Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Post game Packers

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2018, 04:32 PM   #1
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,933
Post game Packers

AP...run the ball we win

I donít know but this defense came to play. Holding that team to those yards and points...thatís a big win.

Oline got it going today
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2018, 04:39 PM   #2
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,347
Re: Post game Packers

Another game were we got lots of breaks, Iím not used to it. My concern just like the AZ game, great 1st half, nothing on the second half.
I think our OL is better without Lauvao, with Roullier at LG and Bergstrom at C.

Game balls to:

Peterson
Allen
Ionnadis
Payne
Richardson
Hopkins

Negatives:

Nsekhe 3 holding penalties
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #3
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,933
Re: Post game Packers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Another game were we got lots of breaks, Iím not used to it. My concern just like the AZ game, great 1st half, nothing on the second half.
I think our OL is better without Lauvao, with Roullier at LG and Bergstrom at C.

Game balls to:

Peterson
Allen
Ionnadis
Payne
Richardson
Hopkins

Negatives:

Nsekhe 3 holding penalties

Yeah...think you could be right..but I did see a number of times running the ball that side roullier getting pushed back.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:48 PM   #4
WillH
The Starter
 
WillH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,534
Re: Post game Packers

This defense may be legit. Payne and Allen coming into there own out there today. If they continue to develop on the front seven, this will be a playoff team.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
You like that! You like that!
WillH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #5
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,410
Re: Post game Packers

Positives - game ball to Gruden. Every unit was flying around.

Negatives - we won by less than a million.

That game was great on every level. They were fast and they let the opponent make the mistakes.

Might be revisionist history, but hat tip to Jay. As El Capitan, one of his better jobs in his career here. That aboy Jay.

Alex Smith is a fucking leader, I just trust that dude.

AP, you balled out today, fun to watch. So glad we brought him in, well done FO.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:58 PM   #6
mooby
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,439
Re: Post game Packers

Positives:

We showed up to play today. Inspiring start from the offense, kept it going until we had the 28-10 lead.

Negatives: 2nd half momentum lost? We still did a great job keeping them off the board after their first 2nd half drive.

Indifference: Seems like the game could've been closer, if the Packers didn't commit as many penalties and drop that many crucial passes.

Also shout out to the garbage roughing the passer penalty on Matthews, the NFL gave us a present on that one. Let's call that one what it is: the furthering pussification of football. The fact that they immediately stood by the call tells me they are basically trying to remove hard hits from the game. I don't like it.

Also 2nd shout out to Jay Gruden for challenging the 4th down catch. From my tv, it looked like a catch to me, Cobb sold it well. If they hadn't been paying attention, we could be talking a different ending.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:02 PM   #7
mooby
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,439
Re: Post game Packers

Also that sack of Rodgers where Ioannidis? took down Bulaga and Rodgers was the stuff of legends. What a stud.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:03 PM   #8
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,933
Re: Post game Packers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Positives:

We showed up to play today. Inspiring start from the offense, kept it going until we had the 28-10 lead.

Negatives: 2nd half momentum lost? We still did a great job keeping them off the board after their first 2nd half drive.

Indifference: Seems like the game could've been closer, if the Packers didn't commit as many penalties and drop that many crucial passes.

Also shout out to the garbage roughing the passer penalty on Matthews, the NFL gave us a present on that one. Let's call that one what it is: the furthering pussification of football. The fact that they immediately stood by the call tells me they are basically trying to remove hard hits from the game. I don't like it.

Also 2nd shout out to Jay Gruden for challenging the 4th down catch. From my tv, it looked like a catch to me, Cobb sold it well. If they hadn't been paying attention, we could be talking a different ending.
First, I totally agree with what your saying with the Matthews hit...it a terrible call.

The irony is Matthews is being flagged for a rule that was created because of the Barr hit on Rodgers last year.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:05 PM   #9
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,271
Re: Post game Packers

This defense is a top 10 D if healthy. We saw flashes last year until allen went down. That guy is a machine. Payne was solid, Matt I is awesome. RK and PS were better

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:18 PM   #10
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,271
Re: Post game Packers

Our O isn't pretty like we have said before, it's not going to "light it up" but if we can manage the game, limit TOs and score in the RZ we will be fine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:24 PM   #11
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,532
Re: Post game Packers

We got a lot of breaks today w/ calls and blatant easy drops from the GB wr's. I'll take it, but it is really frustrating to see us play so well in the 1st half and then basically take a dump in the 2nd half. GB's db's were struggling and there were no deep shots in the 2nd half. Why? Or blitzes, just seemed like were were playing not to loose, which is Gruden's staple. Anyway, great win cause I didn't think we were going to, nice to be 2-1.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:33 PM   #12
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,876
Re: Post game Packers

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
We got a lot of breaks today w/ calls and blatant easy drops from the GB wr's. I'll take it, but it is really frustrating to see us play so well in the 1st half and then basically take a dump in the 2nd half. GB's db's were struggling and there were no deep shots in the 2nd half. Why? Or blitzes, just seemed like were were playing not to loose, which is Gruden's staple. Anyway, great win cause I didn't think we were going to, nice to be 2-1.
I'm pretty sure it is frustrating for GB fans having the best player in the league do nothing much in the first have and hoping for a miracle in the second half (as in the past three games they've played).

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:36 PM   #13
sdskinsfan2001
Pro Bowl
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,410
Re: Post game Packers

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
We got a lot of breaks today w/ calls and blatant easy drops from the GB wr's. I'll take it, but it is really frustrating to see us play so well in the 1st half and then basically take a dump in the 2nd half. GB's db's were struggling and there were no deep shots in the 2nd half. Why? Or blitzes, just seemed like were were playing not to loose, which is Gruden's staple. Anyway, great win cause I didn't think we were going to, nice to be 2-1.
Its Aaron Rodgers man, the dude is a magic man. They made mistakes we didn't. A big part of NFL is making less mistakes than the other team. We wouldn't feel good about losing if the script was flipped.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #14
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,347
Re: Post game Packers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I'm pretty sure it is frustrating for GB fans having the best player in the league do nothing much in the first have and hoping for a miracle in the second half (as in the past three games they've played).

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
At least GB adjusted and played a better second half. My concern is vs AZ and GB we came out flat and did barely anything in the 2nd half.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:10 PM   #15
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 90,938
Re: Post game Packers

The good thing is even though we didnít do much in the 2nd half GB did even less
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.23068 seconds with 10 queries