a few seasons to build a contender. Then we won our first game and...
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:27 PM   #56
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,706
Re: Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Just my guess.

Like SF said, no TC, has been injured with a calf injury which could linger ... and is just participating in practice now but the regular season has started so he isnt getting any 1st team reps and if youre not getting 1st team reps .. youre doing like scout team participation and not part of installing the weekly game plan.

Hes well behind schedule. Theres 2 better options in front of him as well (at this moment). I want to see Lucas honestly.

edit - bye week is week 8 as well. He should get some starts by seasons end. I imagine geron, Lucas and Charles will all get some starts. So we should see him in action but no need to throw a 4th rounder, who needs to learn the playbook and add strength, into the fire when we have some vets who can buy some time.

edit to the edit -- I think perhaps he might get his first action as a G if Martin doesnt step up or Scherff gets hurt.
Ok, I thought you might have seen/heard that somewhere, that's why I asked.

That all makes sense unless Geron becomes a weekly turnstile... then if Saahdiq is healthy, I believe they have to start working him in if they haven't already...assuming he's the next best option - which he may not be like you said.

Maybe Geron and Wes will improve this week...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:28 PM   #57
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,863
Re: Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Ok, I thought you might have seen/heard that somewhere, that's why I asked.

That all makes sense unless Geron becomes a weekly turnstile... then if Saahdiq is healthy, I believe they have to start working him in if they haven't already...assuming he's the next best option - which he may not be like you said.

Maybe Geron and Wes will improve this week...
Against Chandler Jones? I sure hope so lol.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:50 PM   #58
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,706
Re: Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Against Chandler Jones? I sure hope so lol.
Ha! Good point.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:00 PM   #59
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,684
Cards Pregame Thread

I cannot even make a prediction on this game. I honestly do not know how good we are or aren’t. Are the Eagles terrible? Is our offense terrible? It benefited in a big way from field position, and apparently the left side of the line was atrocious in week one. Our run game was pathetic. Sims was a non factor. Haskins was inaccurate. Than again Haskins didn’t turn it over or get his ass handed to him. McLaurin looks like he picked up right where he left off. Did Logan Thomas block well? We did score 27 points regardless of field position.
I can honestly see us scoring 3 or 30?
Our defense I believe in but man Murray and Hopkins are lethal. I can see us giving up 3 or 30.

So my prediction is we either win or lose 30-3.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:17 PM   #60
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 18,401
Re: Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I cannot even make a prediction on this game. I honestly do not know how good we are or aren’t. Are the Eagles terrible? Is our offense terrible? It benefited in a big way from field position, and apparently the left side of the line was atrocious in week one. Our run game was pathetic. Sims was a non factor. Haskins was inaccurate. Than again Haskins didn’t turn it over or get his ass handed to him. McLaurin looks like he picked up right where he left off. Did Logan Thomas block well? We did score 27 points regardless of field position.
I can honestly see us scoring 3 or 30?
Our defense I believe in but man Murray and Hopkins are lethal. I can see us giving up 3 or 30.

So my prediction is we either win or lose 30-3.
This is how I feel, not sure about the 30 points but I love this match up to see where we stand.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.39192 seconds with 10 queries