Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 10:11 AM   #1276
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Trey Quinn, Sims Jr, Terry McLaurin and P Rich...even Harmon. I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far from the group. This coming offseason let’s rebuild the TE position.
$16 mil a year for Reed and Davis, that is worse than insanity.

Advertisements
Old 09-22-2019, 10:44 AM   #1277
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
At what point do we find CONTINUITY? Has anyone pondered where’d the Redskins be today if they had just paid Cousins early on, and kept DeSean and Garçon around in Gruden’s system? Years later, we’re all left with this mess, no continuity, or stability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would have been flat out dumb to keep both Garcon and Jackson at 10 million plus. Jackson has too many issues staying healthy, there's always something wrong with him. Not a good investment paying at wr 10 million plus on the other side of 30. Garcon got hurt the following year and is out of the league.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:04 AM   #1278
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
It’s pure negligence and remember, you get zero blocking in the run game with reed and Davis. VD is rated by pro football focus as the worst blocking tight end in the league. Period.

The Alex Smith and TE contacts are nearly 37 million this year against the cap. We are getting nothing

He Gets Us
Old 09-22-2019, 12:12 PM   #1279
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Quote:
It’s pure negligence and remember, you get zero blocking in the run game with reed and Davis. VD is rated by pro football focus as the worst blocking tight end in the league. Period.

The Alex Smith and TE contacts are nearly 37 million this year against the cap. We are getting nothing
Even though it is money for nothing the Alex Smith situation was a freak occurrence of bad luck. On the other hand the situation with Davis and Reed a blind man could have seen coming.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:43 PM   #1280
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Even though it is money for nothing the Alex Smith situation was a freak occurrence of bad luck. On the other hand the situation with Davis and Reed a blind man could have seen coming.
Well Alex Smith trade was a poor choice to begin with, he wasn’t a good fit for Jays system and was knee jerk. Plus, we didn’t need to give the extension right away either until we saw how he played in it.

Multiple mistakes by Bruce and his band of idiots

He Gets Us
Old 09-22-2019, 01:18 PM   #1281
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Well Alex Smith trade was a poor choice to begin with, he wasn’t a good fit for Jays system and was knee jerk. Plus, we didn’t need to give the extension right away either until we saw how he played in it.

Multiple mistakes by Bruce and his band of idiots

Bruce has been one mistake and blunder after the other since arriving in Washington. He said it himself...,”you’re judged by your record”.

Well, Bruce, what’s your record since arriving here???

Old 09-22-2019, 04:24 PM   #1282
Warthog
The Starter

For all I complain about BA and Snyder, there are stills rays of hope after the upcoming bad season.

1. Gruden and Manusky will be gone. Problem is with Snyder and his lackey, BA - what talented HC candidates would come to this franchise, with it’s meddling and poor leadership and continuing issues of this losing franchise? My guess is they’ll go for an internal candidate like O’Connell and hope he can be another Sean McVay.

2. Haskins will eventually be allowed to play and gain experience. He may be a future franchise QB the fans can get behind.

3. McLaurin and the rest of the young WR’s are the bright spot in the team. If McLaurin stays on track he could be a Rookie-of-the-Year candidate. But he’s going to need help from the other WR’s because teams will just double team him.

4. New HC could mean a cleaning out of the Redskin’s deadwood FA’s. Norman, Richardson and others will be gone, opening up cap room. Unfortunately, most likely, TW and Scherff will be gone too. Although they may franchise tag Scherff.

5. 2020 draft will be heavily concentrated on the OL. Everything else is rubbish. TW, Scherff and thankfully Moses will need to be replaced. If they draft well the team could have a young, solid OL.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 09-23-2019, 02:43 PM   #1283
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
At what point do we find CONTINUITY? Has anyone pondered where’d the Redskins be today if they had just paid Cousins early on, and kept DeSean and Garçon around in Gruden’s system? Years later, we’re all left with this mess, no continuity, or stability.

