Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Eagles postgame

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2022, 02:49 PM   #91
calia
Playmaker
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 54
Posts: 3,013
Re: Eagles postgame

Some folks seem to have signed off of the team already -- understandable given the effort the last two weeks, I suppose. But if they can manage to show some life next week (a big if) and beat Dallas, 2-2 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, with a comeback win against the Jags (who are improved), a loss to Detroit (who is also significantly improved), and a thumping by a team that could one of the best in the NFC -- no shame in that. If, on the other hand as seems more likely given yesterday's debacle, they come out lifeless and limp, fall to a 21-0 deficient and then manage to scrape a few points in a 37-17 loss (which feels about right), they simply have to make some significant changes -- at least as to the leadership of what is shaping up to be D that looks to be last in the league. If they're blown out by Dallas and do nothing in response, the demand for change/exodus will be massive. Waiting for Robinson and Young to come back from injury simply won't cut it at this point (if that's their plan).
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-26-2022, 03:00 PM   #92
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 31,825
Re: Eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Some folks seem to have signed off of the team already -- understandable given the effort the last two weeks, I suppose. But if they can manage to show some life next week (a big if) and beat Dallas, 2-2 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, with a comeback win against the Jags (who are improved), a loss to Detroit (who is also significantly improved), and a thumping by a team that could one of the best in the NFC -- no shame in that. If, on the other hand as seems more likely given yesterday's debacle, they come out lifeless and limp, fall to a 21-0 deficient and then manage to scrape a few points in a 37-17 loss (which feels about right), they simply have to make some significant changes -- at least as to the leadership of what is shaping up to be D that looks to be last in the league. If they're blown out by Dallas and do nothing in response, the demand for change/exodus will be massive. Waiting for Robinson and Young to come back from injury simply won't cut it at this point (if that's their plan).
Too me itís the inconsistency and how they are losing. The first half of not being prepared to compete is a major issue. Itís on both the defense and offense. To be honest, I thought the d was better yesterday. But Turner game plans the last 2 times out hasnít been up to par. Iíd like to see a lil more balance from the offense.
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

"Jackie are you here? Where's Jackie?"
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:47 PM   #93
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,378
Re: Eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Too me itís the inconsistency and how they are losing. The first half of not being prepared to compete is a major issue. Itís on both the defense and offense. To be honest, I thought the d was better yesterday. But Turner game plans the last 2 times out hasnít been up to par. Iíd like to see a lil more balance from the offense.
My memory (which isn't great) tells me that this team hasn't really played a full game of complementary football - all three phases clicking - since this staff took over...and way before that.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:52 PM   #94
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 50
Posts: 98,236
Re: Eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Some folks seem to have signed off of the team already -- understandable given the effort the last two weeks, I suppose. But if they can manage to show some life next week (a big if) and beat Dallas, 2-2 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, with a comeback win against the Jags (who are improved), a loss to Detroit (who is also significantly improved), and a thumping by a team that could one of the best in the NFC -- no shame in that. If, on the other hand as seems more likely given yesterday's debacle, they come out lifeless and limp, fall to a 21-0 deficient and then manage to scrape a few points in a 37-17 loss (which feels about right), they simply have to make some significant changes -- at least as to the leadership of what is shaping up to be D that looks to be last in the league. If they're blown out by Dallas and do nothing in response, the demand for change/exodus will be massive. Waiting for Robinson and Young to come back from injury simply won't cut it at this point (if that's their plan).
I get it, yesterday was depressing AF. But we've seen this story before where they rally from a slow start and and even put together a nice winning streak. The season is a marathon not a sprint.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:54 PM   #95
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,492
Re: Eagles postgame

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/9/26/...-his-own-sacks

I am ignoring the authors biased analysis but the data in and of itself is interesting. Going into yesterdays game Wentz was averaging 2.7 seconds in pocket third in league behind Trey Lance and Justin Fields. Yesterdays sacks:
1. 2.75 seconds
2. 3.15 seconds
3. 3.20
4. 3.76
5. 4.27
6. 2.93
7. 2.42
8. 3.70
9. 2.58

