Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Fred Davis Done for Season. Welcome Back Cooley

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #61
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

re: Fred Davis Done for Season. Welcome Back Cooley

I've always been very impressed with Paulsen. I think he and Young will get some more action in the offense. I'm sure they'll consider Cooley as he knows the offense and is always around Redskins Park anyway, but I'd say the odds of him returning are 30-70 at the moment.

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #62
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I've always been very impressed with Paulsen. I think he and Young will get some more action in the offense. I'm sure they'll consider Cooley as he knows the offense and is always around Redskins Park anyway, but I'd say the odds of him returning are 30-70 at the moment.
Smoot real quick, any news on Fletcher? Ik he has an MRI tomorrow but u hear anything?
Old 10-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #63
Deivybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Smoot real quick, any news on Fletcher? Ik he has an MRI tomorrow but u hear anything?
Better question update on jim haz being fired plzzzz.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #64
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
No idea
Old 10-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #65
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Waz up with fletch? Man this team is snake bitten with injuries
He's 37.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #66
redskins5044
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
He's 37.
Shanahans fault for re-signing him.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #67
FRPLG
MVP

I love CC but I don't think he brings anything to the table for us. He isn't better than Paulsen....stop and think about that, I'll wait....I'd rather see us just adjust and move some from PS up who has looked promising. At whatever position.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #68
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Not sure if it's Shanny's "fault". I'd have done it in a heartbeat. An iron man, pro-bowler, leader of a young inexperienced defense, and a man who recently has been putting up 100 tackle seasons..

Regardless, I'm very proud of our offense & team. RG3 makes up for all the injuries -- earlier it was the O-line, then Garcon, then DAvis, & defensive injuries -- but the next man up has been making it happen. With prior years, we would have crumbled with these injuries - but now I think it doesn't matter as much. Credit Shanahan and the depth he's creating, and Kyle's creative playcalling.

I get the feeling that RG3 can will us to win himself alone. Also feel that whoever we have in there by the years end - we could be dangerous if we get into the playoffs...
Old 10-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #69
SOUL-SKINS
Impact Rookie

@JasonLaCanfora: Redskins have reached out to former TE Chris Cooley, and deal likely to be finalized shortly. Reunion makes perfect sense for him and team
Old 10-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #70
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Jason LaConfora (yuck) says that we have reached out to CC and expect a deal soon...
Old 10-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #71
jdc65
Special Teams

I know it's early yet, but not really, and a quality tight end has to be considered an absolute necessity. I don't see Davis coming back next year, as he is a free agent, and has been mostly underwelming since he was highly drafted in 08. Time to say goodbye to Fred. Cooley is at best a stopgap for the remainder of this season, and Niles Paul is not a tight end.

Joseph Fauria of UCLA will likely be available in the 2nd rd when the Skins select next year, and he should be on the short list of possible draftees. Almost 6'-8" at 260 lbs with ok 4.8 speed, he won't go in the first, but he offers a big time red zone target area, quality blocking, and after the catch run ability.

Tight end has to now be considered a must get and high priority for next year. Secondary help has to come from free agency as rookie secondary players are almost always unreliable. Jarius Byrd at FS with either Talib or Cromartie at corner.

In other words, build the offense around Griffin with high draft picks for future growth, and build the defense thru free agency for immediate results.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #72
redskins5044
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
Not sure if it's Shanny's "fault". I'd have done it in a heartbeat. An iron man, pro-bowler, leader of a young inexperienced defense, and a man who recently has been putting up 100 tackle seasons..

Regardless, I'm very proud of our offense & team. RG3 makes up for all the injuries -- earlier it was the O-line, then Garcon, then DAvis, & defensive injuries -- but the next man up has been making it happen. With prior years, we would have crumbled with these injuries - but now I think it doesn't matter as much. Credit Shanahan and the depth he's creating, and Kyle's creative playcalling.

I get the feeling that RG3 can will us to win himself alone. Also feel that whoever we have in there by the years end - we could be dangerous if we get into the playoffs...
I was been sarcastic, because people like to blame him for everything.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #73
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc65 View Post
I know it's early yet, but not really, and a quality tight end has to be considered an absolute necessity. I don't see Davis coming back next year, as he is a free agent, and has been mostly underwelming since he was highly drafted in 08. Time to say goodbye to Fred. Cooley is at best a stopgap for the remainder of this season, and Niles Paul is not a tight end.

Joseph Fauria of UCLA will likely be available in the 2nd rd when the Skins select next year, and he should be on the short list of possible draftees. Almost 6'-8" at 260 lbs with ok 4.8 speed, he won't go in the first, but he offers a big time red zone target area, quality blocking, and after the catch run ability.

Tight end has to now be considered a must get and high priority for next year. Secondary help has to come from free agency as rookie secondary players are almost always unreliable. Jarius Byrd at FS with either Talib or Cromartie at corner.
Is he related to Christian Fauria the former patriots TE?

Cromartie isn't going to be a FA, and is basically a taller DHall...
Old 10-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #74
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Focus next year needs to be on Safety and CB's. We will resign Davis (the injury probably made that easier since no one will be paying a premium for a TE with 1 strike and coming off a major injury). OL seems to be solid in run and schemed ok for passing. Need to work on strengthening the back end of our Defense first, then any other area.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #75
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

TK ‏@TKextremeskins

Dust off your 47 jerseys #redskins RT @Jsteelz_Httr: get ready to welcome back Cooley..Deal close, may be done yet tonight

I agree with you Smoot. I think Paulsen is doing a hell of a job. Much better than Niles Paul is at the moment.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Closed Thread