Debating with the enemy

Old 01-19-2017, 04:20 PM   #16
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: What would it take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
My big 3 -
1) failing to repeal the Affordable Care Act - while a replace option at some point could be added, the repeal is the higher priority to me. For my family, I would be content going back to the health care of the past, at least I could afford that. (selfish bastard that I am that I want to be able to cover myself and my kids first).
DO you actually think repealing the ACA is going to lower your costs? You sir have been duped into buying fools gold. Here is a spoiler for you. It's not. In fact, it's going to rise and rise fast. As noted in the article below, those uninsured health costs are going to have to absorbed by somebody. Those somebodies are you and me the insurance buyers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

I really suggest you research the rise of insurance rates prior and during the ACA. You'll notice the ACA actually slowed down the rate of growth on insurance rates. But hey.....fuck Obamacare right?

Slower Premium Growth Under Obama

The problem isn't insurance rates rising, it's that wages are stagnant.
Forbes Welcome

Quote:
2) making a unjustified deal with Russia. I don't think we should be Ukraine's protector, but we definitely should be committed to NATO. Any deal that trades any NATO member's security for Russian cooperation would break my faith in him.
Would him removing sanctions against Russia break your faith? I highly suspect that is going to happen. No we aren't Ukraine's protectors, but you can't allow him to take over that area where are NATO allies are.

Quote:
3) a lack of efforts that specifically target improving the life of urban US cities. Both parties ignore the real needs of these populations, the democrats take them for granted, and republicans see them as unswerving opponents. I want to see Trump move beyond that dilemna.
Some many factors go into this and they go well beyond even Trump or any President. Many of these areas need to improve educationally, socio-economically, and culturally to improve. Some of it is going to have to come from within those very communities in order to break the cycle.

Quote:
the least important thing that Trump promised - the wall. If it's built fine, if not, make immigration attainable, deport criminals here illegally and call it a job well done.
A wall is going to be as effective as a shredded condom. It's just a huge waste of money, and it's going to keep nobody out.I have no issues with deporting criminals here illegally or even jailing those that commit crimes.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-19-2017, 04:32 PM   #17
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Thanks for playing NC. enjoy the resistance.

So for you, I ask what would it take for you to accept any government at all?

I do accept government. In a fantasy land, we wouldn't need government. Everybody would act accordingly, be fair, be responsible, respect each others opinions/lifestyles and help each other out to further humanity. The difference between you and me are vastly different because you think no further than your nose on your face. You make decisions based on what's going to affect you and your family's immediate future. I make mine based on all of humanity. Why have kids if you are just fucking the world for the future generations?

Quote:
In all seriousness, I get punch, and others, but I have no idea what form of government/political structure you would support. If you think that government hasn't always formed around the rich/powerful people of a country that's simply crazy.

Ah yes. SO we should just readily accept that the rich and powerful should rule us and move along because of history? Be a good servant and go fetch these rich assholes their slippers. Maybe the blacks should have said the same thing when they were slaves as well. History of humanity has been about man fighting to make things an equal playing field. There may never be some fantasy land Utopia, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for it. (much like anything in our lives) We should be learning from history, not repeating it.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:02 PM   #18
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Let me be clear, since Schneed and NC both hit. There is a place for the government to fix healthcare in this country. The affordable care act is NOT it. I'm not going to say I can write a better plan, I can't. But there are people who can, and I'm not talking about ideologues on either side of the aisle.

Things I think would make a difference (that will probably never happen):
putting reasonable limits on lawsuits
setting up a medical academy (or 2) like the military academies that produce medical doctors who commit to years of post college service
allowing cross state insurance pools
making larger use of both cataclysmic insurance pools, and minimum care guidelines
doing something, i don't know what, on prescription drugs

Like I said I don't know the best plans so whenever you want to write a primer on what are the best practices Schneed, I would love to learn.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #19
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I do accept government. In a fantasy land, we wouldn't need government. Everybody would act accordingly, be fair, be responsible, respect each others opinions/lifestyles and help each other out to further humanity. The difference between you and me are vastly different because you think no further than your nose on your face. You make decisions based on what's going to affect you and your family's immediate future. I make mine based on all of humanity. Why have kids if you are just fucking the world for the future generations?

Ah yes. SO we should just readily accept that the rich and powerful should rule us and move along because of history? Be a good servant and go fetch these rich assholes their slippers. Maybe the blacks should have said the same thing when they were slaves as well. History of humanity has been about man fighting to make things an equal playing field. There may never be some fantasy land Utopia, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for it. (much like anything in our lives) We should be learning from history, not repeating it.
So what is your answer for government?

You spew out a lot of idealistic bs but reality is that history shows how all the governments progress. There is no utopian government that is going to suddenly appear but we do have a rich human history of what makes better, and worse, governments.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:22 PM   #20
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Was Trump just doing his best Namath/Kolber imitation? Wtf was that? This is surreal.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:10 AM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

right now the mall at the inauguration looks empty. Trump may have to change from "record attendees" to "record greenspace" in his inauguration speech.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:20 AM   #22
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Cred ,Sneed and Punch I agree will all of what you say. Personally I want him to stop the tweeting act, like you belong in the Office ....you represent this country.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:51 PM   #23
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos

just look at that picture on the front of cnn. lol first lady trying to look like Jackie O...Trump looks like he is about to tell someone they are fired. simply amazing folks

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:55 PM   #24
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos

just look at that picture on the front of cnn. lol first lady trying to look like Jackie O...Drumpf looks like he is about to tell someone they are fired. simply amazing folks

Whew.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:40 PM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

My mind is blown watching trump walk into the White House. Jeez wtf acid tripping...this is the same guy that talked dick size during the debates:

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 06:33 PM   #26
MTK
\m/

Pretty striking difference

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-dra...-politics.html
Old 01-20-2017, 07:52 PM   #27
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

When did double down become a popular phrase?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2017, 08:49 PM   #28
MTK
\m/

Man the entertainment at this inaugural ball is serious weak sauce, it's like getting stuck watching the 49ers v Browns
Old 01-20-2017, 08:56 PM   #29
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Better pic....

Comparison: Donald Trump and Barack Obama’s inauguration crowds | PBS NewsHour
Old 01-20-2017, 09:00 PM   #30
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Man the entertainment at this inaugural ball is serious weak sauce, it's like getting stuck watching the 49ers v Browns

Embarrassing!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote