Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #391
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: Fred Davis Done for Season. Welcome Back Cooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
You could look at it like that, and you could look at it like this.

- Trent Dilfer
- Brad Johnson
- Jeff Hostetler
- Mark Rypien
- Doug Williams
- Jim Mcmahon
- Joe Theismann
fixed it, here are the actual non world beating qb winners. it wasn't really about getting there. notice 3 are gibbs, 2 had insanely good defenses, and the last non world beating qb to win a super bowl did so over 10 years ago.

great qbs make all the difference.

that said, can you guys please stop trolling every single thread and wasting everyone's time. you don't like shanny, we get it, really, we do. unless you've got something new or worthwhile to add, please just stop. it's annoying.

as for cooley, welcome back.

Advertisements
Old 10-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #392
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
fixed it, here are the actual non world beating qb winners. it wasn't really about getting there. notice 3 are gibbs, 2 had insanely good defenses, and the last non world beating qb to win a super bowl did so over 10 years ago.

that said, can you guys please stop trolling every single thread and wasting everyone's time. you don't like shanny, we get it, really, we do. unless you've got something new or worthwhile to add, please just stop. it's annoying.

I aint trolling shit. This wasnt about Shanny. Its annoying that you are gonna sit there and tell me Bill Belichik isnt a good coach. Insane actually. Stop trying to turn everything into an argument. As had been pointed out lately - there is an ignore list. So instead of getting miffed - use it.

Edit: stop trolling EVERY post woth Shanny hate? That is so over the top. For the most part I give credit to Shanny for alot of things. I have made I think 1500 posts in two months and there might be three where I pick on Shanny. So please dont just assume what you THINK i am commenting about. Also how interesting would the thread be if it was 250 " welcome back Cooley". I mean there aint much of a story there.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by punch it in; 10-28-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #393
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post

Ben Roethlisberger has won a bunch of super bowls, but I think we have a better quarterback.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #394
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I aint trolling shit. This wasnt about Shanny. Its annoying that you are gonna sit there and tell me Bill Belichik isnt a good coach

Bill Belicheat is only as good as his talent, as is ANY coach. Look no further than his stint in Cleveland to understand this concept. It's also one of the main reasons I believe Bill will retire when Brady does. I would be willing to bet some very good money on this.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 10-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #395
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Bill Belicheat is only as good as his talent, as is ANY coach. Look no further than his stint in Cleveland to understand this concept. It's also one of the main reasons I believe Bill will retire when Brady does. I would be willing to bet some very good money on this.
would you say he's a good coach?
Old 10-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #396
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Not going to disagree with talent having something to do with it. Lol. One of my biggest sports related beliefs is circumstance and situation. I happen to hate the Lakers. My brother is a huge fan. I love knocking Phil Jackson. Who couldnt win multiple championships with jordan pippen shaq and kobe! Belichik though did take those atrocious browns teams to 11 wins and a playoff birth once though. I am not enough of a history buff to tell you who was on that team but im pretty sure it wasnt loaded with talent. Also he guided the Pats to 11 wins with Cassell. Total fluke thing that wasnt good enough to make the playoffs. So he has proven that he can win alot if games with not alot of talent twice in his career?

Old 10-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #397
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
would you say he's a good coach?

Yes, but I do think he's vastly overrated and one of the luckiest sons of bitches to walk this earth. I've never in my life seen a team get more calls or balls bounce their way than the Patriots and Steelers. Mind you, this was during their run in the early to mid 2000's. Winning super bowls takes a lot of luck, which is something many fans simply don't get. It also takes a lot of preparation and talent as well, so don't think I'm discounting that fact either.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 10-28-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #398
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Not going to disagree with talent having something to do with it. Lol. One of my biggest sports related beliefs is circumstance and situation. I happen to hate the Lakers. My brother is a huge fan. I love knocking Phil Jackson. Who couldnt win multiple championships with jordan pippen shaq and kobe! Belichik though did take those atrocious browns teams to 11 wins and a playoff birth once though. I am not enough of a history buff to tell you who was on that team but im pretty sure it wasnt loaded with talent. Also he guided the Pats to 11 wins with Cassell. Total fluke thing that wasnt good enough to make the playoffs. So he has proven that he can win alot if games with not alot of talent twice in his career?

You know a big reason why BB isn't winning those Super Bowls that he used to? Defense. His staple in the early/mid 2000's was a stingy defense. They ranked middle of the pack in yards allowed, but ranked in the top 5 in points allowed. They simply did not give up points. Fast forward to today, and its a team heavily reliant on a offense, while the defense folds like a cheap tent. THIS is why the Patriots won super bowls while the Colts tended to fade in the playoffs. Not because Brady was better, but that defense was ten times better than what the Colts ever had.

ps. I agree with your Phil Jackson statement. He without a doubt is one of the most hype coaches in all of history. Larry Brown is twice the coach that Phil ever was. Did more with way less talent and has won on every level.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #399
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
You know a big reason why BB isn't winning those Super Bowls that he used to? Defense. His staple in the early/mid 2000's was a stingy defense. They ranked middle of the pack in yards allowed, but ranked in the top 5 in points allowed. They simply did not give up points. Fast forward to today, and its a team heavily reliant on a offense, while the defense folds like a cheap tent. THIS is why the Patriots won super bowls while the Colts tended to fade in the playoffs. Not because Brady was better, but that defense was ten times better than what the Colts ever had.

ps. I agree with your Phil Jackson statement. He without a doubt is one of the most hype coaches in all of history. Larry Brown is twice the coach that Phil ever was. Did more with way less talent and has won on every level.
Love Larry Brown. Big sixers fan. Funny you say that because I always throw that name out there when I bring up Phil Jackson. He turns teams around. Great great coach.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #400
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
I aint trolling shit. This wasnt about Shanny. Its annoying that you are gonna sit there and tell me Bill Belichik isnt a good coach. Insane actually. Stop trying to turn everything into an argument. As had been pointed out lately - there is an ignore list. So instead of getting miffed - use it.

Edit: stop trolling EVERY post woth Shanny hate? That is so over the top. For the most part I give credit to Shanny for alot of things. I have made I think 1500 posts in two months and there might be three where I pick on Shanny. So please dont just assume what you THINK i am commenting about. Also how interesting would the thread be if it was 250 " welcome back Cooley". I mean there aint much of a story there.
couple things. first, what makes you think the trolling comment was even about you? it was in a seperate post replying to another user. it's directed at the goat mainly, but there are a couple others and i'm just tired of hearing about how much shanny sucks 13 times in every thread. if there's any assuming about intent, i assure you it's not on my part.

second, where did i say BB is a bad coach? all i was saying is that his success is shared with brady. before that happened he was a bad HEAD coach as referenced by his record, his firing, and the players comments about him at the time.

that's part of the ongoing shanny sucks campaign saying that he didn't win without a good qb. guess what? most other coaches haven't either. a great QB makes you over 600% more likely to win a super bowl. it's important, and most of the "good" coaches just happened to have good qbs.

and yes, i think rg3 will be better than big ben, with a lot less women troubles to boot.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #401
That Guy
Living Legend

honestly if i could pick any coach in the league, it'd be fisher. I think shannahan is okay though, but some of the gaping personal deficiencies have to be put on him at some level.
Closed Thread