Some of that is obviously on Wentz. You can't hold the ball for that long, but Turner needs to readjust to get some quick pass plays in action. IMO the offense was most effective in the early part of the Jax game when they were using quick throws to Samuel and Gibson. They will probably need to get Terry in on the short routes more too. Samuel rarely extends beyond the sticks so his is limited in his ability to move the defense. Bring Terry in too and use it to open the downfield instead of having long developing plays.
__________________
Taylor goes prime time
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 03:58 PM   #96
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 50
Posts: 98,236
Re: Eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/9/26/...-his-own-sacks

I am ignoring the authors biased analysis but the data in and of itself is interesting. Going into yesterdays game Wentz was averaging 2.7 seconds in pocket third in league behind Trey Lance and Justin Fields. Yesterdays sacks:
1. 2.75 seconds
2. 3.15 seconds
3. 3.20
4. 3.76
5. 4.27
6. 2.93
7. 2.42
8. 3.70
9. 2.58

Some of that is obviously on Wentz. You can't hold the ball for that long, but Turner needs to readjust to get some quick pass plays in action. IMO the offense was most effective in the early part of the Jax game when they were using quick throws to Samuel and Gibson. They will probably need to get Terry in on the short routes more too. Samuel rarely extends beyond the sticks so his is limited in his ability to move the defense. Bring Terry in too and use it to open the downfield instead of having long developing plays.
I put the majority of the pass pro issues yesterday squarely on Turner and his game plan. Really been disappointed in him the last 2 weeks. He's hanging Wentz out to dry with all the deep drops, slow developing plays, and lack of a run game.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 04:15 PM   #97
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,492
Re: Eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I put the majority of the pass pro issues yesterday squarely on Turner and his game plan. Really been disappointed in him the last 2 weeks. He's hanging Wentz out to dry with all the deep drops, slow developing plays, and lack of a run game.
Agree. Turner needs to revisit the first quarter game plan of the Jax game. (That win is now looking pretty solid after their last two performances)
__________________
Taylor goes prime time
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 04:32 PM   #98
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 15,734
Re: Eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I have no complaints with trading for Wentz. We knew we were getting a middle of the pack QB that can generate a lot of offense, but you can't have below average o-line, and TE play and expect an elite performance from him.
I prefer a power run game and downfield passing game. But our OLine simply isn't built for it. So we have to adjust to the short and midrange passing game, with maybe a couple deep shots per game, preferably with max protection.

This staff absolutely stinks at adjustments and scheming around what their players can do.
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 04:37 PM   #99
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 13,951
Re: Eagles postgame

Robinson and Young will definitely help a lot. Another change would be to let St. Juste start instead of Jackson who has no business being there. Get rid of Wildgoose and bring back Jimmy Moreland, he knows the D and would be an instant improvement in the CBís. Also resign Flowers if heís willing to come back.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 05:00 PM   #100
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 15,734
Re: Eagles postgame

Erik Flowers must still be asking for a lot. Otherwise, it makes no sense that no team has picked him up yet.

He must've played it smart with his money and doesn't need to come back for "chump change".
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:55 PM   #101
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 34,005
Re: Eagles postgame

https://twitter.com/joshtaylorfb/sta...h4-jkSTkMOJcnA

Lol that dude sucks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
ďMediocre people donít like high achievers, and high achievers donít like mediocre people.Ē
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:56 PM   #102
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4,283
Re: Eagles postgame

Welp .. brokeback mountain in texas at 1 pm Sunday
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 07:25 PM   #103
PorkSkins
Playmaker
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,938
Re: Eagles postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Welp .. brokeback mountain in texas at 1 pm Sunday
Prescott supposedly will return (he's probably rushing as Rush is playing admirably) on Sunday.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 07:50 PM   #104
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 16,212
Re: Eagles postgame

Lawrence and Parsons tongues are hanging out watching tape this week.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 08:20 PM   #105
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 19,583
Re: Eagles postgame



Nice. Not quite good scoring offense and not quite good defense either. Lookin' good for year 3 Ron!
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.13042 seconds with 12 queries