Government shutdown 2018

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-30-2018, 06:18 PM   #121
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Government shutdown 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Its amazing how now some want to pin the Trump administration as somehow responsible for the Russian attempts of influence of the elections and the DNC hacking...this is the responsibility of the Obama Administration, the Obama State Department and the Obama intelligence agencies. All failed. So own it.

More evidence of Trump completely bashing any narrative of soften of policy towards Russian influence:

Putin: US took 'hostile step' in publishing Russia list - ABC News

Putin: US took 'hostile step' in publishing Russia list.
That's fine, we can blame it on Obama if you want to feel better. How does that solve the problem?

S/N how does Trump not enforcing sanctions after Congress voted 98-2 to sanction Russia help as well? The one thing we managed to make Congress agree upon and yet it still won't go into action lol.

Advertisements
Old 01-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #122
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

It's a ridiculous notion to think that somehow Russia has been let off the hook by Pres. Trump, any more than when HC called for a reset

or Pres. Obama told them off camera that he would be in a better position to help after the election.

It's always a fine line with Russia, you want them to be good actors, and you offer carrots for that behaviour, but you also have to call them out when they do stupid shit. So far, in my opinion, he has not acted way out of line of past state actors.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:56 AM   #123
Giantone
Gamebreaker

None of that answers' Mooby's question though.

"That's fine, we can blame it on Obama if you want to feel better. How does that solve the problem?

S/N how does Trump not enforcing sanctions after Congress voted 98-2 to sanction Russia help as well? The one thing we managed to make Congress agree upon and yet it still won't go into action lol."
Old 01-31-2018, 02:47 PM   #124
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
None of that answers' Mooby's question though.

"That's fine, we can blame it on Obama if you want to feel better. How does that solve the problem?

S/N how does Trump not enforcing sanctions after Congress voted 98-2 to sanction Russia help as well? The one thing we managed to make Congress agree upon and yet it still won't go into action lol."
my post was after as Mooby's (fact check: True but needs context, his was at 618, and mine was at 619, likely we were both typing our responses at the same time and I didn't see his before I posted mine)

Nothing solves it now. Except getting politics out of the upper echelons of our legal system and letting the FBI and DOJ focus on protecting the country not their preferred politicians.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote