Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Brian LaFemina Out Less Than 1 Year In

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-28-2018, 01:51 PM   #91
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: Brian LaFemina Out Less Than 1 Year In

Ok step one changed the avatar, now for that blasphemous name you boast..........
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2018, 01:53 PM   #92
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
What if Lafemina's firing was just the first shot of a general executive housecleaning by Snyder? Snyder could be planning to bring in a new Team President to run the entire business, with new EVP's under him to run the business side and the football side, respectively. That could mean that Bruce and Jay will also be fired at the end of the season. I nominate General Mattis to be Team President and Bill Parcells to be EVP of Football Operations.
Don't toy with my emotions like that....
RedskinJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:57 PM   #93
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Ok step one changed the avatar, now for that blasphemous name you boast..........
Lol, well the avatar was changed for me. I said I was pulling for the Eagles in the playoffs not that I was abandoning the Redskins and pulling for them forever. But I'll wear the avatar as a scarlet letter for a bit.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:15 PM   #94
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinJake View Post
Lol, well the avatar was changed for me. I said I was pulling for the Eagles in the playoffs not that I was abandoning the Redskins and pulling for them forever. But I'll wear the avatar as a scarlet letter for a bit.

Join the club. Mine was changed too. Apparently the admins like messing with people’s accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 02:15 PM   #95
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
What if Lafemina's firing was just the first shot of a general executive housecleaning by Snyder? Snyder could be planning to bring in a new Team President to run the entire business, with new EVP's under him to run the business side and the football side, respectively. That could mean that Bruce and Jay will also be fired at the end of the season. I nominate General Mattis to be Team President and Bill Parcells to be EVP of Football Operations.

Lafemina was going to be fired (or he’d resign) after the was over. As has been much reported, Snyder and Allen didn’t get along with him and didn’t agree with his approach. However, Lafemina was getting ready to fire a whole bunch of long-time employees on the operations side of things. Guys who were “Snyder guys” so Snyder stepped in and preemptively fires Lafemina to stop that from happening.

Everyone can have their opinion on who was right or wrong, but ultimately none of us really know the specifics of what lead to the relationship souring. What we do know, is that Lafemina had NOTHING to do with football decisions. His employment (or lack thereof) has no impact on the stuff most of us should care about - football operations.

It is common knowledge that Snyder believes it was a mistake to fire coaches mid-season in the past. Any changes he makes will be made in the offseason. It has been reported that Snyder has been fed up with how allen has operated the team and repeatedly embarrassed the organization.

It was reported that Allen and Jay are both fearful for their jobs. The decision to cut Swearinger (as opposed to perhaps just suspend him) was described by a team source as a “Hail Mary” attempt from Allen and Jay to look like they had a handle on things to possibly save their jobs.

This is quite telling. The fact that they’re scared means Snyder has not communicated any plan to keep either of them.

I fully expect Allen to be “reassigned” to focus exclusively on the stadium deal and a new GM to take over within the next week.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 02:36 PM   #96
RedskinJake
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Lafemina was going to be fired (or he’d resign) after the was over. As has been much reported, Snyder and Allen didn’t get along with him and didn’t agree with his approach. However, Lafemina was getting ready to fire a whole bunch of long-time employees on the operations side of things. Guys who were “Snyder guys” so Snyder stepped in and preemptively fires Lafemina to stop that from happening.

Everyone can have their opinion on who was right or wrong, but ultimately none of us really know the specifics of what lead to the relationship souring. What we do know, is that Lafemina had NOTHING to do with football decisions. His employment (or lack thereof) has no impact on the stuff most of us should care about - football operations.

It is common knowledge that Snyder believes it was a mistake to fire coaches mid-season in the past. Any changes he makes will be made in the offseason. It has been reported that Snyder has been fed up with how allen has operated the team and repeatedly embarrassed the organization.

It was reported that Allen and Jay are both fearful for their jobs. The decision to cut Swearinger (as opposed to perhaps just suspend him) was described by a team source as a “Hail Mary” attempt from Allen and Jay to look like they had a handle on things to possibly save their jobs.

This is quite telling. The fact that they’re scared means Snyder has not communicated any plan to keep either of them.

I fully expect Allen to be “reassigned” to focus exclusively on the stadium deal and a new GM to take over within the next week.

The best thing for everyone would be to move Allen out of the building and give him a high end office in DC and treat him as a consultant/lobbyist for the stadium deal. Bring in a "football guy" at GM or promote Kyle Smith or Eric Schaffer to GM. Let the new GM decide Gruden's fate after 2019 unless an elite head coach is available and wants the job. But getting Allen out of the building is key. In fact, I'd formally make him a consultant and tie his compensation to getting the stadium deal done.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #97
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
The best thing for everyone would be to move Allen out of the building and give him a high end office in DC and treat him as a consultant/lobbyist for the stadium deal. Bring in a "football guy" at GM or promote Kyle Smith or Eric Schaffer to GM. Let the new GM decide Gruden's fate after 2019 unless an elite head coach is available and wants the job. But getting Allen out of the building is key. In fact, I'd formally make him a consultant and tie his compensation to getting the stadium deal done.

Agreed

Old 12-28-2018, 02:43 PM   #98
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Join the club. Mine was changed too. Apparently the admins like messing with people’s accounts.

Hmm, he's never messed with mine, but I've never pulled for a DIVISION RIVAL IN A HOME GAME!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2018, 02:45 PM   #99
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
I've never had any real complaints about the stadium. Even parking and traffic weren't real issues in my mind but I also usually park at the Arena Shopping Center. I walk further but once I'm in the car it's a quick right out of the parking lot and a right onto the interstate. To me, a few upgrades here and there are more than sufficient. I haven't been to any of the newest mega stadiums but FedEx Field stacks up fine with the stadiums I've been to. Fans want good, competitive football first and foremost. You don't even have to win 10-12 games a year. Just put a good product on the field.
I think there are a lot of folks who advocate moving the stadium back to dc so there are restaurants bars, things to do all day type thing.

That's how a lot of stadiums, arenas are set upin a lot of cities. Kind of an all day outing.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:12 PM   #100
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Hmm, he's never messed with mine, but I've never pulled for a DIVISION RIVAL IN A HOME GAME!

That is true. I signed a death warrant with that huh?

Old 12-28-2018, 03:12 PM   #101
Skinsfanatic
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
I think there are a lot of folks who advocate moving the stadium back to dc so there are restaurants bars, things to do all day type thing.

That's how a lot of stadiums, arenas are set upin a lot of cities. Kind of an all day outing.
Fedex Field is already an all-day outing.

#parking
Skinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 03:18 PM   #102
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Someone went into your account and changed your avatar? 😂😂😂😂😂
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 03:19 PM   #103
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Someone went into your account and changed your avatar?

Happened to me too

Old 12-28-2018, 03:22 PM   #104
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Happened to me too

#metoo