Your CONTINUITY argument is spot on. When TW is gone, Kerrigan will be the only player who has more than 7 years on this team. NO ONE wants to stay here - the quality players and coaches go to more stable and better run franchises. The only players who are interested in the Redskins are those FA that want to CASH IN NOW

Until Snyder brings in a HC or GM and really gives them the reins to truly make the team a winner - nothing will change. Dan Snyder wants to personally direct the team using his front man Bruce Allen to run interference and take the blame. Unfortunately, neither Snyder or Allen understands how to win in the NFL.

As long as the team win 5,6,7 games, Snyder can rationalize that the team is just a key player or another year’s draft away from moving to the next level. The team’s personnel decisions are often short-sighted. Win NOW, instead of rebuilding and cleaning house in off seasons. This keeps the team universally mediocre but never really bad.

Perhaps the team needs a really, really BAD season to get Snyder to wake up and give up controls to a true NFL professional. This might be the year.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 09-28-2019, 01:20 AM   #1284
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

https://m.sfgate.com/49ers/article/J...s-14473830.php

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 09-28-2019, 06:33 AM   #1285
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Do the 49ers have much draft capital? Didn't they trade their 2nd to the Chiefs? I can't see them giving up a 1st for TW unless they are desperate, given his age. If they give up a1st for Ramsey (worth it) then they have little to offer us except 2021 picks, which wouldn't itself be so bad.

Given BA's stance I find it hard to believe he'll trade TW for peanuts, and I can't see who gives up anything better than a 2nd and 3rd. Maybe with a decent player thrown in, that would be palatable.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:08 PM   #1286
calia
Playmaker

Part of me wants them to refuse to trade TW. Make him come back or forfeit a season of salary. Then extend him and do the same. He cannot play for another team for 2 years if we want to see to it, and by then he will be 33 and 2 years removed from football. His market goes down a lot at that point.

He’s been awesome for us and I would love to have seen him retire as a Redskin. But sitting and watching his team flounder without him is bullshit.

I half suspect Jay’s antagonism to AP is because he assumes he can influence what his friend does. It can’t be the man’s contributions.

The whole thing is such a farce. But with each passing week, I find myself getting more pissed at a player I really used to love, and I am sure I am not alone.

Old 09-29-2019, 11:42 AM   #1287
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I have no ill will towards TW he is taking his stand and paying the price. I also don’t see the point in the FO handling it poorly to make a point. Players see that and they talk they want to work with a FO that is fair and not vindictive.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:34 PM   #1288
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Your CONTINUITY argument is spot on. When TW is gone, Kerrigan will be the only player who has more than 7 years on this team. NO ONE wants to stay here - the quality players and coaches go to more stable and better run franchises. The only players who are interested in the Redskins are those FA that want to CASH IN NOW

Until Snyder brings in a HC or GM and really gives them the reins to truly make the team a winner - nothing will change. Dan Snyder wants to personally direct the team using his front man Bruce Allen to run interference and take the blame. Unfortunately, neither Snyder or Allen understands how to win in the NFL.

As long as the team win 5,6,7 games, Snyder can rationalize that the team is just a key player or another year’s draft away from moving to the next level. The team’s personnel decisions are often short-sighted. Win NOW, instead of rebuilding and cleaning house in off seasons. This keeps the team universally mediocre but never really bad.

Perhaps the team needs a really, really BAD season to get Snyder to wake up and give up controls to a true NFL professional. This might be the year.

Exactly. Tired of starting over every 4-5 years. New coaches, new system, new QB, yawn, yawn, yawn. The Skins have been “rebuilding” for 20 years. Everyone is always begging for changes. I’ve done the same thing.

At what point do we see continuity with a head coach, a system and a quarterback. Why do you think Bellecheck and Brady have had so much success?

Old 09-29-2019, 12:36 PM   #1289
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Maybe they’re holding onto TW, because they know he’ll show once Bruce Allen is gone and Allen’s day are numbered?

Old 09-29-2019, 02:59 PM   #1290
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

I used like TW but not now. Has no honor.. you signed a contract. honor it low life. Id trade him to some crappy team...
Closed Thread